WARSTORY: jira vs. Baris // Clash of Germany's Elite

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I too would have appreciated a more "too-the-point" format and commentary. We can all see their skill level from the actual battle. Though I personally think that if Baris had included a mix-attacker or two he would have absolutely raped, and that the defensive side too easily allowed Gyarados to dish out heavy amounts of damage. LO Gyara is awesome though, and one of my favorite pokemon.

If Lucario had been a Mix-Luke, Mix-Mence, or Tyranitar with Ice Beam, this match would have been over pretty quick.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah I kind of agree that there was alot of sucking up here. However, both Baris and Jira are both top quality battlers. This plus the formatting of the story made it extremely easy and enjoyable to read. Well done to both battlers.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, looking through the defensive team again, I just realized that aside from Blissey, Special-tar (with Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Substitute) defeats the entire team, and even Special Blissey cant's touch it's superior speed and 101 subs, meaning Tar would get an amazing switch in every time Blissey tries to wall it (can dark pulse until if forces softboiled and switch in on that).

And yes, people do run that set occasionally.

To me it really was shocking that the stall team won. Through the majority of the battle it was getting pounded.

Good Warstory, you definitely put some work into the formatting and presentation and it shows and is enjoyable to read.

As a few people pointed out, you did overdo it with the continous praise put on Baris and the "german elite" a bit xD. There are alot of good european players, no need to stress it like that.

Really an excellent match. I honestly didn't really read the comments since I was so sucked into the battle itself, though after a second look I do have to agree that you were a bit over the top... Ah well, still an excellent battle between two great battlers. Maybe this will help Hippowdon's popularity... seriously that thing hauled some ass this match.

Hm, I've tried to remove some of those comments to concentrate on the battle itself. But after clicking on the "Edit"-button, it would only load for, like, an eternity and not let me change anything...
Tried it multiple times as well, so nothing I can do about it I guess.
Well, you'll have to live with this version, then... I hope it still is entertaining and stuff, tho xDD

To be honest I enjoyed the whole thing from start to finish. This is probably another one of the best warstories I have read :toast:

Obviously that statement Jumpman16 highlighted is probably false but in this case it doesn't really matter, its just like reading a biased history source and can still be enjoyable to read!

good battle and all, but the unbiased story-telling was kind of a double edged sword... You got the battle said without bias, but it lost some of the more meaty thought processes which I personally love in a warstory.

I liked it nonetheless though, good job!

it was actually a 25% chance. he needed the minimum turn outrage AND the confusion, so baris kinda got but fucked there. great battle though

I practically never saw LO-Gyara earlier
apart form that, pretty good warstory xD

i lost to jira in the wc. to me it was pretty obvious that baris' offensive style was kinda overwhelming, while the crit on skarm was significant, the min dammage on hippow was the only thing standing in the way of a pretty clean sweep.

gg to both though ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)