SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

What are the chances to getting two shinies in a row on Wonder Trades?

A shame both are very likely to be hacked =/

1) A perfect, Adamant Dratini with Marvel Scale and a Battle Tree ribbon (what stood out).
2) A perfect, Modest Crobat on a Beast Ball. At least this one does not have a hidden ability... and it came with a Soothe Bell so I'm taking it :P

What are the chances to getting two shinies in a row on Wonder Trades?

A shame both are very likely to be hacked =/

1) A perfect, Adamant Dratini with Marvel Scale and a Battle Tree ribbon (what stood out).
2) A perfect, Modest Crobat on a Beast Ball. At least this one does not have a hidden ability... and it came with a Soothe Bell so I'm taking it :P
I got three, I think, shinies today as well. Two looked pretty likely to be legitimate, but it's never really possible to tell. Generally I release anything that's blatantly hacked and re-trade the others, since the source leaves a cloud over it for me, personally, and I won't use it, but someone else will probably be happy with it.

If you got it in SM, it is absolutely not legitimate.
SOS Chaining made it possible to get up to 4 perfect IV on caught Pokémon, so with little patience, there can be 6IV ones, it isn't outside the possibilities. Some people have apparently done that.

That people start sending them around though... it is after all wondertrade, so I get the point to be careful.

Anyway, I did some wondertrade this holiday. I thought little children love Eevee so I sent some I have bred to try brightening some children's day in Xmas (regretfully couldn't attach something like rare candy for them children....)

... and somehow I got a shiny Rowlet landing on me in the middle. Looks like karma may be sometimes kind. Other catches include a Kartana.

I just hatch a shiny mimikyu and then got one and wondertrade later. A lot from Auslove. But I always wonder trade them back in. Lol. Oh well.

I conclude that around noon UTC is a bad time to do trades. Scraps like Spearow running amok.

While around midnight UTC (morning in my time) I got things like shiny Luvdisc and other actually good breed rejects in good balls or uncommon things instead of things like Trump.

I conclude that around noon UTC is a bad time to do trades. Scraps like Spearow running amok.

While around midnight UTC (morning in my time) I got things like shiny Luvdisc and other actually good breed rejects in good balls or uncommon things instead of things like Trump.
This is completely true.

Americans are the worst. Japanese players send out like 4 iv egg move ha moon ball gible.

American players send like...0 iv level 1 bashful Pokeball rockruff

Americans are also the ones that seem most likely to send out shinies or legendaries though, but again during the morning in America - probably because all the losers like us are up doing it.

Americans are also the ones that seem most likely to send out shinies or legendaries though, but again during the morning in America - probably because all the losers like us are up doing it.
I got four shinies yesterday at night - an Abra (a terrible one, so let's forget about it), a Goodra, a Lilligant and a Type:Null.

Ironically, the one that can only be obtained once per savegame is the only one I cannot say it's hacked of the latter three.

Yeah I've been home from work and like 8am eastern to noon has definitely been the best.

Although after 9 it's been improving too

I trading breedjects and most things I got for them... then I got sent a timid Pheromosa as I was sending a Goldeen I got from someone else. Part of me wanted to try offering a trade with this person to give it back

I got a Yungoos.

Oh, and I also got a Gumshoos once.
It was:
- In a Beast Ball
- Nicknamed "MrPresident"
- Shiny
- Holding a Toxic Orb
- Wielding the moves Frustration, Pursuit, Echoed Voice, and Toxic
- Lv 70
- Adamant, I believe
- Generally hacked

I like shiny Gumshoos but this is NOT how I want my shinies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Something that has been on my mind the last few days that I'm considering doing is cloning and distributing some battle-ready Pokemon via WT. I figure it would be a cool way to make someone's day beyond the typical breedjects (and the crap that is route 1 Pokemon), especially with leveling in this game being more of a chore compared to Gen VI.

So I have a few questions.

1. What would be the most ideal time to distribute on WT, where the majority of players would likely be semi-competitive players that would appreciate the mons, moreso than a casual 5 year old kid who's just started playing?

2. What are some Pokemon that would be cool to distribute in this manner? My first order of business, with the update to Bank, would probably be my RNG'd Soft-Boiled Clefable from FRLG (since it can't learn it in RBY, and would have its HA anyway), and the Tapus. But beyond that, I don't really know what Pokemon people would like that they likely wouldn't already have breed?

Firstly, I got a Japanese Adament Gible with egg moves (In beast ball) and Draco meteor. She is now a garchomp and a valuable member of my team.

Garchomp@Quick Claw
- Draco meteor
- Sandstorm
- Dragon claw
- Iron tail

(I made it forget outrage for some reason) :/

(Sadly It has sand veil, was hoping for rough skin)

I also got a lvl 56 quiet global holding a soothe bell. Quickly evolved him into a crobat who acts as my team leader.

Crobat@Black sludge

- Cross Poison
- Venoshock
- Air slash
- Dark pulse

UPDATE: Last night I got a (Probably hacked) Level 100 Shiny timid greninja with perfect IV's and Protean... And Pokerus... And Holding a master ball... And EV trained...

(I'll take some pictures later for you guys :D)

I also got a Level 100 non-shiny bold xerneus with Close combat, Moonblast, Horn leech, and Moonlight? (Not sure about the last one, haven't used it in battle yet...)

Last edited:
I kind of find hacked Wonder Traded Pokemon quite funny.

Yesterday, I got a perfect Level 100 Power Construct Zygarde (the same set that got it relevant, and eventually banned from OU, Specially Defensive SubCoil) with Pokerus and a Level 100 Power Herb fully-EVd Xerneas with HP Ground (31/31/31/30/30/31).

And yet, the one that looks more likely to be hacked (not saying that the others don't) is a perfect Zigzagoon (that had a Lucky Egg and was seemingly hatched in Alola the same day Pokebank was out, which while not impossible, looks really fishy).

Got a few national dex Pokemon today, namely a Noibat and a Zigzagoon, but the most interesting things were a Moon Ball Alolan Vulpix and a level 1 Oranguru with Pokerus. I already managed to contract Pokerus in my game a little while ago, but it's nonetheless appreciated. (not to mention that I can't catch Oranguru in Sun so this nets me a Pokemon I wouldn't be able to get on my own)

I got a legitimate shiny Crabrawler on wonder trade the other day, that was nice.

My friend got an in-game Level 100 Fletchling, that was interesting.

My best wonder trades were in Omega Ruby. The amount of shiny legendaries traded were ridiculous!! The most notable example I have are 2 shiny Mewtwos that are exactly the same as each other. Most of my Pokemon Sun wonder trades look like breedjects. French Lvl 1 Skarmory and Mareanie and Japanese Lvl 1 Rowlet are some examples.

Yesterday I got a... rather strande Wonder Trade - a japanese Skill Link Minccino.

The weird part is that it lacks any marks, (obviously) comes from Unova, it's at Level 24, has no EV training and has all four moves a Gen V Level 24 Minccino would have.

Everything points at it being a fresh Minccino caught from the Hidden Grotto Bianca forces you to check.

I'm surprised that such a Pokemon got sent two generations forward only to be Wonder Traded. That is, unless the owner started playing BW2 recently :P

(UPDATING FIVE DAYS LATER: I got a perfect Modest shiny pentagon Treecko. It's at Level 95 but without EV training, and has Dragon Breath as an Egg Move. Sure, the lack of EVs at that level for a Hoenn-generated Pokemon shows it's hacked, but the OT is legit. No, literally. The OT's name is Legit.)

Last edited:
I got my first Wonder Trade shiny: a Physically oriented Charizard. The Lucky Egg will come in handy.

The past 2 days I am keep getting unobtainable shinies such as Cherries Ball Shiny Mew and Shiny Tapu Koko...
I mean, Shiny Tapu-Koko is legal I just don't think it can wondertraded lol.

Anyways, I'll be wonder trading ( at around 4pm GMT -3 ) 30 copies of a Timid Shiny Eevee in a Premier Ball that I've RNG'd a while ago. Not really sure what I'll nickname it yet, but if by chance someone here gets one it was probably me. :)

I mean, Shiny Tapu-Koko is legal I just don't think it can wondertraded lol.

Anyways, I'll be wonder trading ( at around 4pm GMT -3 ) 30 copies of a Timid Shiny Eevee in a Premier Ball that I've RNG'd a while ago. Not really sure what I'll nickname it yet, but if by chance someone here gets one it was probably me. :)
You can Wonder Trade, but you can't put it on the GTS.

You can Wonder Trade, but you can't put it on the GTS.
Oh, so a Celebrate Magikarp I got some time ago maybe was not hacked after all.

Not that I care anyways, it's pure garbage. Not even the Nature is right.

Talking about supposedly obviously hacked Pokemon, some time ago I got a perfect Jolly Level 100 Charizard presumably caught in Kalos. Sounds like an obvious hack, right?

Most likely, but then I noticed something odd:

Charizard (M)
Ability: Blaze
OT: Alain
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Blast Burn
- Thunder Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
Now I want it to tag alongside my Ash-Greninja in the battle tree but I don't know how. Especially since it lacks any Egg Moves. Perhaps Swords Dance?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)