Weathers in NU: Good or Bad?

Which Weather are you more likely to use in NU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone ever considered Mawile as a weather setter? It can set up Rain, Sun, Sand, and gets amazing support in the form of SR, Baton Pass and the like.

...now I feel like trying out a Sand BP team with a core of Mawile, Mr Mime, and Stoutland.

Has anyone ever considered Mawile as a weather setter? It can set up Rain, Sun, Sand, and gets amazing support in the form of SR, Baton Pass and the like.
well, it's an interesting thing to bring up, but i don't see how it's the better choice compared to something like regirock.

first of all, mawile has baton pass, taunt, pain split, and a few other interesting and unique options going for it. relegating it to a weather setter just makes it an inferior version of regirock since it won't really have much room to fit moves that other stealth rock setters don't have. additionally, a defensive steel-type should be used as a check to other normal- and flying-types by nature. sadly, it can't even do that well because mawile's base hp is pretty low, and intimidate works against itself if it comes across braviary, which has defiant. because of mawile's mediocre stats, it needs to run a defensive spread if its main goal is to handle certain normal- and flying-type attacks, while something like regirock can have amazing bulk even when it's 252+ attack. if you're thinking about going offensive with a mawile with stealth rock and a weather-inducing move, then it won't be achieving too much offensively without swords dance or its coverage moves.

and as a little thing to note too: if you're going with a sand team, regirock and other rock-types actually benefit from the 50% special defense boost, making them an even better choice in many cases.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like rain in NU a lot. Even when I first started playing I found the rain team I was using to be much better than anything else I was using. But ya, with things like Ludi around, as well as the fact that it can abuse two other moves too (which can happen in other tiers as well, but for something like Articuno which can make use of Ice Beam too as well as Hurricane and imo ice can be one of the hardest things to take in the tier at times). Sun I don't think I've really tried much and while it can be really strong to face I just really had no interest to play it. I guess it's probably because I have a preference for using teams with Ludi I guess? But I wouldn't mind it if gen 6 introduced auto-weather in NU which was ~allowed~ and made Ludi become too powerful for just NU causing it to leave the tier.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol, auto weather in NU would be OP. Stoutland would actually have a chance here xD I'm looking foward to Gen. 6, however. It'll be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)