Project usum teambuilding workshop [closed until further notice]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sense of entitlement is pretty strong considering this is a free service. That said I kinda feel bad now since I asked for a team being built around a C- tier Pokemon.

This thread operates at an absolute snail's pace and it's unacceptable. You have unclaimed requests dating back an entire month yet new requests are still being tallied. Builders are just cherry picking cores when it should be more of a first come first serve basis.

Go ahead and cross off/remove my DD Mence core and take care of the people that have been waiting.
Wow I am so sorry we can't build your team in time for you and that we have actual social lives instead of spending all of our times on pokemonshowdown.com lmao. I just don't get why you are acting entitled like it says in the intro don't bug us to build your shit fast because it makes us not want to build it at all. If no one wants to build around your request there's probably a reason and you should just pick a new one instead of complaining that the requests get clogged up. And by the way it's not our "job" to do this, it's us taking time out of our days to make teams for people so we aren't obligated to churn them out as fast as we can, especially around christmas and new years.

The holiday thing I understand. But if so many builders are busy or out of commission then at least close the shop to requests. Otherwise you're faced with the situation you have here where stuff is just piling up unattended. It's not efficient.

It doesn't (or shouldn't) matter how "viable" or "interesting" something is to the individual builders. Their job is to address the cores. They volunteer to work with other people's cores/material, not just they ones they see fit? Either way, my set is not my issue and it's not the reason I posted my first comment.
You have to take into consideration that these builders are also involved in other contributions in Smogon as well. Building great teams also require time to test these sets out on the ladder/meta for the builders to describe us in detail what works and what can be improved upon. Just food for thought.

There are times to be frustrated (like if you haven't gotten a team in 6 months or something), but one month without a team - and again it's the month of December/early January (aka holidays and taking some personal time to relax) - is not something to get mad about. I think the point of being worried about too many requests piling up is a fair one, but let's not doubt the builders. I'm sure the leaders of this project will close it temporarily if they think they need time to catch up on requests. I know this isn't really related to the project (as in I'm not requesting anything lol), but the tone of the complaint really bothered me and I want the builders to know I appreciate their volunteered service to this thread and all of Smogon. Thank you all

82697DD3-4CD6-4015-BD3B-E37E69AD3257.gif
Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear

I want a team built around shift gear magearna as I am having trouble building with it. I don’t really care what archetype the team ends up being. I would really appreciate it if someone makes a team out of this.

Hello could make a bulk offensive team with
buzzwole.gif

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

"should be a first come first serve basis"

lmao dude if someone doesn't wanna build dd mence, a pokemon that hasn't even been good since the start of SM, then they don't have to. as false and CM have both said, the builders don't do this as a job. also, being a builder on teamshop isn't something people are competing for, so even if it is going at a "snail's pace", it is better than the alternative which is literally nothing.

also i originally took your core and then dropped it because of irl obligations.
Uh, I already expressed it had nothing to do with my core. There are cores over a month old - that was my issue not my core.

Tapu Koko+Kyurem-Black Requested by Zero01

This is something I made with imsosorrylol during olt and it was used in snake as well. We came up with the idea of Kyurem+Koko+Sciz as the offensive core because theres very little that walls all three and the volt turn combo is really nice for getting kyurem in easily to claim kills. We used mantine as our defoger because of the ash gren and volcarona weakness. We gave the mantine haze to be able to deal with opposing SD scizor. Defensive lando was added to give the team stealth rocks as well as a solid switch into a lot of physical threats. Lastly we added scarf gren to be able to revenge kill volcarona and give the team more momentum. It also gives the team another form of hazards to whittle down the opposing switch ins to koko and kyurem. This team has been fairly successful for myself and sorry, Hope you like it :)
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
Hey guys, just going to say your work is greatly appreciated, keeping doing what you do! I certainly don’t mind a wait, just means a sick team is coming through :]

Requesting Sharpedo-Mega

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang / Earthquake / Waterfall

We all know what this does, gain speed and chomp through teams after they incur enough chip. Ice fang cleanly slices through zygarde and friends... earthquake hits ttar, heatran, magearna... waterfall is kinda underwhelming water STAB. The whole moveset is entirely up to you, whatever makes the team as good as possible. Any playstyle works too.

It’s C tier, so I can’t request a core. However, this is for those rough times when one gets stuck teambuilding.

Sharpedo obviously loves wallbreakers to soften defensive cores. Specs/Z move Lele stands out for its ability to weaken shared checks with Sharpedo-M, while protecting from priority and boosting psychic fangs. This also begins a nice dark/psychic/fighting offensive core, that could be completed by some other fighting type like Keldeo or Hawlucha.

Dark spam wallbreakers might also be appealing, with Ash Greninja that can also lay down spikes to ease a Sharpedo clean, or even something a bit more heat like Crawdaunt to knock off items and break down shared checks.

Hazard stacking is also highly effective with such a potent cleaner, bringing foes down into ohko range from Sharpedo’s powerful attacks. This could be from a bulky offensive core like lando/ferro/pex, or a hyper offensive core like single/dual sash lead teams.

Thanks for reading. And whoever takes this up, have fun with building and testing! I’ve tried out a couple builds that I ended up not liking, but they sure as hell were fun to use :]

EDIT: oops, this is already requested lol

Last edited:
Requesting a team built around Life Orb Mamoswine
mamoswine.gif

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock / Knock Off

Description:
Mamoswine is a threatening wallbreaker with very few pokemon resisting it's dual STABs and having useful priority to pick off faster targets. It also brings utility in Stealth Rocks or Knock Off. You can pick between SR or Knock depending on the rest of the team.

Requesting build around this core:

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- U-turn
- Wish
- Protect

The main idea of this core is Spam Doom Desire and U-turn with Jirachi, so another pokemon like Zygarde Band or Specs Greninja can switch in and KO threats, the nice thing of Doom Desire is players cant just switch in checks of Greninja, because Doom Desire kill them or leave them in KO Range, example of this is Tapu Bulu, also Doom Desire hits hard stuff like Landorus Defensive and stuff, please try build around this, works good :]

Due to it being fairly obvious that no builder wanted to touch Rotom + Volc with a 15 foot poll, my request has been deleted. So I'm requesting a new core.

Requesting Band Zyg + Mega Scizor.
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 172 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Description:

First of all, the mega scizor spread lets it live two Specs Lele Psychics after rocks, 16 spe on defog zor is apparently the cool thing to do and the rest was thrown in defense to take hits from the likes of Kartana, Lando and such better. Feel free to tweak it if need be. Lil Blaine brought it to my attention that Band Zyg is really good rn, with Mew, Clef and Tang dropping in usage. I thought about it and Mega Zor seemed like a great partner because it likes the fire resist and elec immunity that Zygarde provides, while resisting Ice, Dragon, and Fairy for Zygarde. Mega Scizor often brings in mons such as Zap, Pex and Heatran which allows you to U-turn into Zygarde on all 3, barring HP Ice Zapdos and fire off powerful Banded Arrows. Thank you to whoever takes this and feel free to tweak the EVs.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability:Blaze
Nature:Timid
EVs: 4 Def 252 SpA 252 Spe
Moves:
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast
-Roost
I want to request a hyper offense with MegaZard Y. While it does face competition with arguably better offensive fire types, it still is a good wallbreaker with Fire Blast assuming if Drought is up. In addition, it can disrupt Mons that depend on sand/rain/hail, such as MegaPert and Excadrill.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Core for a team that utlises the synergy these two have togther. Tyranitar is a powerful wall breaker that mauls the psychic types that keldeo hates such as the lati, while in return with a scarf keldeo can clear up the mess after tyintars rampage with great speed under a scarf with great duel stabs to be well preparedf for the job. tyranitars set is a straight run of the mill band set, wanting a wall breaker and find no better than pokemons godizillia with great duel stab and move pool, including pusuit which under stab, retreat and the power behind a choice band can outright kill any pokemon switching out if weakened enough. Keldeo set is simple wenough a scarf set for the extra speed and ability to deal with faster threats and revenge kill pokemon tyarnitar weakened prievously. His move pool is standard with hydro for powerful stab, sacred sword for fighting mixed stab so keldeo is not dead weight vs chanset, scald for reliable burn stab it's weak but can be used to cripple switch into if nothing else and finaly stone edge revenge kills the likes of volcanora eaily.

Could you try to make a offensive team with ditto in it?
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Revenge kills threatening pokes with their own moves and boosts. Clearly its a gimmicky pokemon. I don't need a great team, I just want a team with ditto thats better than the garbage I can make.

Requesting physical mega sceptile for offense
1515553058098.png

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

it helps me kill things. also im new to showdown so someone plz help

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
- Recover

Been months since I played mons, and the meta is pretty alien to me right now. Figured I'd just try and see what can be made with a playstyle that's familiar to me, even in spite of the fact that there are very few Reuniclus cores on display right now. Reuniclus is more-or-less a brick wall to a lot of threats like MMedi, Pex, and really just a swathe of defensive mons on its lonesome. Calm Mind shuts out a lot of defensive teams that are unprepared for it, although this does mean the team already needs to have very strong anti-offense measures.

I'm torn on Psychic vs Psyshock in order to either OHKO Lucha past Electric Seed boost, or actually win CM wars. I'm inclined to go Psychic to best combat KokoLucha, but I'm not the best judge of this.

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
-------------
stop and smell the flowers sometime

requested by Thy lord Mega Sceptile
-------------
mega sharpedo is not very good but it's pretty fun, i guess. sorry about how generic the build gets in the middle, but when you're dealing with something like mega sharpedo you really need to make sure you're supporting it with a solid backbone. a more fun version of this team would have some epic and very cool stallbreaker in the amoonguss slot, so keep that in mind if you want to maximise your enjoyment i guess. there's also no z-move on this team so if i had to pick one it'd probably be groundium landorus (or just put the zmove on the stallbreaker in the 6th slot)

mega sharpedo opens up with the standard set. adamant is good for breaking but also means that you really need to be paying attention to potential scarfers like landorus and tapu lele so u don't try and set up to win only to find out that sharpedo is made of paper. i added magnezone because i thought that stuff like ferrothorn and scizor would be tough to bust through. it also helps with kartana which can be a really big nuisance. standard defensive landorus is what it is. u-turn is nice to bring in magnezone so you can pivot vs things like kartana and scizor if you need to. assault vest magearna checks tapu lele and other dragons like latios. no hp fire here, so again just volt into zone if you need to trap something like a scizor or a ferrothorn. subtoxic zygarde is a fun set that i think works well here, chipping at stuff like landorus and tapu bulu, while generally providing a solid fire resist. if you opt to run something other than amoonguss or toxapex in the last slot then be sure to use your substitutes carefully as you'll need them to beat clefable. as i already touched on, amoonguss is in the last slot here to solidify the backbone by providing a water resist as well as a pivot into kartana if you don't want landorus getting chipped.

(
)

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / idk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt

The Idea of MLatios + Calm Mind Clefable is that MLatios lures in stuff like Heatran or Magearna and also kill TTar with Draco + Eq combo (kills Bandtar every time only with roll rolls it doesnt) I would like a bulky offense/balance type team and gyara isnt needed its just a idea with MLatios to fake the Mega.

1515706561113.png
1515706598800.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off / Taunt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Toxic / Knock Off

These two have fantastic type synergy that allows them to check large portions of the metagame and lets them define some balance teams. Feel free to adjust the sets however you see fit, all I ask is for a balance team based around these two.

With the discussion on the VR thread atm I'd like to see what the Hippo can really do, I've actually wanted to use him for a while as a sweet wall and sand setter. This set isn't necessary, just a good example.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

I know I can't request this with Excadrill as Hippowdon isn't B+ on the VR, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd incorporate the Sand Rush sweeper set into the team.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I was also wondering how WoW Gengar with Hex could work, using Hippowdon to spread status for a sweep. Honestly I'm easy with anything, just some thoughts I was playing with, I'm really not a stellar builder so go easy on me if these ideas are completely retarded, I was looking for something kinda gimmiky tho.

Last edited:
1515856640275.png

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower / Stealth Rock

I've always wanted to try building a team with Mamoswine, with its ability to check Lando, and a whole amount of pokemon just with its stab combo, but I'm not really good with building with it.So I just wanted to see what you guys could be able to come up with.

Nedor

thiccc
request:

requested by: Gareth de Voir
importable

yo, sorry for the wait this past 2 weeks has been pretty busy. so, m-diancie's typical role in a team is to break stuff down early-mid game, use its defensive utility to check certain threats, and revenge kill slower breakers. to make its offensive presence even stronger, i wanted to pair it up with sub steelium z magnezone to remove bulky steels, lure in and ohko offensive variations of lando-t, dent bulky grasses like av bulu, tang, m-venu, etc. with the original core i based the team off of, you need a defensive backbone that manages grounds and waters. i didn't necessarily want to use something like tangrowth with minimal offensive presence, so i decided on av tapu bulu to help pivot into ash gren, tapu koko, zygarde and scarf lele to an extent. natures madness also constantly keeps steel types like celesteela and m-scizor low as if they roost, magnezone can catch them easily, and if they decide to double they are in range of attacks from m-diancie. evs on this set 2hko sdef toxapex with wood hammer and hits a speed tier for jolly bisharp with the rest invested in bulk. although i had av bulu + zone, the team was still pretty weak to tapu lele in general, meaning a secondary steel would be appreciated. i decided on tect + toxic heatran that can scout zmoves / scarfers, whittle down teams very quickly and also provide a nice magearna answer. this set especially works nice in tandem with toxic + knock off toxapex which removes lefties and other items to help the offensive core of the team, while also still being able to play around volcarona (if you find volc to become too threatening, you can try payapa on toxapex along with tect heatran + pressure from sr). to round out the team with a glue, i felt like scarf landorus-t was an easy pick to provide role compression in a defogger, ground immunity, taking advantage of magnezone's support, etc.

this team has been doing very well for me but the only thing you may wanna consider is going with sr heatran + hp ice m-diancie which catches lead lando-t which can be slightly annoying to lead off against. have fun bro

another squad, bit more offensive:

import

ZangetsuShin13 btw, i'll have your zard-y team sometime this week, sorry for the delay :]

1515886019929.png

Requesting a team built around Weavile :)
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Weavile is a pretty cool offensive Pokemon. Hits pretty hard, has a great speed tier, and great STABs.

request:

requested by: Gareth de Voir
importable

yo, sorry for the wait this past 2 weeks has been pretty busy. so, m-diancie's typical role in a team is to break stuff down early-mid game, use its defensive utility to check certain threats, and revenge kill slower breakers. to make its offensive presence even stronger, i wanted to pair it up with sub steelium z magnezone to remove bulky steels, lure in and ohko offensive variations of lando-t, dent bulky grasses like av bulu, tang, m-venu, etc. with the original core i based the team off of, you need a defensive backbone that manages grounds and waters. i didn't necessarily want to use something like tangrowth with minimal offensive presence, so i decided on av tapu bulu to help pivot into ash gren, tapu koko, zygarde and scarf lele to an extent. natures madness also constantly keeps steel types like celesteela and m-scizor low as if they roost, magnezone can catch them easily, and if they decide to double they are in range of attacks from m-diancie. evs on this set 2hko sdef toxapex with wood hammer and hits a speed tier for jolly bisharp with the rest invested in bulk. although i had av bulu + zone, the team was still pretty weak to tapu lele in general, meaning a secondary steel would be appreciated. i decided on tect + toxic heatran that can scout zmoves / scarfers, whittle down teams very quickly and also provide a nice magearna answer. this set especially works nice in tandem with toxic + knock off toxapex which removes lefties and other items to help the offensive core of the team, while also still being able to play around volcarona (if you find volc to become too threatening, you can try payapa on toxapex along with tect heatran + pressure from sr). to round out the team with a glue, i felt like scarf landorus-t was an easy pick to provide role compression in a defogger, ground immunity, taking advantage of magnezone's support, etc.

this team has been doing very well for me but the only thing you may wanna consider is going with sr heatran + hp ice m-diancie which catches lead lando-t which can be slightly annoying to lead off against. have fun bro

another squad, bit more offensive:

import
Yoooo! No need to apologize though; thanks for the team/s! Gonna try these out soon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)