Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keldeo @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Keldeo is a great partner for this team since it's a
weavile check
which this team would very much appreciate. It also serves as a nice method to absorb annoying status and break down things like Chansey. Finally, it has pretty exceptional synergy overall with Mega Houndoom and Amoonguss as it complete's a F / W / G core and D / F / P core.

e: yuruuu is cool

Also run healing wish > trick on Jirachi

Last edited:

Threw

cohiba
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Ok so there are a few primary problems with this team: one, Weavile, has already been mentioned and is pretty self-explanatory. Another I see is Zard Y (Latios is a shit switch-in, especially without Roost, and Mega Houndoom can revenge if it's already Mega'd and Zard has some chip damage, but Doomer can struggle to get a Mega off against offensive teams). Also, if Mega Bro gets one CM, for example after Jirachi kills something with Iron Head, it straight up wins. Finally, Gengar, while it certainly has checks, pretty much gets a kill every time it comes out then switches out for free.

So ScarfTar is my solution. Although it fails to outspeed Weavile, this mon doesn't do any ridiculous damage back unless it has Low Kick, which is much less popular than Pursuit right now. Obviously it checks Zard Y and Pursuit traps Gengar to keep it from running rampant all it wants. It isn't exactly the best Mega Bro check in the world, but it's something I guess. Put Toxic on Amoong or somethin idk :/ T-Tar also takes care of Defoggers, which is nice for Mega Houndoom, since it appreciates hazard damage to wear down its checks and counters, and Sand helps weaken them too. Speaking of which, Sand doesn't affect this team too much, since two are immune, one is a Regen mon, and another is relatively frail anyway, definitely gets OHKOed by a lot of stuff.

Whoops I wrote an essay n_n

Leave it to Team Pokepals to make a team that straight autoloses to wisp talon and heatran (what a loser oo). Manaphy is a mon that can check/counter both. It also helps with the pretty lackluster response to stall in houndoom.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Psychic

Also pls dont tell me that this team loses to weavile. It has scard rachi and houndoom to check it. Manaphy can help with that.

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash is a good counter of Tornadus-Therian, Talonflame and Heatran.
The speed is to outspeed defensive landorus therian and Jolly Crawdaunt.
Volt Switch gives momentum and allows Houndoom-Mega to enter safely.
It also creates a Volt-Turn core with Rachi.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
damn bro cool down. The fire from the Volcarona you got hit with yesterday is too strong for young Team Pokepals to handle.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
In all seriousness how can you justify anything other than Rotom-W on this team? I know it goes by a voting process but it's just weak to tons of stuff only Rotom-W handles and M-Houndoom is so god awful it needs ways to get free turns in.

Also dude wtf is that Lando-T set lol. Team Pokepals next time you click the teambuilder please consult me. I will give you a discount for my professional services, which includes not using that disaster of a set on Lando-T.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I'm pretty sure that we all know that Rotom-W by HQuaze has won at this point, so I'm just gonna end voting here and post a new team in a few.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to HailFall for the team
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Baton Pass

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
I started building around double bunny as azu breaks down the vast majority of lop checks. I went for baton pass lop to keep up momentum and also put the opponent into awkward situations where they have to try and switch something in on azu which is difficult for most teams. I added lando-t next as its a good sr setter that also serves as something to soften up opposing teams early game. Then i went for bish in order to check psychics like zam that usually give offense problems, and also to have a lati switchin. Raikou was then added because the team was really weak to waters in general and relied on bisharp to break bulky waters lol. Also, Raikou helps deal with the team's electric weakness, which was a huge problem at this point.

But...What's his last?

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Icy Wind
- U-Turn

Hail's team loves Torn-T, another aggressive breaker really helps the team out. I wouldn't run it without Icy Wind or U-Turn here. U-Turn is pretty basic, provides a lot of free turns against switch ins and keeps tempo in the teams favor. Icy Wind is great since Lopunny isn't running Ice Punch, allows Torn to put down Chomp and Landorus-T which are pretty significant roadblocks for this team.

Last edited:

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Volcanion @ Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast

Double water!!
My fren Ana1ytic loves this set. It's FIRE.
Volcanion checks MZor wich it's a big threat to this team. It also checks keldeo's scalds that gets a free kill everytime he comes in (Azumarill ISN'T the counter becuz he gets burned and he can get lured from Hp electrk...). Volcanion hasn't got much counters.......and anyway Azumarill just kills them. I love the core AZUMARILL + VOLCANION....

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock

latios provides a hazard removal role, also helps the match up aganist mega venu+ water type teams(such as keldeo, Manaphy), and is a good answer to Rotom-w, which is very annoying to deal with, your team has only sd Lum Bish for it.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

The team lacks a resistance to fairy. Although the team plays quite offensively and has ways to pressure OU's main fairies, threats like Mega Diancie and Mega Altaria are still inherently threatening. Further, opposing Mega Lop appears to give the team a hard time. Every member except the team's own Mega Lop is slower, and everything is hit really hard by HJK and Return. Lando-T's lack of any bulk and fear of Ice Punch also contributes to the issue. Other problems the team faces include Grass-types like Serp and Mega Venu, the latter of which walls a good portion of the team while doing a good chunk of damage to every member. Jira helps with these issues decently by providing speed and useful resistances to the team. With U-turn to keep up the team's momentum and Healing Wish to give something like Bisharp another chance to sweep, Jira becomes a natural fit on offensive builds like this one. It's a nice catch all Pokemon to help tie up some loose ends the team has versus a few threats, even providing extra safety versus threats like Latios. Fire Punch can possibly be used over Heart Stamp if Mega Scizor is a big concern, but the coverage against Mega Venu, Mega Lop, and Keldeo is crucial here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)