SM OU Voltturn Mayhem

Introduction

**Hey people, I built this team around voltturn and found it pretty fun. It might need some adjustments to catch up to the meta, but enjoy nonetheless.**

Teambuilding Process

**I started this as a Beedrill-Mega team due to its major buffs in gen 7 making it fun yet terrifying.**

**Magnezone paired well with Beedrill-Mega, bodying steel types and forming a voltturn core. About now is when I decided to go full-on voltturn.**

**Rotom gave me a necessary switch-in to ground types. Also more voltturn, and annoying status.**

**This spot initially belonged to Landorus-T. Back then, I had another hazard remover. Now that I don't, Skarmory does the hazard control. It also makes an excellent physical wall. A shame it doesn't have voltturn.**

**Tapu Koko gets both U-turn and Volt Switch, coupled with an overwhelming speed that lets it embody the spirit of the team.**

**This spot used to belong to Starmie, my old hazard control who could shrug off status. Unfortunately, it left me horribly weak to priority, and Bisharp auto-won against me. So I switched it to Tapu Lele.**

The Team

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Fell Stinger
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
**The star of the team. It comes in whenever it's safe and hurts something with U-turn. Until you believe the opponent will just sack something instead of letting it punch another hole. Then you click Fell Stinger and go for the sweep.**

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
**Traps and eliminates steel types, bar Heatran and Excadrill, which you do NOT want to stay in on.**

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
**My special tank, since Magnezone and Skarmory take physical attacks so well. Absolutely nobody expects Thunder Wave as my free move, and though it takes away from my recovery, the extra speed control is completely worth it.**

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
**My rocker and my defogger. Good defense, reliable recovery. Despite Brave Bird's recoil, it's essential for Medicham-Mega.**

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
**It's fast, it hits hard, and it pivots well. Electric Terrain gives itself and Magnezone a nice power boost. Hidden Power [Ice] beats banded Zygarde-50% if you have enough health to take an ExtremeSpeed or if it uses Thousand Arrows or Iron Tail to predict Tapu Lele's attempt to block ExtremeSpeed.**

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
**Kills something every time it comes in safely, if you predict right. Psyshock hits Chansey, making it your only really decent answer to stall.**

Hazards: Who knew that the team built around constant switching wouldn't enjoy taking chip damage every time it switched?

Charizard-Mega-X: If it sets up on you, click x.

Greninja-Ash: Once Battle Bond goes off, it claims a kill pretty much every time it comes in.

Zygarde-50%: once it can safely click Thousand Arrows, decide what to sack.

Bisharp: If it sets up or comes in on Skarmory's defog, it can really dent your team. It might be worth investing speed on Rotom-Wash to outspeed and burn it if you don't care about its bulk, but then it's weaker against other mons.

Stall: outside of Tapu Lele, you can't really break through stall, so don't let it fall prey to Dugtrio.

Conclusion

**This team has a lot of momentum and offensive presence, beating most offensive teams you come across. I had a lot of fun using it, because ultimately you win most games with your own wit, not with hax.**

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Fell Stinger
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Volt Switch

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Last edited:
I love your VoltTurn Core, personally I use three mons: M Scizor, Greninja, and Tapu Koko. To give yourself a good answer to Stall you could switch Skarmory to Stall Break physically defensive Tapu Fini. It kills Stall with Taunt, Nature's Madness, Moonblast and Defog. It also gives you hazard coverage. + Your VoltTurn Core covers Fini from Grass and Electric type threats. Physically defensive to cover the physical defensive hole left by taking out Skarmory. It also kills Dragons w/ Moonblast and covers you not having Dazzling Gleam on Tapu Koko.

Thanks for the rate!

I'll definitely try out Tapu Fini and let you know how it works, it seems like a good idea since this team isn't super reliant on rocks anyway and it covers not only stall better, but Zygarde-50%. Scizor-Mega would probably also be optimal over Beedrill-Mega, but I personally won't be using it since the team is built around the use of the bee. The only issue is that Tapu Fini is weaker to standard Greninja (so is Skarmory, but Fini is worse because Gunk Shot is a staple), but it makes up for it by being a bit less weak to Greninja-Ash (though it's physically defensive, so still not a perfect answer).

Thanks for the rate!

I'll definitely try out Tapu Fini and let you know how it works, it seems like a good idea since this team isn't super reliant on rocks anyway and it covers not only stall better, but Zygarde-50%. Scizor-Mega would probably also be optimal over Beedrill-Mega, but I personally won't be using it since the team is built around the use of the bee. The only issue is that Tapu Fini is weaker to standard Greninja (so is Skarmory, but Fini is worse because Gunk Shot is a staple), but it makes up for it by being a bit less weak to Greninja-Ash (though it's physically defensive, so still not a perfect answer).
I would replace M Bee with M Scizor from a hardcore win standpoint, but not in this situation because the team is built around M Bee. I did the calcs and Tapu Fini survives the Gunk Shot. Also you have specially defensive Rotom Wash to cover SpA Gren/Ash Gren. Thanks for trying out my rate, glad to be helpful.
Tapu Fini set:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Moonblast

Hi! I like the concept, and also trying to make use of an underrated Mega.

First, I think changing to AV Magnezone would be a good move. You give less set-up opportunity to Char-X (volt-turn out of there), while also having a somewhat decent check to Greninja and Ash-Greninja (barring Low Kick Gren).

Then, consider giving Tapunium Tapu Koko a try. You can get off 75% on any mon on stall using Guardians of Alola, and taunt it to prevent recovery (if chansey), or T-bolt to kill. Be wary to only use when regenerator cores are down so your hard work doesn't go to waste!.

Tapu Koko @ Tapunium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Last, try Scarf Lele. It would provide some additional speed control, as well as potentially being able to revenge non-Jolly Char-X at plus 1, while also being able to revenge RK Jolly Gyarados

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)