ORAS UU Wanna Rate my super sweet UU team

This team centers around Obamasnow and is really fun to use. It is a little weak to poison pokes like Nidoking, Nidoqueen and crobat. But it is a really fun team and does real good for me when played correctly.

Forretress Leftovers
Ability: sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
EV: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

I like Forretress because it is a good physical wall. Removes and grants Hazards. Volt switch helps keep Offensive momentum.

Florges Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Nature: Calm
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Wish
- Protect

Florges is a beast. It walls almost every special attacker in the tier. Defence is there so it can take at least one strong physical attack and retaliate. For example it beats pokes like infernape 1v1. Psychic is there mainly for the obvious poison switchins to smash them for around 60% damage (crobat, Nidoking). All in all a great Mon.

Haxorus Lum Berry
Ability: Mold breaker
Nature: Adamant
EV: 36 HP / 252 Atl / 220 Spe
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Haxorus my early game wall breaker/ Late game sweeper. Standard set basically set up and sweep very powerfull. This is usually my lead when facing Nidoking/ Nidoqueen.

Mienshao Choice Scarf
Ability: regenerator
Nature: Jolly
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Hi jump kick
- Knock off
- U-turn
- Stone edge

This thing is fast and hits like a tank. Great for revenge Killing. Also a great pivot. Also it outspeeds most of the UU tier and destroys Choice scarf Hydreigon.

Abomasnow @Abomasite
Ability: Snow warning
Nature: Quiet
EV: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
- Ice shard
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

The Mvp of the team. The residual damage from snow warning is great. It breaks sashes and wears down opposing pokes. Base 120 stab moves both physical and special. Which catches some pokes off guard and smashes them. Blissey for example gets destroyed by wood hammer. Ice shard is great to pick off weakened pokes. It also Completely walls most water types.

Raikou@ Assault vest
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (ice)

Last but not least Raikou one of my favorite pokes. Great pivot has decent special bulk with Assault vest so it can switch in on some special attacks and scare them out. Which gives momentum.

That's my team. Let me know what you think.

Have you thought of maybe switching Haxorus out for DD Zygarde. I feel like Zygarde would fulfill the exact same role Haxorus currently does, he just does it better. I believe the "best" set is something like
Zygarde @ Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

(credits to Dudeman)

Other than that, I'd suggest potentially trying out an SD set on Abomasnow, as I've found that to usually put in more work, though I do understand to draw of 100% accurate Blizzard.
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

And if you don't like the SD idea, you should probably change your Abomasnow's nature to an attack boosting one as he has more physical attacks than special ones anyway.

Well, that's all I've really got, I hope you like my suggestions, and I wish you great success with your team

yeah, imma agree with the above changes, but here is some of my own as well; these might not be the best cause im on phone and have to go to bed but whatevs

you definitely need to change the spread of your florges; it already has massive special defense, so you're MUCH better off investing in its physical defense to make it more of a mixed wall. i would go with 252 hp / 232 def / 24 spd bold, which lets you tank an unboosted lo bravebird from honchkrow. i would also replace psychic for aromatherapy, as it still doesn't really make you any less weak to poison-types and pretty much all of your team appreciates having status removed.

also, i would also suggest using a sub coil set instead of dd, as it lets you switch into cb fire-types like darm easier without taking as much damage, and it really appreciates the wish support from florg. the common spread is 192 hp / 140 spd / 176 spe jolly, which lets you outspeed up to adamant entei.

ill edit this later as i have a few other suggestions that i cant rly put in rn, but best of luck!

I agree with all of the above as well, especially the switch to SubCoil Zygarde as Fire types put enormous pressure on your team. A couple other suggestions I have:

Change Abomasnow's nature to Brave because three of your attacks are physical and you'll likely want the extra boost on these. In particular, it'll give you a stronger Ice Shard which can be pretty clutch in a lot of situations.

Change Shadow Ball on Raikou to Extrasensory or Signal Beam. The main thing that you would hit with Shadow Ball (Jirachi) is something you beat anyway. Extrasensory does a lot more damage to common switchins like Roserade, Nidoqueen, and Chesnaught. Signal Beam does more damage to other common switchins like Krookodile, Hydreigon, Celebi, and Shaymin.

Replace Psychic for Aromatherapy for sure because it'll take a lot of pressure off of Raikou and Zygarde if they happen to get statused.

Finally, change Forretress to specially defensive since it'll let you do a better job of checking Mega Alakazam, something that your team struggles with a lot.

Also you need 188 speed with a Jolly nature on Zygarde in order to outspeed Adamant Entei, not 176 jolly.

Hope this helped, good luck with this team!

your team is supper weak to fire and fairy. you have coverage moves, but Mienshoa is the only thing to outspeed stuff but ends up choice locked into anything but stone edge or stone edge just misses. Raikou can be replaced. Mainly my playstyle is stall so all I can think of is Quagsire but I don't think it will run properly. Maybe CroCune or Blastroise would work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)