We are not fast, but we hit HARD! Revamped team

Hey there, Shad here again.
I've been working again on the team I posted earlier and decided to throw off half that team before we are able to get some things legally(like Intimidate Incineroar) and now I need help wiht the last mon for the team.
Let's get to it.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 60 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room

Standard P2, nothing new to add here. Quieto so he can deal more damage than sassy/quiet ones, moves for coverage and his job is setting TR whenver is possible. But as I want to make this team less dependent on TR, maybe that won't happen everytime. Let's get to the next mon.

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard

This guy is the P2 killer. And also, a support for the team. Fake out to let P2 set the TR 95% of the time, wide guard against Muddy water/EQ/etc that coudl pose a threat. I went guts+flame orb because I ahd the z-move spot already covered, and with this setup Close Combat OHKO every non Bold/Relaxed P2 up to 192 def investment and every P2 with 96 or less EV on def if it has a Def nature.
252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 192 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 192-228 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 96+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 192-228 (100.5 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But, this lead is hard countered by Lele, who can decimate Hariyama and prevent him from using Fake out. So, abotu this, I changed my previous secondary TR setter to another one who can set TR if needed, can outspeed and kill Lele, and is lovely.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick Room

Lovely little ghostie.
Providing TR if needed, enough Atk to OHKO Lele and Marowak with Z-Move and max speed to be able to outspeed every Lele. This isnt good for a TR team, but he is the last resort setter, also he works as part of the fast mode of the team, as it really needs one to not be so reliant on TR.
He is able to 2HKO Garchomp, Salamence and Krookodile with Play Rough, if not intimidated, and Shadow Sneak is there for those last hits that nobody else can deal with.

Now, as a form of weather control and as TR is the main focus of the team, I got Torkoal for this spot as a TR sweeper with the same set I used before:

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Eruptiona s the main source of spread damage, Heat wave if he is damaged and Flamethrower to bypass Wide Guard. Protect as the staple(a staple that I just now noticed im not using at all in the first 3 mons btw). Maximum damage, minimum speed, killer of everything. NEXT.

Mudsdale @ Life Orb
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- High Horsepower
- Rock Slide
- Heavy Slam

Physical sweeper under TR, destroyer of Kokos, and it is amazing. Life orb to have a really good chance of getting the KO on Arcanine and Gigalith, spread to maximize his bulk and damage, moves with coverage options.

At this point I notice a couple things: I'm weak against some emta picks and some TR counters, like Araquanid or Tapu Fini, also if Mudsdale dies, nobody can kill Muk. Also, at this point I have enough slow mons to sweep under TR, so I need something in the middle-to-high speed tier to cover up for those big and obvious weaknesses.
The thing is, that is what I need help with :D I don't know which mon to fit in that last slot. Tapu Bulu? Muk would destroy him. Kartana? Seems like the most helpful one with its typing and stats, but I'm not entirely sure, so some help would be appreciated.

Added Ray Rizzo's AV Kartana, as I always wanted to try it out by myself after seeing it.

Kartana @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 116 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 132 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

See you later!

Last edited:
Kartana does seem like a good pick if you want to have more of a fast mode, and I'd also try out Nihilego. It does major damage to Tapu Fini and Araquanid, and it gives you another way to hit Fire-types like Arcanine and Marowak outside of Mudsdale. If you do try Nihilego I'd probably give it the Life Orb and give Mudsdale something else. I like Rockium to OHKO Araquanid under Trick Room, but Assault Vest and Groundium would also be solid. I figure running another Z-crystal doesn't create too much conflict for this team since Mimikyu's Z-move is only needed in a few matchups.

At the end, I added Ray Rizzo's AV Kartana to the team and started testing the team.
I faced one that was just the dream matchup I had thought for Mimikyu, and it proved his value 100%, here is the replay.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-528683162

Mimikyu outspeeding lele and killing it first with Shadow Claw, then Z-Move onto Marowak to get the OHKO. One unfortunate miss from Torkoal's heat wave dragged the fight a bit longer, but it was fun to see Mimikyu realizing that dream lol.
I'll update the first post with Kartana, still wanting to know some little thing I might have overseen that need improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)