UU Simple Questions Thread

Actually, Council testing lasted well into XYUU. We only switched to public suspect testing when Koko passed Leadership to Sam and Hikari.

Tirishia

Banned deucer.
Does anyone know when we can expect SuMo to come to ps? Pokeaim said it would be within the same week of release while I hear other sources say within the next two months.

Does anyone know when we can expect SuMo to come to ps? Pokeaim said it would be within the same week of release while I hear other sources say within the next two months.
Most likely the mons and ou will come within a week. If I remember correctly, in xy they were implemented in a couple of days. However, the meta will take a month or two to stabilize and my guess is that uu will be formed then.

Why are we retesting Klefki instead of suspecting Celebi? Also, how is Klefki checking Celebi when all of its sets beat it 1V1?

Baton Pass was deemed the problem element, not Celebi. Celebi is definitely good, but its most arguably broken sets were banned alongside Baton Pass. Klefki wasn't dropped as a check, but as a new option since it lost OU usage.

Am I the only one who doesn't approve of Sableye's move down to RU? In the tier it possesses the invaluable ability to bounce back taunts, torments, and hazards (Prankster Magic Coat, though less useful than Espeon'a Magic Bounce) plus the ability to inflict any status effect even before death with Prankster. Many of UU's bulky attackers (Besides Conkeldurr with Guts) can be easily crippled by a single Will-O.

Sableye
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Foul Play
- Protect

This is just one set that can be run as an easy check to hazards, status, taunt, and can take down high physical bulk with FP. Opinions on Sableye?

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sableye's been fairly ineffective because of UU's current meta trends, which heavily promotes the use of pokemon like Sylveon, Conkeldurr, and Entei, to name a few. All of these mons obviously make Sableye's life very hard, which has brought about a decline in its usage over the past couple of months, eventually leading to it's current RU status.

Your set in particular is an intriguing one, although it does have some notable flaws. Magic coat is heavily prediction dependent, and taunt definitely outclasses it because it's easier to just shut down any support moves rather than having to predict whether your opp will fire off an attack or not. It's definitely original though, so you might net some dividends just due to the pure surprise factor, but in general, it's a very subpar option in UU. Additionally, having recover is a must on any Sableye set, otherwise you're just asking to be whittled down, since Sableye's overall bulk isn't the best, and sometimes even a burn will force you into a cycle of continual recovers.

Again, I (and I'm sure others do as well) appreciate your originality, and it's a great conceptual set on paper, but one that's also bound to disappoint you, should you try putting it to use.

Since UU is not yet available for S/M, I've been trying out ORAS UU for the first time and I've been loving it! However, I've seen some rather conflicting things on Baton Pass which is ultimately preventing me from using it on my Umbreon. According to Smogon, "Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also a move that boosts Speed and a move that boosts another stat". I have no other 'Mons with Baton Pass and my Umbreon does not have a speed-boosting move, however Showdown won't let me use it because it says the move is just outright banned. Is it banned for use on Umbreon and I'm just missing something? Or is it a bug with the software? TIA folks!!

why doesnt lucario run high jump kick instead of close combat? it has more power and no stat drops, although the potential recoil kind of sucks

is it just because it can give it recoil, or is there a specific reason im missing? thanks

why doesnt lucario run high jump kick instead of close combat? it has more power and no stat drops, although the potential recoil kind of sucks

is it just because it can give it recoil, or is there a specific reason im missing? thanks
Doesn't really get you anything (the power difference is rather negligible) and the potential to miss is bad. Also sucks when you suddenly can't reliably break stuff like Alomomola anymore because of Protect. Stat drops also rarely affect you because you have priority in Espeed and Bullet Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)