ORAS UU UU Team: Blissful Eclipse

This my one of my more recent teams that I have made. It has held up pretty well and helped me go 9-1 as of this post on the ladder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I wanted to use one of the new megas and chose mega Scpetile just for crocune. Crocune has baan running around a lot lately and mega sceptile can easily take care of it. I also noticed Zygarde has been used a lot, which helped me choose mega sceptile. Mega Scpetile can both handle these mons easily.

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 408-482 (100.9 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 224-266 (55 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The next step was to cover Mega Sceptiles vast amount of weaknesses and frailness. I chose aromatisse. It covers all its weaknesses nicely, and provides an immunity to dragon and wish support. It also can easily take a hit from Hydreigon and other special attackers, which are one of Mega Sceptiles problems. Mega Sceptile can barely take any hit.

Next, I added Raikou. Raikou also provides some more special bulk and still has nice coverage that makes up for Sceptiles limited special move pool. It also can be bulky in the times I need it. For example, scarf jirachi runs through scpetile and aromatisse, but with the electric resistance to steel and Raikoi's decent defense it provides a nice switch in for raichi.

I now added swampert to deal with ground and ice weaknesses more effectively. I also need a mon with Stealth Rock so it makes it harder for my opponent to predict what I could possibly wish pass with aromatisse into. Swampert also is slow, which helps me out with the Dragalge/ Trick Room teams that are becoming more frequent. It also provides me a safe switch in for electric type attack if sceptile is not mega yet or it is already fainted.

I needed some more reliable physical attackers on the team that are also fast. I choose crobat because of its typing and move pool. I can have it easily take down Florges and Blissey and still be able to get rid of rocks on my side of the field with defog.

Lastly I chose jirachi on my team just for the soul reason of its typing and great ability and having all base 100 stats. Jirachi brings some more bulk to the team and also is a huge threat to fairies and some of the new megas like Beedrill.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
Florges has done a better roll of playing as a cleric then aromatisse was doing for me before. It takes a hell of a lot more special hits, and also serves as a nice switch in for common special attacksers and other clerics.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
Mega Sceptile serves as my main special attacker on the team. It can easily knock out things like Hippodown and Crocune. What makes Mega Sceptile one of my favorite new megas is because with its resistance to steel and having focus blast, it eliminates things like aggron. It also does a reasonable amount of damage to Blissey.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou provides a nice Volt-Turn core with Jirachi dispite they are both weak to ground. Sub Raikou lets me set up on things like vaporeon and forretress. It also has ability to 2ohko Zyargde with an unboosted HP Ice, which I have noticed helps Jirachi run havoc.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald
With things like florges, I can just SR or EQ and then later come in with jirachi and can for sure kill it. Swampert has nice defensive bulk so things like Crobat and Jirachi can still keep they HP at a sold amount while I switch into swampert. Swampert has to roar to handle things like Crocune and Curslax.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
With 120 HP crobat can still function as a great defogger and still does a lot with 136 attack. 136 attack make sure it kills things like chesnaught and mienshao but also keeping bulk on Crobat. U-turn and Raikou's volt switch make a great combo to keep up offensive pressure onto my opponent, and also helps me even more with hazard control by letting me switch in to a counter, which is usually mega sceptile.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spa
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
Jirachi provides some bulk to the team and still outspeeds things Mega Sceptile has problems with. With it being scarf, I can easily ohko over confident players using mega beedrill with zen headbutt. Having the flinch combo also comes in handy for widdling down mons that would other wise be a problem to the team.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

In conclusion, this team has brought me really far but I still feel like its lacking something.
Feedback is enjoyed, and all changes will be made in bold.
Thanks!

Last edited:
What's up hydra, pretty good looking team you have there, I just have a few suggestions for ya:

First since you're running such a specially bulky Aromatisse you might as well be running Florges over Aromatisse so you can sponge those special hits better. Aromatisse and Florges basically work the same way with very similar movesets, but it allows you to take special hits much better. And because you're running a cleric on your team you can afford to have Leftovers over Lum on Pert since you can just aromatherapy the status away. You should also be running a more defensive Pert spread so that you can deal with Fire Types like Darm and Entei better which pretty much run over your team once Pert goes down. Lastly about pert you should really consider Roar Swampert so that you can deter Snorlax from setting curses up on you. Snorlax is getting pretty popular now and you really don't have anything for it.

Ok next you really should be running Max Speed on Raikou and Rachi. One of the great things about Raikou is its speed and running less speed on it just to get a slower volt switch isn't really worth it. Being slower than Jirachi also means that it can Iron Head flinch you to death if it comes down to it late game and that's something you really don't want to risk. Still about Raikou I really think a Sub CM HP Ice Kou would really help your team since you don't have a win condition vs stall. CM Raikou does pretty well, setting up on things like Florges and bulky waters that are forced out fearing Tbolt. HP Fire is also not needed becasue the only thing you have HP Fire for is Forry and Forry gets hit extremely hard by Tbolt already so it's really pointless to give up Ice type coverage to hit something you already hit with one of your other moves. If you run lower speed on a scarf rachi you will be outsped by scarfers that you normally should outspeed like Hydreigon and Darmanitan. I realize that the extra bulk is nice, but it's really not worth getting beat by other scarfers and things like DD Zygarde/Haxorus at +1. While we're on the topic or Rachi you should really consider Trick on Rachi either over Zen Headbutt or Fire Punch. Trick, in my opinion is a staple on every choice mon that has access to it and for good reason; you can shut down any mon of your choice on the opposing team basically depending on when you choose to trick it. It also really helps you out with Curse Lax which as I mentioned before does a ton of damage to your team.

Last thing I have for you is Sky Plate/Black Sludge over Life orb Bat. Life orb bat is, to put it bluntly, pretty bad since one of Crobat's main selling points is its ability to switch into a large majority of the tier such as Roserade and the plethora of fighting types the tier has so if you have a life orb you'll just be wearing Crobat down and force yourself to roost more or put yourself into KO range more often than you should. Sky Plate is nice to still pack a nice punch with BB while not giving you recoil. Black Sludge is great too so that you get some passive recovery on switches or when you Defog which is always great especially on Crobat.

I think that a fighting type would help you out a lot with Snorlax, but I'm not sure how to fit one on without drastically changing the makeup of your team. Hopefully someone else can think of a good swap to fit one.

So yeah that's it haha, I know it looks like a lot, but it's really just set changes and whatnot. Hope I helped! Gl in the future :]

Alright, this team looks a bit weird but the EV spreads and all, so I have a few suggestions to make;

Your EV spread on Aromatisse is...suboptimal, to say the least. You don't really need that much special defense investment in this metagame, especially when you could be using to tank attacks from the likes of Mega Lopunny and Mega Gallade better, who both have a much easier time dealing with you if you're using a specially defensive spread. Swampert's EV spread is also kinda bad as well; while Ice Punch certainly isn't /garbage/ for reg pert, it becomes much harder to take down Zygarde if it manages to net some Coil boosts. To fix both of these issues, I would change both of these sets to a physically defensive Aromatisse, and physically defensive Swampert, with Roar or Ice Beam over Ice Punch, as Roar stops stuff like Snorlax and Suicune from getting a free boost on your Swampert. (252 HP / 252 Def+ / 4 SpA for Aroma, 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def Relaxed for Pert)

e: lol fuck i got snipped by toenail rip

Hope I helped! my boy dodmen will put in the second half of our changes below ;o

Thanks for the feedback Bouffalant and Hairy Toenail! I have noticed the team to bring me further up the ladder, but only lets me peek to a certain point. I changed to a different team and it has been working great at this part of the ladder. I wouldn't have made it without some help. Its good to get back into uu again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)