What UU pokemon are least common BUT have potential?

Drifblim @ Starf/Petaya/Salac Berry
Timid/Hasty [252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Special Defence] / Unburden/Aftermath
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Hypnosis/Shadow Ball/Explosion
- Baton Pass

Stupidity ahoy. No one expects Drifblim to baton pass anymore, especially when it takes on the appearance of the standard sweeping set at a glance. Hypnosis isn't necessary, but can help you get your sub up. The strategy is fairly simple, sub down to starf, hopefully get in a charge beam or two, and pass your boosts off. Come back in as a sacrifice to Aftermath or Explode on something lategame and help set up your sweep if the first attempt fails.

Options: Petaya vs Starf vs Salac is about gambling, really, and what you want to pass boosts to. If you want to set up a pass midgame, on a balanced team, as I'm wont to do with Drifblim, starf works nicely. Salac is probably the most optimal option, and in this case you should consider running Unburden. Unburden also works quite well with Explosion, which no one seems to remember it gets. Petaya Berry gives you another special attack boost to go with Charge Beam, and is probably best to give to something fast, possibly scarfed. Regardless of the berry, your strategy is mostly the same.

Your third move, however, is a big deal. Shadow Ball lets you play for the sweep, and rarely will opponents expect your fourth move to be BP instead of HP Fighting until they've fallen into your trap. Do your job, draw out your counter, and pass EARLY, don't get greedy with charge beams - you'll almost never get more than two. Explosion is a panic button: if you didn't get any charge beams, subbed down to unburden, and don't think passing a +1 boost to your sweeper is going to do better than blowing up, blow up. It's also fun if you're using Starf and get an attack boost - nobody really expects their Drifblim counter (often Registeel) to be blown to hell by +2 explosion. Hypnosis is the "safe" option, which can help you get more free turns. There's really not much more I can say about hypnosis - it's there, it's inaccurate, but when it works it gives you free turns.

IMO Calm Mind > Charge Beam. You get to pass Sp Def boosts also, along with the fact that pokes that use Sp atks can no longer rip apart your sub. Kinda like SubCM Missy except that instead of sweeping, it tries to pass them off.

I don't see why Magmortar is actually NU. I haven't actually used it (nor have I used any NU Pokémon), but I still don't see what exactly holds him back (apart from its Fire type). Also, my OU team recently got completely raped by a Lapras. :(

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
More Cowbell : if your team is raped by Lapras, you have to make changes to it, obviously, because Lapras is a sort of crappy Gyarados.

The main issue of Magmortar is its typing. Taking 25% from SR and not being immune to SpikeS / T-spikes is very bad. Apart of this, it hits pretty hard but you have not to mispredict as it can't roll over teams like a Heracross. I have to mitigate what I just said ; it hits hard, but it's overshadowed by Arcanine as a part of a FWG core.

i just posted a warstory on how much of a bother Shedinja can be if used right. With spin support, he's deadly. i used:

Shedinja***Gabriel @Focus sash
Adamant, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Wonder guard
-Bug bite
-Shadow claw
-Protect
-Will-o-wisp

Bug bite is neat, it might net you a berry or two, but Shadow claw is the main STAB. Protect can aid in burn stalling as well as scouting, and Will-o-wisp is because Sheddy will cause some switches, so you might as well try and burn the switch-in. just be wary of Flash fire users. Stealth rock support might be neat as well, considering the switched your opponent will be doing, but weather decimates li'l Sheddy :/
Sash lets him take 2 hits instead of one

Well, saying that Rain Dance is incredibly effective in the 4th Gen metagame, so Electrode is one of the best leads. If you opt for something else, Fake Out Ambipom is also a good lead

The fact that Social Security numbers are even on the Web is a human error; the information should never be published in the first place. But hackers are using Google in more sophisticated ways to automate wow gold attacks against Web sites, Shulman said.M2eclipse, meanwhile, enables Maven searches from the Eclipse environment. "What it does is it allows Eclipse developers to work very easily with Maven," de Visser said. The commercial version will be called m2eclipse Professional.The bundle also adds integration with Office Live Small Business to support the creation of basic Web sites, online document sharing via SharePoint and an introduction to Microsoft's online advertising platform.This Exploitability Index system will make it easier for customers to decide which wow gold patches to install first by giving Windows users a better idea of which bugs Microsoft finds most worrying. The index will separate the flaws that will simply cause a system crash from more serious bugs that could be used to give attackers control of a victim's machine.2. Apple announces its last year at Macworld, wow gold no Jobs keynote and Apple at Expo: What went wrong?: Apple is done with Macworld after the 2009 show in three weeks and Jobs won't be giving the keynote when the show opens Jan. 5. That announcement surprised -- even shocked -- many industry watchers and also renewed speculation about Jobs' health. Macworld, the Web site/magazine, took a long look at the news, including what it says about the state of trade shows generally and Apple specifically, in a number of articles and columns.
lolwut?
lolwut?
lolwut?
oh, it got deleted

Anyway, I totally say that Tauros is an under-rated UU mon. Though it has it's flaws, it's capable of ripping holes in teams and easily allowing for other mons to sweep.

I really love using Tangrowth on my teams. He doesn't do as great now with Heracross running around with his STAB Megahorn, but I still like him. I like Omastar as a lead (though I suppose he's quite common).

Also, a really over-looked UU Pokemon is Nidoking. Yes, it has its weaknesses, but in the right hands it can be a menace, especially with Sucker Punch~ :3

Torterra and Entei

(Neither should be used as a lead)

I think Torterra's pretty underrated myself. Haven't seen him online much but I use him and he works for me. Doesn't make the best Stealth Rocker because of its speed and non-lead-ness though.

Also, Entei. Currently in NU but it seems also works in UU, thanks to the new event moves such as Flare Blitz. I use Entei in my UU team and he has 1HKO'd several Pokemon and has even 45% damaged a Blastoise - with a Fire move. Extremespeed works well too. Many an annoying haxy/Focus Sash Pokemon has fallen to it. I know it can't really deal with Water types but it can deal with Ground (raw Flare Blitz power) and Rock (Iron Head), which is more than most Fire types can handle. And, in all respects apart from defence, it's better than the UU Arcanine. Sorry to go on about Entei but I just do.

Kingler's STAB move isn't very reliable and his job as an offensive water type in UU is pretty much outclassed by Feraligatr, who has less attack but has better stats and movepool

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unburden
EV's: 12 HP / 252 Def / 124 SpA / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)

- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Really underatted.. calm mind as much as you can then rest which activates unburden giving boosts to SpA, SpD and Speed allowing it to sweep, and hidden power fighting and shadow give perfect coverage, not resisted by anything.

also rock polish camerupt is pretty damn amazing. Immunity to WoW and TWave as well as access to fire blast earth power and explosion makes it a force to be reckoned with
Drifblim makes a great lead to be honest. I run the hindenburg lead drifblim, and have for a long time. really works a lot.

What, no Sableye? I'mma gonna have to fix that.

Keen Eye
@Life Orb
Adamant - 252 Atk, 160 SDf, 98 HP
Recover
Substitute
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch/Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak

Sableye Focus Punch vs. "Tank" Registeel (as per analysis)
Code:
        	1HKO	2HKO	3HKO
Normal:	        0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
Leftovers:	0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
Sandstorm:	0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
SR:	        0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
SR + Leftovers:	0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
Shit yeah, this here's a beast. Originally build for OU, where he could fire off Falcon Punches like it's his job, able to OHKO anything weak to fighting (except Registeel, who gets 2HKO'd and can't 3HKO back unless it has Iron Head), and can take a hit from anything short of a Heatran's Fire Blast (which doesn't matter, but still). Sucker Punch was mainly to OHKO Gengar before he could Shadow Ball, but it's still good if your prediction is on par. Shadow Claw provides the coverage if you suck at prediction (like me), and Shadow Sneak is an idea if you want the priority.

A pokemon that i find is really good is gastrodon.
I use stockpile gastrodon as after 3 stockpiles STAB grass moves usually fail to ohko.
With toxic and earthpower it can basically wear down every pokemon in the game eventually albeit a little slowly.

Pidgeot has been doing wonders for me in UU defensively.

Pidgeot @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/6 Att [Impish]

- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- FeatherDance
- Roost

Checks (non-steel) physical attackers with ease. Brave Bird and Roost go together quite well, not to mention the temporary neutrality to ice/thunder/rock moves.

Azumarill. No one uses it(I do). 1 icepunch can OHKO a life orb venasaur, take down swellow and 2HKO a rotom, and because of its ability it can do lots of damage to other pokemon.

Kecleon does a few wonders, even tried it in OU. I run

Careful nature
252hp 252spdef 4att
Body Slam
Fire Punch
Recover
Toxic

It's base 120 special def is superb and sometimes you can find yourself resisting all of a pokemon's attacks due to Colour Change.

Dont forget about Milotic. its an awesome pokemon, and also my favorite.
nice surf, icebeam, recover, toxic really kills the opposition. plus its great sp d and sp a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)