Monotype winter team, aka ice mono type team

Winter is coming and I like that season, so I thought why not making a mono-ice team.

I know a mono-ice team will be hard to use. Ice is weak to common types; fire, fighting, rock, steel, and it is also weak to stealth rock. I'll be mostly using that team just for the fun in wifi battles or with friends, but I still want to make it as good as possible.

I tested these pokémon in showdown and they were doing alright, and I'm looking for your help to improve that team. I used a few pokémon that I rotated to check which one would give me good results. So, I'll start with those I think are a must-have, then I'll continue with those that I'm not sure of using.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light clay
Ability: Snow warning
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed
Timid nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Aurora veil
-Freeze dry
-Moonblast
-Encore

Pretty standard alolan Ninetales. Snow warning to setup hail support for my other Pokemon (100% accuracy blizzard, slush rush, ice body) and some chip damage. Aurora veil for support. Freeze dry to deal with drizzle setters and super-effective damage vs water types. The rest of my team doesn't heavily rely on hail, but controlling the weather is a nice thing. Nature and EVs to be as fast as possible and to give it a little bit more of HP.

Sandslash-Alola @ Life orb/Choice band
Ability: Slush rush
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Jolly nature
-Icicle crash
-Iron head
-Earthquake
-Rock slide, Sword dance, Brick break

My team is already weak to fire, but I choosed Sandslash-Alola over Beartic for a slush rush user despite its 4x weakness to fire for its greater speed. My team is mostly slow, so I prefered the extra speed Sandslash can provide. Icicle crash and Iron head for STAB (plus, they both have a flinch chance, which is good with Sandslash' improved speed in hail). Earthquake for coverage against some of the ice types' weaknesses (rock, fire, steel). Rock slide is for these flying-fire types. Sword dance wasn't very usefull because I needed to switch that pokémon quite often. What are your opinions on that last move? Then for the items, I tested it with a life orb, but now that I think about it, a choice band might be a good idea for that pokemon is more used in a hit-and-run fashion. Nature and EVs to be fast and to hit hard.

Then, here are those I think can be very usefull to a mono ice team. They were handy when I needed them. I'm still looking for advices to improve them.

Glaceon @ Choice specs
Ability: Ice body
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef (Def is also to consider)
Modest nature
-Blizzard
-Frost Breath
-Hidden power fire/fightning
-Shadow ball

With its 65 base speed, I'm not using it to outspeed other pokemon. So I thought of investing Evs in HP to make use of its good defense and special defense, and the recovery provided by ice body in hail. Blizzard becomes 100% accurate in hail. Frost breath is used for bypassing calm mind special defense boost with the crit. Hidden power fire is good vs Scizor and Ferrothorn. Hidden power fighting is better overall. Shadow ball is coverage. Max SpAtk EV, specs and nature are to go along its high base SpAtk and hit hard.

Avalugg @ Rocky helmet
Ability: Ice body
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Impish nature
-Rapid spin
-Recover
-Avalanche
-Roar??? toxic?

That one is a physical sponge. Its nature and EVs make it very bulky on the physical side. The combination of Ice body, rocky helmet and recover can reduce the effectiveness of physical attackers, even from fire physical moves (to some extent) under aurora veil. Rapid spin is a must to remove stealth rocks. Avalance is a STAB move that doubles in power if Avalugg moved last. With its bad speed, this is almost guaranteed (speaking of this, I might even consider a relaxed nature (+def, -speed) with 0 IV in speed to make sure it gets double power as often as possible). I'm not sure for the last move. Roar is good for setup sweepers. Toxic might be more usefull more often. Its main purpose is giving me a rapid spin option.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick fat
EVs: 252 HP, 172 Def, 84 SpDef
Calm nature
-Surf
-Toxic
-Rest
-Frost breath??? Icy wind, Super fang, Stockpile

I needed something to deal with fire moves, so I got Walrein with a thick fat ability. Its EV spread and nature make him as bulky as possible to sponge fire moves, both on the physical AND special side. Even without investment in special attack, a STAB super-effective surf would deal a lot of damage to fire types with its 95 base special attack. For its last move, its uninvested special attack won't make frost breath hit hard. If I want a strong ice move, I have better options with my other pokemon. So, I thought of using icy wind to force a switch on pokemon sweepers relying on speed. Super fang is a good option to remove half of the opponent HP (kinda bypassing Walrein's uninvested physical/special attacks). Stockpile would make it a wall in combo with leftovers, aurora veil and rest, using hail and toxic to do damage.

Then, here are some pokemon I used, but for some reasons, didn't got as usefull as the other ones I already listed. I'm still putting them here. Some of you guys might find a way to make them shine.

Aurorus @ Icy rock
Ability: Snow warning
Nature and EVs: I don't know what to use
-Stealth rock
-Thunder wave
-Icy wind
-Haze

I first used that one in order to setup stealth rocks. I combined its ability with an icy rock to have hail going for a longer time. The idea was to lead with Ninetales and setup aurora veil and when hail would end, send Aurorus to get hail for 8 turns. Then I realized hail wasn't that much mandatory for the most of my team, so I stopped using Aurorus.

Mamoswine @ Focus sash
Ability: Thick fat
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def 252 Speed
Jolly nature
-Earthquake
-Icicle crash
-Ice shard
-Stealth rock??

Nature and EVs are to hit hard and as fast as possible. Icicle crash for STAB. Earthquake for STAB and coverage against fire, steel and rock types. Ice shard for priority. After Aurorus, I used Mamoswine to get access to stealth rock. The thing is, stealth rock covers only one weakness to ice type, which is fire. SR is effective against bug types, but they are not that much of a threat to my team. It's also effective against other ice types, but I already have Walrein to wall them (1/8 with thick fat) and Sandslash with iron head. Then, SR is not very effective against the other threats to ice types, fighting and steel types. Finally, it's good against flying types, but ice moves are already super-effective. So, I'm really wondering the usefulness of stealth rock on that team.

Finally, here are 2 pokemon I didn't try, but that I think could be usefull to a mono-ice team. What do you guys thing of them?

Froslass @ Focus sash? Lax incense? Something else?
Ability: Snow cloak? Cursed body?

Blizzard, Frost breath, Destiny bond, Will-o-whisp, Hex, Shadow ball, Switcheroo, Double team

I guess a combination of cursed body, focus sash and switcheroo could be good. You survive a physical attack thanks to its focus sash, then you have a chance to disable it with cursed body. After, you use switcheroo to remove the item of the opponents (can be used later in game). Destiny bond could be used as a sacrifice. For I'll be playing on wifi, I could use a troll set with snow cloak, lax incense and double team. However, Froslass is frail, so it will die on the first hit. That would be a funny troll-ish set, but I don't think it would be good. Also, Froslass, would provide me a fighting immunity.

Weavile @ Choice band? Focus sash? Life orb?
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed

Fake out, Icicle crash, Knock off, Ice shard, Pursuit, Brick break, Poison jab

I'm lacking a strong and fast sweeper. So far, I only have Sandslash. Weavile could fulfill that purpose I think.

Jynx @ Choice scarf?
Dry skin (for water immunity)?
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 SpDef
Nature?
Blizzard, Frost breath, Psychic, Psyshock, Lovely Kiss, Energy ball, Hidden power fire, Shadow ball

With a choice scarf, that would give me a fast and strong special-attacker.

Last edited:
Hey, happy thanksgiving!

Before anyone can actually say anything about this team, you need to update the format. If you go to the import screen in Pokémon Showdown, it should give you a very different format to copy and paste instead of yours. I will review when this is fixed. This also isn’t really a rate my team, that would happen when you have
a fleshed out team with a couple changes to make, and need feedback. I highly suggest joining the Monotype room on PS, they can help you. Also, using the command “/analysis Froslass” (Change froslass to the Pokémon’s name), allows you to see a thought out set that is very viable. Focus Sash Froslass is best.

An example set is-

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Froslass is a very good spikes setter. You can easily set up at least 1 layer of spikes, and then proceed to shut down set up sweepers by using taunt/destiny bond on unprepared opponents. The EVs are self explanatory, and this pokemon will be used as a spikes lead.

When you do revise this, I would be happy to rate.

Add an importable (All 6 Pokemon) using hide=Importable and /hide using the boxy brackets, as well as some replays showing the team in action. (Both are optional)

Also, the plural of Pokémon is Pokémon. Just thought that would be useful...

Last edited:
Hey. This Ice team seems like it could use some improvements, and I do agree with Magikingdra that the formatting should be revised. Here are some improvements that can benefit the team.

You absolutely need Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black is the single most important Pokemon on any Ice team, being the best wallbreaker the type has. It can be ran over Glaceon, since Glaceon is honestly really bad and Kyurem Black is infinitely better. For the Kyurem-Black set, the best one currently is the Life Orb set, as seen here:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Hidden Power [Fire]

If you're wondering, the Speed is just enough to put it above Jolly Krookodile.

Run max Special Attack on Alolan Ninetales: Its Special Attack is already garbage, but not investing any at all makes it incapable of scoring some solid KOs:

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 232-280 (68 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 304-364 (89.1 - 106.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 168-198 (40 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 218-258 (51.9 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 292-348 (81.5 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 384-456 (107.2 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Give Avalugg Sturdy over Ice Body: Sturdy is infinitely more important than Ice Body whenever there's a huge threat(Mew, Volcarona, Mega Gallade) that you need to survive a boosted hit from so that you can Roar them out. If you want some passive recovery on it, there's always the possibility of Leftovers over Rocky Helmet, even though I personally prefer Rocky Helmet, but regardless Ice Body wouldn't be nearly as helpful.

Change Walrein's set: Bulky Walrein was only really good in Generation 5, where hail was infinite and it could stall incredibly well with Ice Body. However, its current best set on Ice is now Choice Specs as a means of checking Mega Scizor as well as other Steel types like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Here's the set:

Walrein @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The 44 Speed lets it outspeed uninvested base 70's like Skarmory. You could try to speed creep Mega Scizor, but offensive variants run so much Speed that you'd be compromising a lot of essential bulk. There's also the possibility of replacing Walrein with Lapras, who can improve a few more matchups such as Water, Flying, and Fairy thanks to its access to Freeze-Dry. If you do consider Lapras, here's the set for it:

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe or 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The 176 Speed is important for outspeeding Belly Drum Azumarill, but if you'd rather rely solely on Kyurem-Black to beat that, you can run the second spread to outspeed uninvested base 70's like the aforementioned Skarmory as well as Mantine, which can also grant it more bulk, but that choice is yours.

Here are 2 different suggestions for Mamoswine: Replace Icicle Crash with Endeavor, and replace Thick Fat with Oblivious. Starting with the first suggestion, Endeavor can let Mamoswine act as an emergency blanket check with its Focus Sash and Endeavor+Ice Shard. As for the second suggestion, a Fire neutrality is nice, but Mamoswine will still fail to survive a hit from most Fire type wallbreakers without its Focus Sash. So it's better to run Oblivious as a means of getting up Stealth Rock past Taunt users like Deoxys-Speed and Krookodile. Here's what the set would look like:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

This would overall make Aurorus pretty useless, since you already have a good hail setter in Alolan Ninetales as well as a hazard lead in Mamoswine. Here's the team after the suggested changes, I hope they helped!

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Encore

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance(this is definitely the best option for the final move)

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Hidden Power Fire

Walrein @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

or

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Roar / Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

And since you asked, here are some of my thoughts on the extra 3 mons you mentioned:

Froslass: imo it only really fits on hyper-offensive builds as a hazard lead. When you aren't running Avalugg, having Froslass as a Fighting immunity can be nice against stuff like Terrakion and Breloom, but those are uncommon threats regardless. If you do ever consider it on another Ice team, however, here's its best set:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Weavile: definitely a solid option for Ice, especially on HO builds, which imo is where it excels the most. It just has so much going for it with its great Speed tier, Knock Off, priority, and Pursuit trapping that it's definitely a great choice to have. Again, if you do consider it for another Ice team, here's its best set:

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit / Low Kick

Jynx: You're better off just not using it. Lapras already offers the same Water immunity while doing better in more matchups. Ice honestly doesn't need a Scarfer nearly as much, since Alolan Sandslash is typically enough speed control as is. Scarf Kyurem-Black, despite being kinda mediocre, has the same Speed tier as Jynx while being able to check stuff like Mega Charizard Y, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gallade much better. It's just a really bad Pokemon that's not worth using.

Again, really hope this helps :)

Hey, happy thanksgiving!

Before anyone can actually say anything about this team, you need to update the format. If you go to the import screen in Pokémon Showdown, it should give you a very different format to copy and paste instead of yours. I will review when this is fixed. This also isn’t really a rate my team, that would happen when you have
a fleshed out team with a couple changes to make, and need feedback. I highly suggest joining the Monotype room on PS, they can help you. Also, using the command “/analysis Froslass” (Change froslass to the Pokémon’s name), allows you to see a thought out set that is very viable. Focus Sash Froslass is best.

An example set is-

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Froslass is a very good spikes setter. You can easily set up at least 1 layer of spikes, and then proceed to shut down set up sweepers by using taunt/destiny bond on unprepared opponents. The EVs are self explanatory, and this pokemon will be used as a spikes lead.

When you do revise this, I would be happy to rate.

Add an importable (All 6 Pokemon) using hide=Importable and /hide using the boxy brackets, as well as some replays showing the team in action. (Both are optional)

Also, the plural of Pokémon is Pokémon. Just thought that would be useful...
Hey! It might be late, but I hope you had a nice thanksgiving! Well, I've been busy with exams and other school stuff, so I only had time to edit the sets. I always found it weird to show the held item by using "@" and I thought the way I wrote the sets was good enough, but I guess it has something to do with copy-paste stuff. Anyway, it's all done now.

For the spike set Froslass, I think Smub is right. Spikes are more suitable on very offensive teams, which mine isn't. Also, I'm mostly playing in the Battle spot. So, hazard aren't as good in 3v3 and 4v4 doubles as in 6v6, I think. This is also why I'm not sure of keeping a stealth rock user.

And yeah, as you can see, I'm not very active here. I didn't know there was a place to discuss about mono teams. I thought this sub forum was also for almost-finished teams. Well, if I say I go with that team, could you still give me some advices? That would be appreciated :)

Hey. This Ice team seems like it could use some improvements, and I do agree with Magikingdra that the formatting should be revised. Here are some improvements that can benefit the team.

You absolutely need Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black is the single most important Pokemon on any Ice team, being the best wallbreaker the type has. It can be ran over Glaceon, since Glaceon is honestly really bad and Kyurem Black is infinitely better. For the Kyurem-Black set, the best one currently is the Life Orb set, as seen here:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Hidden Power [Fire]

If you're wondering, the Speed is just enough to put it above Jolly Krookodile.
Yeah, I thought of using a Kyurem variant, but the thing is that I don't have access to a Kyurem and that I'm not a fan of legendaries in general. That's why I thought of using Glaceon. That one was supposed to be my strong special attacker.

Run max Special Attack on Alolan Ninetales: Its Special Attack is already garbage, but not investing any at all makes it incapable of scoring some solid KOs:

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 232-280 (68 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 304-364 (89.1 - 106.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 168-198 (40 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 218-258 (51.9 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 292-348 (81.5 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 384-456 (107.2 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That is very convincing. I'll definitely give it special EVs then.

Give Avalugg Sturdy over Ice Body: Sturdy is infinitely more important than Ice Body whenever there's a huge threat(Mew, Volcarona, Mega Gallade) that you need to survive a boosted hit from so that you can Roar them out. If you want some passive recovery on it, there's always the possibility of Leftovers over Rocky Helmet, even though I personally prefer Rocky Helmet, but regardless Ice Body wouldn't be nearly as helpful.
I see. Sturdy could indeed be usefull when needed.

Change Walrein's set: Bulky Walrein was only really good in Generation 5, where hail was infinite and it could stall incredibly well with Ice Body. However, its current best set on Ice is now Choice Specs as a means of checking Mega Scizor as well as other Steel types like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Here's the set:

Walrein @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The 44 Speed lets it outspeed uninvested base 70's like Skarmory. You could try to speed creep Mega Scizor, but offensive variants run so much Speed that you'd be compromising a lot of essential bulk. There's also the possibility of replacing Walrein with Lapras, who can improve a few more matchups such as Water, Flying, and Fairy thanks to its access to Freeze-Dry. If you do consider Lapras, here's the set for it:

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The 176 Speed is important for outspeeding Belly Drum Azumarill, but if you'd rather rely solely on Kyurem-Black to beat that, you can run the second spread to outspeed uninvested base 70's like the aforementioned Skarmory as well as Mantine, which can also grant it more bulk, but that choice is yours.
The main reason I chose Walrein wasn't to stall. It was more to sponge fire attacks, which is why I thought about a defensive set. I'll have to check that Lapras.

Here are 2 different suggestions for Mamoswine: Replace Icicle Crash with Endeavor, and replace Thick Fat with Oblivious. Starting with the first suggestion, Endeavor can let Mamoswine act as an emergency blanket check with its Focus Sash and Endeavor+Ice Shard. As for the second suggestion, a Fire neutrality is nice, but Mamoswine will still fail to survive a hit from most Fire type wallbreakers without its Focus Sash. So it's better to run Oblivious as a means of getting up Stealth Rock past Taunt users like Deoxys-Speed and Krookodile. Here's what the set would look like:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

This would overall make Aurorus pretty useless, since you already have a good hail setter in Alolan Ninetales as well as a hazard lead in Mamoswine.
Like I said earlier, I'm even considering of not keeping Mamoswine because I'm mostly playing in the Battle Spot/VGC, and stealth rock isn't as usefull there, I think. I'm considering replacing it with Weavile. Well, if I play in 6v6, I'll use Mamoswine for sure, I like the idea of that Endeavor set. However, in 3v3 or 4v4 doubles, I'm confused now.

Here's the team after the suggested changes, I hope they helped!

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Encore

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance(this is definitely the best option for the final move)

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Hidden Power Fire

Walrein @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

or

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Roar / Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

And since you asked, here are some of my thoughts on the extra 3 mons you mentioned:

Froslass: imo it only really fits on hyper-offensive builds as a hazard lead. When you aren't running Avalugg, having Froslass as a Fighting immunity can be nice against stuff like Terrakion and Breloom, but those are uncommon threats regardless. If you do ever consider it on another Ice team, however, here's its best set:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Weavile: definitely a solid option for Ice, especially on HO builds, which imo is where it excels the most. It just has so much going for it with its great Speed tier, Knock Off, priority, and Pursuit trapping that it's definitely a great choice to have. Again, if you do consider it for another Ice team, here's its best set:

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit / Low Kick

Jynx: You're better off just not using it. Lapras already offers the same Water immunity while doing better in more matchups. Ice honestly doesn't need a Scarfer nearly as much, since Alolan Sandslash is typically enough speed control as is. Scarf Kyurem-Black, despite being kinda mediocre, has the same Speed tier as Jynx while being able to check stuff like Mega Charizard Y, Mega Diancie, and Mega Gallade much better. It's just a really bad Pokemon that's not worth using.

Again, really hope this helps :)
I feel the same about Froslass.

Like I said, that Weavile is very tempting to use.

And lol, alright, no Jynx.

Yeah, these suggestions are very helpfull! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)