Vgc 17 Rain Offense

Hello, this is a VGC 17 team based around the weather core of Pelipper and Golduck ^_^

JealousIllFruitfly-small.gif

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Brine

Firstly I started off with Pelipper the weather setter, Pelipper's moveset is the standard Brine for doubleing the atrack power if their under 50% , Hurricane for coverage against grass types and 100% Accuracy in rain, Protect to be immune to attacks for a turn and Tailwind to double the teams speed.

The EVs on Pelipper allow it hit really hard and be decently fast, defensive EVs are unnessiciary at Pelipper's main role in the team is to set up tailwind and hit as hard as possible, and with a modest Nature pelipper can pick up KOs on the likes of Alolan-Marowak and Tapu Bulu. Focus sash is used to guarantee surviveing a hit and getting of tailwind.

giphy.gif

Golduck @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Next came the weather abuser, Golduck's moveset consists of STAB Scald for a relieable hitting move whlist Hydro pump gives me harder hitting stab, Icebeam gives me coverage against dragon and grass types, and protect to be immune to attacks for a turn.

The EVs on Golduck allow it to hit as hard as possible and as fast as possible, I'm using a modest Nature over a Timid Nature as it is already really fast under rain due to swift swim and it outspeeds all relevant choice scarfers. Waterium Z Is used as hard hitting rain boosted stabs which can guarantee a KO on Celesteela.

buzzwole.jpg

CrimsonChin (Buzzwole) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 20 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

I figured that having a way to deal with Gigalith would be nessiciary as because it's slower and therefore sand stream would overtake rain so I decided Buzzwole would be the perfect pick. Superpower is hard hitting stab alongside Leech Life, Ice Punch scores a KO against Garchomp and Poision Jab gives me a way to deall with fairy types as they resist both of my stab

The EVs on Buzzwole allow me to survive two Moonblast from Tapu lele, two Dazzling Gleams from Tapu Koko, two FlareBlitzes from Arcanine without taking rain into consideration. An adamant nature to hit as hard as possible and an Assault Vest to eat special hits.

giphy (1).gif

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Now I thought having a way to deal with Tapu Koko outside of rain would be nessiciary as it can outright kill 2 of my mons and 2HKO Buzzwole. Earthquake is hard hitting STAB hitting multiple targets, Dragon Claw is STAB that hits decently hard, Poison Jab is fairy type coverage and rock slide can hit multiple targets and potentially flinch them in the process.

The EVs on Garchomp allow it to outspeed Tapu Koko and sursine a Tectonic Rage from opposing Garchomp.

tumblr_oi92krxnJe1suy9c4o1_500.png

Pathetic. (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 228 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Now I was thinking about a mon who really benefited from the team and Celesteela came to mind, Scarf Garchomp can catch certain mons off guard for example Tapu Koko which Celesteela really appreciates, Celesteela is also immune to ground moves which let's Garchomp spam Earthquake without hurting it, rain also weakens fire type moves which are super effective against Celesteela.

The EVs on Celesteela let it survive 2 Thunderbolts from Xurkitree and take 3 Sacred Swords from Kartana.

250px-785Tapu_Koko.png

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder

Finally I added Tapu Koko, Tapu Koko can abuse Rain with 100% Accurate Thunder, Volt switch gives me momemtum, Dazzling Gleam lets me hit multiple targets and protect makes me immune to attacks for one turn.

Standard EVS to hit as hard and fast as possible.

Thank you for reading, my main concern with this team is trick room although I believeI can beat it through offensive presence.
  • (I'll polish this of later as I'm really tired right now but thanks for reading.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)