Project What's His Last? Reinvigorated (Week 4: rozes Spike Stack)

Approved by Spirit |Original by Halcyon. and Subject 18 | OP Copied from Shadestep's NU version. In Need of New Banner.
A long time ago, back when DPP was the current gen, and there was no team preview, the above question was often asked. You had to be prepared for anything in that last slot and use your deductive team building skills to figure out just what your opponent was saving in the back. Still today, we can use these skills to better build our own teams. When building, there will be times when you have 5 perfect Pokemon. Mons that fit together so well that you just can't seem to pick a final Pokemon. Or sometimes you have a crippling weakness to a major threat and can't think of a mon that will cover it that fits the team. This project aims to let the community figure out what the best last Pokemon would be for a given team of 5.

Every round, I will post a team that is missing one Pokemon. You guys will then post suggestions for the final mon. Over the next few days, these nominations will be discussed amongst the users until voting begins. Once the vote starts, people will choose the last mon that they think fits the rest of the team best. At the end of the round, the Pokemon with the most votes will be the winner! The team will be archived, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team. Think of this as a lesson in team building!

RULES:
1. Standard RU forum rules apply. No flaming/antagonizing please. Also no one liners please.
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad/unviable are not welcome.
3. Don't be a jerk and flame the team / sets that people post.
4. Reservations are okay, as long as you post the set within 24 hours of posting the reservation.
5. No weird gimmicks. If you think a low-rated Pokémon should add on the team, please give an in-depth explanation, but non-viable mons such as Pikachu are not allowed.
6. No slashing in your suggestions. You can't have 5 moves in a battle, why here?
7. Only one suggestion per round. Please only pick 1 Pokémon.
8. No changing the other members of the team, INCLUDING SETS. Only I can change the team and movesets.
9. Voting for your own nomination is NOT ALLOWED.
10. Please PM me on Smogon or PS! if you want to send in teams. I can't promise that your team will be featured but it's worth a shot, right?
11. Happy Posting!

Current Team:

Last edited:
Round 1:

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpA / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpA / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 64 HP / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash

This first week's team is brought to us by Kushalos, and utilizes the famed defensive core of Alomomola + Registeel, along with Mixed defensive Venusaur to further support the team. Next is some offense presence in the form of Nasty Plot HP Steel Houndoom and CM Sigilyph. These two do an excellent job of breaking through each others checks and counters and eventually shredding through a team. But what's his last?

Feel free to begin posting! Posting will last until Sunday, October 30th, when the voting stage will begin.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Toxic

I've actually never used a hitmontop on any of my RU teams, but this is the generic set. I believe this mon has multiple advantages that can fit into this team as well as patch up a few disadvantages. The team looks as if it'll do pretty weak against choice banded users(most commonly fighting types), so I wanted to stick with Granbull, but then I noticed that this team can very well lose against a hazard setting lead such as Accelgor or Smeargle so I wanted to use Flygon. After about five minutes of thinking, this Pokemon immediately came to mind as it serves as an extra check to physical fighters as well as a good means of hazard control. You can try sucker punch over the toxic or even over foresight, but I felt that due to this being a fairly-well balanced team, there wouldn't be that much need for priority.

Problems remaining with the team:
  • One flagrant problem I'm noticing is scarf/life orb hoopa(yes gets dealt with by pursuit trap Houndoom), but really can tear a hole through this team if predicted right. It can also gain the advantage in terms of momentum, if given the chance.
  • Another Huge issue could be volt-turn spam

p2

Banned deucer.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Aerial Ace

Team has no ground or electric immunity, it lacks speed control so it struggles against faster threats like Drapion and Stone Edge Virizion, Venu is also Calm so it cant effectively check SE Virizion either. This does make Sneasel a big threat but Alomomola is broken so its basically a nonissue.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Scarf Lee is really ghetto but it fits well into the team since it lacks proper speed control and a good dark check (Mola is pretty good for some like Sneasel.) It also has Rapid Spin support for Houndoom. It appreciates the removal of Ghost- and Flying-types from Holbrook and Registeel and looks really well on the team.

Scarf Flygon also looks like a good choice to and my only real problem with it is how Sneasel could exploit it but that's fine since Mola can deal with it pretty well and occasionally Houndoom if it drops Low Kick for Swords Dance or Pursuit

Congrats to p2 on his submission of Scarf Flygon, which was actually the correct last pokemon on the team. This weeks team is brought to us by MrAldo, and represents a very solid and consistent play style in this meta, bulky offense. With a solid hazard setting and prevention core of Bronzong and Blastoise the team has a strong defensive backbone, pair this with impressive offensive threats that also have defensive capability such as Gurdurr, Specs Rotom-C, and SD Drapion, and you have a difficult team to matchup with...but what's his last? Posting will last until Tuesday, November 8th, when the voting stage will begin. (Unless of course, the correct last mon is posted again). Good luck!

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Leaf Storm

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Refresh
- Scald
- Toxic

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split / Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

While there's already a Poison-type in Drapion, both Drap and Weezing's typing and weaknesses are enough to set them apart functionally. The fact that Medicham can fire HJKs with impunity and Viriz being able to chunk off pretty much every mon in the team for some damage is something that I'm pretty irked about so I figured at least fitting a true fight resist will solve the issue. It's also nice for Venu so as not letting your rocker (zong) and Drapion to get too worked up on getting worn down by Knock/Leaf Storm. Flamethrower over Wisp in order to chunk Magneton on the switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJB

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
This team needs a revenge killer, a fight resist, and a volt immunity so uhh this is difficult lol. If you changed stoise to colbur King u could just run scarf gon and call it a day, but otherwise this team is all outpaced by viriz D:

Although he never posted a set, Scarf Scyther was the correct last mon for this team so congrats to PD for at least reserving the correct pokemon. This week's team is brought to us by Laurens, and is a great example of balance teams in the current metagame. SD Virizion + CB Escavalier is a potent offensive duo (with defensive capability to boot), with a strong further defensive backbone of Uxie + Mola + Flygon. Laurens also wanted me to note that the Flygon set is flexible, so this can be changed in a submission this week. Overall, the team is very consistent and effective...but what's his last? Posting period will begin now and end on Thursday, November 17th. Enjoy and please remember to post the actual pokemon and not just reserve the set!

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Originally thought it would be boar, but the team would lack a cleric and a flying resist, and i know laurens isn't that bad of a builder. Diancie gives the team a chance at beating scrafty, a brav check, a cleric, a fletch check, a solid malamar check, a sneasel check, and a decent drap check. Went for a defensive ev spread because it helped the team with all its weaknesses.

Last edited:

Snow White (Registeel) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Registeel would be an absolutely amazing fit for this team. Combining with Alomomola to form what is perhaps the best core in Smogon history, Registeel checks a variety of threats to this build. Thunderbolt is key here, as it helps Registeel deal with Sub + Bulk Up Braviary and Fletchinder, two major threats to this team. Adding another wall will make it extremely difficult for most Pokemon to break through this team, especially one that is as difficult to topple as Registeel. The addition of Registeel also inches this team closer to the ideal build of Drapion / Uxie / Alomomola / Registeel / Flygon / Altaria.

yeah -Tsunami- might as just post your own regimola bullcrap then zzz

Reserving Mega Camel

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Feel like the team could use a bit more in Fire checks. A build like this feels super weak to Delphox, so I figured at least Mega Camerupt could jump into fox's fire attacks and not have the team shredded that much. A secondary Magneton check is super nice too in order to not let Flygon get lured by Random Ice-type Move so your team doesn't get T-bolted on. Generally I feel like the sheer pressure that Bandcavalier + Megacamel can put on some builds is too good to pass on in this team. As for the set, everything is honestly bread and butter. Toxic on the last slot to wear down fat stuff, but something like sub or wisp could go there if you fancy. Speed is just general creep I like to run (think you outspeed paralyzed scarf medicham or something, it was pretty niche like that).

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Diancie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

covers Fletch + Braviary and gives Escavalier some room to smash shit under TR

Last edited:
Thanks for all the submissions this week, the correct last mon was Ryoma Nagare's submission of Mega Camerupt, so congrats! This week's team is built by none other than rozes and exemplifies how dangerous hazard stacking + strong wall breakers can be. Qwillfish and Mega Camerupt make for a reliable hazard setting core which supports strong wall breakers such as Hitmonlee and Magneton whom have no problem shredding through an opposing team when said hazards are set up...but what's his last? Posting period will begin now and end on Monday, November 28th. Good luck!

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Yawn
- Psyshock

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Water]

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Sir Isaac Mewton

I COULD BE BANNED!
Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Really suits the team. Wincon, ground immunity, regimola abuser, defog abuser and can also setup on every relevant rapid spinner with ease. Could run more spDef (216 or so) to setup on teams with tbolt regi, but since camerupt's there I don't think it's needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)