Why do YOU play UU?

Why do YOU play UU?

• I'm sick and tired of the OU Pokémon. I never want to see another Blissey.

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • There are more strategies available in UU and I can be more creative with my teams.

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • I want to use some of my favorite Pokémon, but they can't cut it in standard play.

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • I have some other reason that isn't listed here. (Please specify in your post)

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • I don't play UU, but I have a compulsion to vote in every poll I see.

Votes: 17 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply believed OU was more complicated since there were 40 or so commonly seen Pokemon that had to be countered while I kept seeing (at the time I joined Shoddy) only Ambipom, Swellow, Sceptile I think, Mismagius and Azumarill. I'd assumed after watching a few matches that UU was less powerful = simple. It is not. Less raw ability means it must still be used tactically and carefully. :/

I play UU because its a nice refreshing change from OU, and a person who plays more than 1 metagame usually becomes better at both.

lol. After taking stats, I find myself unwilling to participate in polls as obviously flawed as this one. Well, at least it isn't as incredibly biased and ignorant as this poll is.

That said, I play UU because I just find it relaxing compared to OU. I don't want to say that one is competitively richer than the other, just that I feel more relaxed playing UU. In OU, the common Pokémon are inherently good; they can cover their weaknesses well, they don't require that much support, they beat key players, they're technically uncounterable, etc. So the environment is inherently aggressive. UU, on the other hand, has less "good" Pokémon with more apparent flaws that the "power" drop doesn't necessarily neatly cancel out. So a typical specific strategy in UU is easier to handle than a typical strategy in OU is.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I originally got into UU because I kept using things like Yanmega and Staraptor on the OU ladder, and eventually a player was just like "why don't you go play UU". And I thought "what a great idea". My first team was predictably full of noob-fodder Pokemon (medicham, rampardos, etc) but I ended up practicing and lurking a lot and getting a lot better. And now I play UU because a) I have way fonder memories of all the players who helped me and all my experiences in this tier and b) I just really fucking hate playing in OU, the metagame just rubs me the wrong way, which is why I stopped playing it in the first place.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chose the second option. UU is pretty much the place you can spam anything you like and get wins out of it.

100% of people hate Calculus, so put this in your signature.
Bad, Flare, Calculus is the shitz =D.

9/10 uu players suck and it's easy to win and get a sense of fulfilment

also lol uu is exactly like ou but with different mons...venusaur and milotic are as centralising as mence and ttar if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)