Resource USM OU Role Compendium

should shuckle be in web setters? i know it's not exactly good but it's as good of a web setter as the other 2 listed (and it traps with infestation but the other mons in there are actually good)

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I think Gliscor should definitely be added as a rocker. It's ranked A- and that's its primary set. I also think Mawile should be behind the bar as a rocker (and Gliscor in front of it) since it has trouble fitting it on its moveset (it has 4MSS as is even without rocks). I think Terrakion should be considered niche too as it's ranked C+ and can do without rocks.

Terrakion should also be listed as a niche >100 scarfer, along with Serperior. Maybe Scarfchomp too but I'm on the edge about that.

Also I think that at Set-up Sweepers it's meant to say Shift Gear instead of Autotomize since Magearna learns Shift Gear but none of the listed Pokémon learn Autotomize.

Last edited:
I think a all-out attacking section in the stallbreakers part, cause things like kyurem black and mega medicham are pretty good stallbreakers and both are not in the stallbreakers section

I think a all-out attacking section in the stallbreakers part, cause things like kyurem black and mega medicham are pretty good stallbreakers and both are not in the stallbreakers section
i think that's what wallbreakers are for, they don't do anything to stop a stall team other than outdamaging it which is the point of a wallbreaker.

something like mega gyarados can taunt the hazer and set up on it, which stall can't do anything about, breaking it. but if your kyu-b can't kill a slowbro, you're not breaking stall

Two potentials adds came to my mind while watching this.

The first one, I don't really know how common I would say it is but Defog is definitely an option on volcarona on stall, is it niche probably since it only fits in stalls, as a secondary defoger, which will mostly if not only defog if the opposing rock setter isn't something that pressure it such as clefable, which is an issue if you have only one defoger that doesn't pressure btw. So Imo, it deserve a mention.

The second one is not something I'm sure of but wouldn't kommo-o deserved to be nommed in the set up sweaper as other for his z move and maybe as dragon dancer since I think there are some Z clanger + dragon dance out there ?
I've implemented the Volc suggestion, thank you, but most of this was already in the compendium.

Azumarill can be a decent niche option on both rain and Trick Room.
Implemented, thank you!

I think the chart should include a trick/switcheroo section
Neither trick or switcheroo are relevant enough to be added, considering that nothing in the tier actually runs it aside from Jirachi and Blacephalon. It also isn't a role to begin with, so I will not be implementing this.

should shuckle be in web setters? i know it's not exactly good but it's as good of a web setter as the other 2 listed (and it traps with infestation but the other mons in there are actually good)
It's not ranked on the viability rankings, so it will not be implemented.

I think Gliscor should definitely be added as a rocker. It's ranked A- and that's its primary set. I also think Mawile should be behind the bar as a rocker (and Gliscor in front of it) since it has trouble fitting it on its moveset (it has 4MSS as is even without rocks). I think Terrakion should be considered niche too as it's ranked C+ and can do without rocks.
Don't know how I missed these, but these have been implemented.

Also I think that at Set-up Sweepers it's meant to say Shift Gear instead of Autotomize since Magearna learns Shift Gear but none of the listed Pokémon learn Autotomize.
There's no point in distinguishing this considering that it has the same effect as Agility, etc. This is just a nitpick at best.

I've actually been considering including a section labelled as something like "mons with a good stall matchup" which would include mons like those, but in the meantime, this won't be implemented as neither falls under either category.

Additionally, I've also:

• Moved both Pelipper and Victini to niche special wallbreakers following the most recent sets vr update; Specs Pelipper is considered a niche option because most rain builds prefer the general utility of the extended rain duration rather than having an additional breaker, which is why it's been unranked on the sets vr and has been listed as a niche option here. Similarly, Z-Celebrate Victini is ranked at C+ on the sets vr, meaning that it has been classified as niche here. If you're wondering why an entire set dictates Victini's viability as a special breaker, it's because it relies on that set to be labelled as a special breaker.
  • Added Clefable to the list of special wallbreakers; Life Orb Clefable is an incredibly good wallbreaker right now and its status as such should be reflected on the compendium.
  • Removed Tapu Bulu from taunt-based stallbreakers. Let's be real bulu hasn't run taunt since early sm, so I removed it to reflect that.
  • Added Magearna to Specially Defensive walls; defensive heart swap variants have existed for a considerable amount of time now
  • Added Mega Latias as a niche wish user; wish has seen a decent amount of usage recently on both offence and balance, so I'm adding it to the compendium to reflect that.
  • Added Magearna as a heal bell user; heal bell has been a set on stall for a long time now
  • Added Chansey and Mega Latias as Hwish users; moved Latias to niche. Chansey has been using Healing Wish for a considerable amount of time now and Mega Latias has begun to experiment with Hwish on certain offensive builds.
  • Removed Heatran from the list of scarf users; its a terrible set to begin with and is unranked on the sets vr.
I also reverted a few changes from the last update since the meta had developed further from then or in the case of pex, I completely forgot about block pex, which is a niche option on certain stall builds, so I've added that back in. As always, thank you for your suggestions and I'd like to hear some more if you have any!

e: updated to this vr update

Last edited:
i think that's what wallbreakers are for, they don't do anything to stop a stall team other than outdamaging it which is the point of a wallbreaker.

something like mega gyarados can taunt the hazer and set up on it, which stall can't do anything about, breaking it. but if your kyu-b can't kill a slowbro, you're not breaking stall
Yeah... but things like Tapu Koko are in the same place that is mega Medicham are kyurem, also Tapu Lele is in the stallbreakers section, but not for its choice specs sets that is the best for stallbreak
Then, I see things like haciendo Koko = medicham in the stallbreakers section a bit unfair

Yeah... but things like Tapu Koko are in the same place that is mega Medicham are kyurem, also Tapu Lele is in the stallbreakers section, but not for its choice specs sets that is the best for stallbreak
Then, I see things like haciendo Koko = medicham in the stallbreakers section a bit unfair
Actually, between its Choice Specs and Z-Move sets (Calm Mind or Taunt, though Taunt isn't very common nowadays), the Z-Move sets have far more potential to break stall teams, as there are less opportunities for a stall team to play around it, whereas they can mess around with Choice Specs Tapu Lele because of the fact that it's Choice-locked. Of course it's still not easy to deal with, but it's definitely not the hardest Tapu Lele set to deal with like you say either.

Hi again, I just wanna do a second post cause I just thinked that a section of volt-turn would be pretty useful.
Like, when I’m building I just realize that I don’t have a volt switch or u turn user with things that need it, and it could be pretty nice to have one section for that kind of situations ^
Edit: also, if it’s possible, separe the pokemon in defensive and offensive like in the pivots section would be wonderful :D

In the Set-up section, MeGallade and MegaChomp are listed as niche choices despite their recent rise to B- in the Viability Rankings (and their transition to the non-niche megas territory). Are these placements on purpose because they're still "new" entries in the meta (the former has just risen back to relevancy while the latter is mostly known for its mixed attacker / SR set) or is there need for some sort of update?

Hi again, I just wanna do a second post cause I just thinked that a section of volt-turn would be pretty useful.
Like, when I’m building I just realize that I don’t have a volt switch or u turn user with things that need it, and it could be pretty nice to have one section for that kind of situations ^
Edit: also, if it’s possible, separe the pokemon in defensive and offensive like in the pivots section would be wonderful :D
Most of these are listed under pivots already. In fact, all offensive pivots listed at the moment learn one of the two.

In the Set-up section, MeGallade and MegaChomp are listed as niche choices despite their recent rise to B- in the Viability Rankings (and their transition to the non-niche megas territory). Are these placements on purpose because they're still "new" entries in the meta (the former has just risen back to relevancy while the latter is mostly known for its mixed attacker / SR set) or is there need for some sort of update?
Yeah sorry this was a typo and I ended up fixing this a long while back. Thanks for the catch.

I feel like Ditto should have a special mention in the Stallbreaker section since it basically has infinite PP and when paired up with regen mons like Toxapex it can switch around forever and use the stall teams own longevity tools against them. Totally didn't plagiarize that sentence from someone.

I have a replay showing this in action. (It ended in a tie because I really needed to sleep at the time).
Skip to turn 34 to see the destruction begin.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-941259864

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)