DOU USUM Doubles Winter Seasonal Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1516080594903.png

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard USUM Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD. Coin flips will be done on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Dark Void
  • Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy
  • Eevium Z
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Power Construct

HOW TO SCHEDULE
^absolutely foolproof

For transparency, here is the challonge: http://challonge.com/usumwinterssnl

Pairings:
Frania
vs Alpha Rabbit
nadando vs Stan Soojung
Paraplegic vs Vin Maverick
talkingtree vs SirPirate
Psynergy vs bdov
byronthewellwell vs pqs
GRAND EMPRESS vs laptops
Qazoo306 vs mang@ tea
AuraRayquaza
vs Al-kun
Plas vs eren
Dunga
vs Artoria
EmbCPT vs iliketrains11
Z strats vs Hassin627
Leru vs megacyber
Kaori
vs Pinoy Pwnage
Renny_ vs Th3victinii
MajorBowman
vs MJ
ClaimingRobin vs TheThorn
deoxys speed
vs Jase Duken
Pigeons vs neomon
Level 51 vs NLSlayer21
Algeria4Ever vs KyleCole
GenOne
vs snagaa
sam-testings vs Nat
SMB vs praj.pran
zikam vs xXEricXx
Mr. Miner vs Mack Knife
Mint16
vs lhce628
Akaru Kokuyo vs Huston
Bongi vs DragonWhale
Memoric
vs RainDrop
zugubu royale vs Ctb659
stax vs Givrix
KevinELF
vs Watchog
Finchinator vs Whitewash
n10sit
vs pwndkthnx
Mishimono vs guivalgas
Sasa
vs Jrenner
Mr.GX vs Big_Danny_Mason
ryanblitz vs TheSlipperyGreninja
marilli vs The Cheesen One
Iggy96
vs NightLight26
Kudasai vs Jarii
Mizuhime vs S poi re
nvakna
vs Za Meowdo
entrocefalo vs CyndaKill-SH
Heliodor
vs false.
Chill Shadow vs Mikaav
Demantoid vs Quint_
EternalSnowman vs emiforbes
TSR vs zdrup15
Contact vs Saurav the great
miltankmilk vs DLT Alternative
Arcticblast vs Laga
kamikaze vs cielbakasan
Danisty vs Vallex
Croven
vs jo-doduo108
Drud vs atomicllamas
KazmaKing vs Luthier
Elise
vs Real FV13
Yellow Paint vs London13
Ark vs Aposteriori
ZoroDark vs RIPMyLifeFIR
Yoda2798 vs veristas

Let me know if anything looks incorrect and I'll do my best to fix it.

If you missed signups, feel free to post "in as sub" and I will add you to the sub list.

e: I will be doing the first activity sweep and make substitutions for inactive players on Thursday night. If you made it into the tournament, make sure you schedule your game by then! Scheduling via VM and posting in this thread are both good ways to ensure you aren't removed.

The deadline for this round is Monday, January 22, at 11:59 PM EST.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry I'm new but can anyone explain me what is a sub and why am I in it?
If signups exceed 128 people but don't reach a number big enough to use a 256-person bracket, not everyone is able to immediately join the tournament. The first 5/8 of the bracket (in this case, 80 people) is filled with the first 80 people to sign up, then the remaining 48 slots were filled using seeds from last year's circuit and randomizing the rest. If you didn't make it into the tournament at first, keep paying attention because usually a lot of people get subbed out round 1 for inactivity.

If signups exceed 128 people but don't reach a number big enough to use a 256-person bracket, not everyone is able to immediately join the tournament. The first 5/8 of the bracket (in this case, 80 people) is filled with the first 80 people to sign up, then the remaining 48 slots were filled using seeds from last year's circuit and randomizing the rest. If you didn't make it into the tournament at first, keep paying attention because usually a lot of people get subbed out round 1 for inactivity.
Thank you but does that mean I may not get to play?

Last edited:

sawamura

Banned deucer.
I communicate by this means to inform you that I have connection problems, I want to participate but I do not stop when I fix the problem. I ask Patience to my Rival :(

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
my opponent is taking his sweet ass time to respond to my VMs. Requesting Act. They also havent been on since sunday. I can still wait if that is what the tour director wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)