UU Cores V4

Hydreigon+Doublade! (Bulky Offense Core)

In my oppinion, this core is in this metagame as good as in the other meta's, not much changed.

Yo guys, this Core is very good, because Doublade takes like all weaks from Hydra and Hydra all weaks from Doublade, very effective!
Both mons are in upper Ranks and very usefull in UU Meta!

I'll tell you some mons, they can stop really easily:

Heracross:

Doublade can easily switch on Megahorn and Close Combat, and Doublade even takes a Knock Off, so as Hydreigon.

Florges:

Hydreigon can't do much against Florges, so Doublade can just switch in and take like 25% dmg, a great deal!

Darmanitan/Entei:

Both mons are very good against Doublade, so just switch on Hydreigon, he will take it and can maybe Roost on these Mons, if he isn't Scarf!

Swampert:

Swampert stops Doublade from sweeping, and it hits Doublade very effective, so Hydra can just come in and maybe drop a Draco ;D

These were just some examples, there are a lot of mons this Core stops!

And for the new ones:
Celebi:

Gets easily stopped by both, but you have to look for Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball, so the other mon easily handle it.

Sylveon:

To be honest, Specs Sylveon is a big Thread against this Core because Doublade only takes one hit, and Hydra dies instantly, so look up for Sylveon.

Conkeldurr:

Same as Heracross, Hydra takes Knock off and Doublade takes the Fighting Move
The Core is a very effective Type Core, because the Types are the key for this Core, they cover themselves very, very good, if they have to switch-in something or to deal damage, and Hydra can help Doublade to sweep.

I apologize for my bad english!

Threw

cohiba
Hi! I don't normally do this type of thing but boredom, etc.

+

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch / Pursuit

So this looks like a sun core, but these two actually have phenomenal synergy as a straight up balance core as well. I can definitely see Mega Doomer getting more popular once Hydreigon gets banned (I'm assuming) and offense scrambles for Chandy answers other than Lax. Anyway, Venusaur is cool because it's probably the only thing that pivots into Sylveon, takes Hyper Voice well, and can't be taken out by the common BP out to Krook. This core is best paired with a Steel anyway, but what's neat about this core is that if Sylv clicks Psyshock, Doomer gets a free NP, which typically really deters it from doing so. Sleep Powder also does really well to give it free setup turns. As far as the slash, Sucker makes sweeping a lot easier (you only have to get MAero to around 30 instead of taking it out completely, for example), but I really like Pursuit so that you only have to switch into Chandy once since Doomer is so easily worn down.

+

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

This is an offensive core that I've become really enamored of lately. Nobody expects Pursuit Mega Absol, and it absolutely nukes all the fat Psychics and the two Ghosts that are still common (Doublade and Chandy) that give dub dance Cobalion a ton of trouble. I usually use Fire Blast to roast Tang and Chesnaught, which also really helps Coba, but really you can use whatever supports the team as a whole best. Pretty straightforward I'd say

Hi, I'm fairly new to playing competitive but I've been watching for quite a while now. I've come up with a core using two of my favourite pokemon who I also believe have some interesting synergy.
weezing.gif +absol-mega.gif
I wanted to know what ya'll thought about this core. Weezing covers both absol's fairy type and fighting type weaknesses with the added bonus of ground-type immunity, while a dark type sweeper could cover Weezing's psychic weakness, capitalize on toxic spikes and possibly set up to sweep.
Is it actually good or does it only look that way on paper? Perhaps it would be better with an Umbreon?
If you guys think it'll work, do you have any suggestions on how to support it well? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask for advice on cores.

Attachments

Vague

Banned deucer.

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off / Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This core is straight flames and I love it. Choice Band Conkeldurr is a menace to face as Hammer Arm is stupidly strong and can even 2HKO resists like Nidoqueen with ease and Mach Punch is one of the strongest priority moves in the entire tier that tears upwards 50% off anything that doesn't resist it or isn't bulky. Despite the numerous pros of using Conkeldurr it can't break past Cresselia (or any bulky Psychic without KnOff) in a 1 v 1 situation. It can stomach a Knock Off then proceed to setup all over it. This is were Band Krookodile comes in. It traps and eliminates every Psychic-types in tier bar Celebi with it's powerful Dark STAB and Poison-types with Earthquake. This gives Conkeldurr a bit more breathing room to mindlessly click Hammer Arm and watch things drop. Of course Flying and Fairy-types are still an issue, but Poison Jab OHKOes Specs Sylveon on the switch-in and 2HKOes defensive variants, Flying-types can't switch-in safely on neither of these these two without being hit very hard. These two really enjoy some type of speed control so Thunder Wave Cresselia or Stun Spore Whimsicott would be great partners. Tailwind could even be something cool to amp up how dangerous they really are together. Make sure you try to implement a Fairy switch-in since they can come in on both of their primary STABs (Dark for Krookodile) and apply pressure from there: think of things like Empoleon (which provides Rocks), Offensive Tentacruel (Rapid Spin + TSpikes support) or Crobat (Defog / U-turn). They also pair extremely well with cleaners like Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sharpedo, or even Mega Beedrill, the latter of which provides U-turn support to get them into play. Overall, this is a really good core that features double choice band which has been growing in popularity lately.

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

CroCune + Signal Beam Rotom-C
Balanced Core
Standard Crocune + Signal Beam Rotom-C's been a pretty cool core I've been messing around with lately and it's really put in a good amount of work. It's pretty simple how these two work together. Some of the more common switch-ins to Rotom-C include Mega Sceptile, Celebi, and Hydreigon as they all resist both of Rotom-C's STAB moves and make for nice midground plays, as opposed to going straight to your Ground Type on a potential Leaf Storm in an attempt to block Volt Switch. Coincidentally, all three are hit super effectively by Signal Beam and also happen to be common checks to Suicune (TauntDreigon). Not only does Signal Beam lure a decent amount of Suicune's checks, but Rotom also is a good answer to opposing RoarCune, Haze Milotic, and Haze/Acid Spray Tentacruel. All of which happen to be some of the more annoying Pokemon for CroCune to face. On the other hand, Suicune stops a good amount of Rotom's common revenge killers when locked into either Leaf Storm or Signal Beam, whether it is Entei, Arcanine, Mega Aerodactyl, etc. Good partners for this core include Pokemon that appreciate Rotom's ability to handle bulky water types such as Mega Aerodactyl and Entei. Bulky ground types that can take on other Suicune counters such as Toxicroak and Heliolisk are also good options alongside this core. Gligar gets a special mention as it can check both with the right set, lay or clear hazards, and form a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom to get heavy hitters in favorable positions.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Last edited:

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!

Mega-Aerodactyl + Jellicent + Chesnaught
Balanced / Defensive Core
This is a pretty cool core, already because Mega-Aerodactyl, Jellicent and Chesnaught have a good defensive synergy (in addition to a necessary Ground-immunity), then because you can set up Stealth Rocks then strongly hit with Mega-Aerodactyl, and take powerful hits with Jellicent and Chesnaught, which do a good defensive core together. I took Jellicent instead of Tentacruel because it's a good anti-Rapid Spin and it checks and counters many Pokémons in UU [Empoleon, Tentacruel, Entei, Infernape, Arcanine, Mega-Aerodactyl, Mega-Aggron, not placed Doublade (it can take 1 Shadow Sneak after 1 Sword Dance), Mega-Beedrill (50-60% on Knock Off), Cloyster and many others...] with a decent Bulk.
It's basic sets : Mega-Aerodactyl with twos STAB moves and Aqua Tail, the last move is a filler move which can be Taunt, Roost, Stealth Rocks or Earthquake, physically defensive Jellicent with Recover, Scald, Will-O-Wisp, and a filler move which can be Hex to have a good Ghost STAB with Will-O-Wisp, Ice Beam to hit Grass-type and limits the Mega-Sceptile switchs-in, or Taunt if you are not playing it on Mega-Aerodactyl, finally specially defensive Chesnaught with Spikes, Spiky Shield, Synthesis, and a STAB move to check Pokémons like Scarfed Heliolisk and Mega-Sceptile.
The core has a obvious weakness to Chandelure and Rotom-Heat, because you are forced to sacrifice some HP on Mega-Aerodactyl if you haven't Roost.
Switchs-in at Sylveon are compulsory. A 252 HP / 56 Atk / 180+ Def Custap Berry Heavy Slam Forretress is a good option, and more, it can use Rapid Spin, Stealth Rocks to have Roost / Taunt / Earthquake on Mega-Aerodactyl and Spikes to have a double STAB on Chesnaught. Of course, a leftovers set with Volt Switch for Momentum is viable.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Stealth Rock / Taunt / Earthquake / Roost

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt / Ice Beam / Hex

48 EVs in speed are used to outspeed Empoleon.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer / Drain Punch

16 EVs in Speed are used to outspeed Empoleon, a new time.

Thanks for watching my UU core, good bye !

Last edited:
Hey UU! I'm extremely surprised no one has brought up this core so far. It's a core which fits on balanced and bulky offensive builds and consists of Conkeldurr+Metagross.

AV Conkeldurr+offensive Metagross.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 180 HP / 152 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt / Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Pursuit

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off

The given EV spreads allows Conkeldurr to effectively check all non-banded Krookodile variants, while giving it the special bulk to live 2 LO Draco Meteor's from Hydreigon, as well as straight up wall all scarf variants. For Metagross, 176 speed is to outrun standard specs Sylveon, with 180 HP avoiding the 2HKO from specs hyper voice. Of course, standard spreads work here as well, I just prefer these spreads for checking the specific threats mentioned. Most moves here are standard and don't require much explanation, but pursuit is a cool option to cripple Celebi on the switch specifically for Conkeldurr, and rocks can be fit here if no other member of the team has it.

This core has excellent defensive and offensive synergy. Offensively, Conkeldurr is able to take on bulky water types for Metagross, and can break through Pokemon such as Sableye, Doublade and Umbreon which Metagross struggles with. Metagross is easily able to switch in and pressure fairies which this Conkeldurr variant struggles with, notably Sylveon, Whimsicott and Florges. Likewise, Metagross can beat CM Reuniclus (unless shadow ball, which is less common now due to the decreased viability of Sableye) and CM Cresselia (unless it's T-Wave and gets lucky) 1v1 due to Meteor Mash's secondary effect, as well as beat any Celebi variant lacking earth power.

Defensively, Metagross can hard check any notable fairy type for Conkeldurr, as well as check bulky/offensive psychic types like Celebi and Reuniclus for Conkeldurr. It also serves as a decent check to powerful flying types such as Crobat and Aerodactyl, being able to OHKO both with Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt, respectively. In return, Conkeldurr serves as a hard check to Pokemon Metagross struggles with: Hydreigon, Mega Absol and Krookodile, as well as any bulky water type like Suicune and Milotic due to its assault vest and guts. Also having dual priority is awesome to compensate for the low speed of both these Pokemon. I feel that this core is excellent in the current metagame and has potential to become a staple on balanced/bulky offence teams.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
G'day fellow UU aficionados! I have a nice Offensive Core that has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. This core does a great job of managing other Offensive archetypes as well as utilising a great set up Pokemon to help break through walls for the rest of the team.

Celebi + Mega Aerodactyl

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit

Quite a simple and straight forward offensive core. Celebi is an incredible Pokemon and Nasty Plot is just one of the many great sets it has to choose from. Celebi handles bulkier builds that might trouble Mega-Aerodactyl, setting up Nasty Plot against the plethora of the bulky water types in the tier; it's dual STAB handily takes on slower fighting types. In this case, I've opted to run Shadow Ball over any other form of coverage; it hits opposing Celebi, Bronzong, Doublade and still 2hkos soft checks such as Forretress. Other options include: running Earth Power or Signal Beam over Shadow Ball; and Protect over Psychic - only if your team is better equipped to take on fighting types and is weak to Bounce Gyarados (also being nice for scouting choice locked Pokemon). Mega Aerodactyl exists to take on faster threats that threaten Celebi out; also enjoying a lot more freedom thanks to Celebi taking on it's checks & counters. Of course, you're certainly not restricted to run this particular set on Mega-Aerodactyl; Hone Claws, is an excellent sweeper that excels further with it's various checks and counters being weakened/eliminated.

Pokemon that Mega-Aerodactyl can take on for Celebi: Azelf, Mega-Beedrill, Celebi, Chandelure, Crobat, Espeon, Galvantula, Infernape, Mienshao, Nidoking and Tornadus.

Pokemon that Celebi can take on for Mega-Aerodactyl: Mega-Blastoise, Cresselia, Donphan, Doublade, Empoleon, Florges, Forretress, Gligar, Metagross, Milotic, Porygon2, Suicune, Swampert/Mega-Swampert and Vaporeon.

As you can see these two Pokemon take on a huge portion of the metagame. Of course they can't take on every Pokemon, that's why we have teams of six. Pokemon that this core struggles against: Mega-Aerodactyl, Cresselia (if no Shadow Ball on Celebi), Scarf-Darmanitan, Scarf-Infernape, Reuniclus, Scarf-Rotom-Heat and Mega-Sharpedo, all come to mind.

Crawdaunt and Conkeldurr offer further wall breaking power to the team; alleviating the pressure on Celebi as a single wall breaker. Both offer useful utility in powerful priority, taking on the plethora of scarf Pokemon that take on the core. In the case of Crawdaunt taking on: Mega-Aerodactyl, Cresselia, Darmanitan, Infernape, Reuniclus & Rotom-Heat. In the case of Conkeldurr adding overall bulk and taking on Mega-Sharpedo is useful.

Last edited:

Florges + alomomola
Hyper stall defensive core
These two pokemon are the kings of UU stall. alomomola may be the most underrated pokemon, it has both wish and the regenerator ability, along with solid HP, allowing it to wish pass with minimal risk, healing chip damage to itself, and offering high healing for it's teammates. It also has the unique advantage of being the only viable wish passer to favor a higher defense, meaning it complements florges's weakness to physical attacks with its higher defense. alomomola also brings a large amount of other support moves with toxic, knock off, and magic coat. Florges packs aromatherapy to stop alomomola's weakness to status moves being an issue, and can set up against opposing stall, with calm mind. Building a team around these two ensures the ability to stall against almost any team.

and if your not convinced this is worth it, here's a demonstration: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-454124613

I don't know why, but it keeps multiplying the sets tab. It's in the third one...

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish

Last edited:

Mega Swampert + Sap sipper Goodra
Balanced core
Mega Swampert is debate-ably the best Mega evolution in UU, due to its high bulk, power, speed once rain is up, and the coverage to kill a solid amount of the tier in one shot. Its typing is also great defensively, as it only has one weakness to worry about, in grass. That's where we get goodra to come in. Sap sipper Goodra will get a free switch and attack boost against any grass attack, it also has the coverage to hit most of what swampert can't. Plus if you use choice band on it you will have over 700 attack with just the one boost.

The only real counters to this combination in the tier are Gyarados, and Sabeleye, with his prankster burns.
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Tail

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Ah yes, BlissMola one of the most infamous stall cores of this generation, and for good reason. Blissey like the monster it is walls pretty much every single mono special attacking threat that doesn't have a super effective move AND set up, it also works as this cores cleric as Mola can't handle all the physical sweepers it handles if it is toxiced. As already touched upon Alomomola walls almost every single physical attacker that doesn't have a Grass or Electric attack, usually Alomomola is the WishPasser and it does a fine job at it as it has a sky high 165 base HP stat. Some viable partners would be M-Aggron to be able to get down rocks on field and a way to phaze set-up sweepers. Another partner could be Quagsire as Unaware makes it "unaware" to setup.

PINK FISH (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald / Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

PINK BLOB (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave / Calm Mind

This is another infamous core which people really do despise, again for obvious reasons. I made a stall team around it but it can also be used for offense. It's based on that Sheddy lures in fire and rock types for Duggy to dispose of. If you add good hazard control, resists to all of the types that Shed is weak to it will be very hard to take Sheddy down. Some partners to this core could be M-Absol if you want to go offensive route or Xatu if you take the more defensive route.

RIP Duggy and Baton Pass

BLUE NOSE (Dugtrio) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

NO NEED FOR BLUE (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash / Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass / Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Sneak
- Protect / Will-O-Wisp

(M)

These are two pokemons with great type synergy. You could use offensive Swampert and CB Escavalier but I'll be focusing on the Defensive versions. Restalk M-Pert is one of the best if not the best Entei check in the tier as it pretty much gets free rocks on Entei if using rocks or doesn't fear a burn as it can rest it off and get some free Scalds off. The only weakness Pert has is grass types and that is where Escav comes in Escav walls nearly every grass type in the tier bar maybe Belly drum Chesnaught which is super rare. Swampert also beats all the fire types that trouble Escavalier. Some good partners might be Blissey as it can WishPass and has access to Heal Bell. It also works as a blanket check to all Special types which trouble this core. The only real threats to this core are NP Infernape or SubCM Chandy as both of them usually carry grass coverage.

COLOR BLIND SHHH (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock / Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

GREEN BODY (Escavalier) @ Leftovers / Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off / Pursuit
- Protect / Pursuit

Edit: Oh all the sets are in the second ones.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)