SM OU Weavile is bae (help improve)

Hi so this is my first RMT and its not a bad team so far, I just feel that maybe I can make this team that I enjoy go the next level. Anyways here is the team I built.

1200px-445Garchomp.png
Jaws (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

I used to play this setter a long time ago and love him, I use him to set up stealth rock, switch out a pokemon setting up or doing extra damage thanks to rocky helmet and rough skin, fire blast is just for skarmory or ferrothorn.

250px-598Ferrothorn.png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

This one is pretty self explanatory, I went with this moveset to set up spikes, take care of fairies and mega-alakazam with gyro ball and get rid of garchomp/gastrodon/quagsire as well as do stab damage.

647.png
Pony (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

keldeo is my switch in to dark and fire types and does a lot of damage while has decent speed. I use hydro pump to dish out massive damage and two hit celesteela. Scald is a safer kill and I use when I don't want to gamble.

250px-461Weavile.png
Gerbil (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

I have to say I seriously underestimated this pokemon, he does alot of damage on rotom-w and outspeeds alot of pokemon that arent scarfed. I put poison jab to deal alot of damage to clefairy and other fairy types.

4062-Landorus-Therian.png
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Traditional scarfed lando he does tons of damage with earthquake and explosion is very handy to deal surprise damage. So far he is the pokemon I am considering switching out the most so far.

8065-Mega-Alakazam.png
Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Pretty self explanatory set, I use mega alakazam to clean up and deal good damage with psychic.

Threats ive noticed so far

Mega-Charizard Y
I dont seem to have any good counters againts him, once he sets up sun I have a hard time killing him

Pretty much any pokemon with sticky web is a struggle as I dont have a defogger.

I also have a hard time dealing with gastrodon and other stally pokemon.

If possible Id like to keep the same team or a very similar one.

Thank you for your help.

This isn't a bad team at all. There are a few changes I'd suggest tho:
- never use an absolutely neutral nature on a pokemon. If you're dead set on running defensive tankchomp, run impish instead, it won't make fire blast miss any important 2hko/ohko benchmarks. However, I recommend running the Dragonium Z Garchomp stealth rock setter set instead, as your team doesn't seem to have a Z move user yet and it's probably one of the best offensive leads in the game. either way, it's your choice

- If you're not running Dragonium Z on chomp, run substitute over scald and calm mind over icy wind, and give it a Waterium Z instead. Calm Mind helps you set up against Sp.Atkers like Mega Zard Y and lets you pressure the opposing team, allowing you to set up and mitigate the whole deal with the sun because of the boosts.
- Run Defog on Landorus-T. I know it seems odd to run a utility move on a Choice locked mon, but trust me it works really well. It takes advantage of Lando's great speed with scarf, its natural bulk, and it's immunity to the majority of entry hazards, including Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes, and it's actually quite common.
These are just some tips, feel free to try them or stick with your own build. Good luck!

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey! Cool team you got there. However there are some changes I would like to make in conjunction with the changes lydo360 suggested. I definitely think u need a z-mover to nuke pokemon

- Waterium-Z Keldeo variation https://pokepast.es/10da1ecc4654f5ac

- Dragonium-Z Garchomp variation https://pokepast.es/3b68811c3f2e1989

A Global Change that I made

Alakazam-Mega : Dazzling Gleam > Recover | Timid Nature > Modest Nature.

Modest Zam is really good against things like Clefable, being able to do a good chunk of damage with Psychic and Recover is good for getting health on the switch. I also recommend Calm Mind if you don't want to use Recover.

Weavile : Poison Jab > Pursuit
Pusuit is very nice for Psychic types such as the Latis, non-scarf / locked into Shadow Ball Blacephalon and Mew. I don't think you need Poison Jab for Clefable as we already have Modest Zam and even Ferrothorn can 1v1 it if Clefable doesn't carry a fire move.

Landorus-Therian : Explosion > Defog
While Explosion is a good option to nuke pokemon, you do not have any hazard removal on your team. Scarf Defog gives you the option to remove all hazards on both fields but causes u to make the switch next turn because you're Choiced. I would also recommend using the
Bulky Scarf set that you can find on the Smogon Analysis for Landorus-T

Waterium-Z Keldeo version Changes!

The Keldeo set is obviously the first change on this team. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword for obvious stab, Calm Mind for boosting and then Taunt is actually pretty useful is beating mons such as Chansey.

Weavile: Life Orb > Choice Band
Since you do not have Specs Keldeo anymore, Choice Band Weavile can do a lot of damage without taking the 10% recoil from life orb

Dragonium-Z Garchomp version Changes!

The Garchomp set is pretty standard. SD Outrage Earthquake for obvious reasons and Poison Jab for the last move slot. If you want you can give Garchomp Stealth Rock instead of Poison Jab and give Ferrothorn Power Whip instead of Stealth Rock.

Ferrothorn: Power Whip > Stealth Rock
Since I added Poison Jab and removed Rocks on Garchomp due to coverage. Ferrothorn can easily give up Power Whip for Stealth Rock

Your team appears weak, defensively. I would suggest replacing either Gyro Ball or Power Whip with Thunder Wave, to catch Heatran, Charizard, Volcarona, and Kartana, just to name a few. Also, replacing Stone Edge with Rock Slide might help you not auto lose to Volcarona and Charizard since it doesn't look like you have anything to stop them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)