Unofficial Tournament Applications & Schedule (READ ME!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Tournament applications for April are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for April 2018:

April 5th - Mid-Gen Tour, hosted by Eseque -Type A- A Bo3 tournament of GSC, ADV, and DPP OU.
April 11th - Lower Tier Stadium, hosted by GustavoYAY -Type B- Bo3 lower tier tournament where each round one tier is set and the other two are picked by the players.
April 17th - The ADV Tournament, hosted by BKC -Team Tour- Team tour featuring all ADV metagames at once.
April 23rd - One Overused Tournament, hosted by Za Meowdo -Type B- Standard Bo3 SM OU tournament where the third game is played in DOU.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for May will open April 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Tournament applications for May are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for May 2018:

May 4th - Monotype UU, hosted by The Excadrill -Type B- Bo3 Monotype UU tournament.
May 9th - Best Friends Tournament, hosted by Diophantine -Team Tour- You sign up in pairs and play other pairs in three games of tiers you've selected.
May 14th - The All-Skill tournament, hosted by Lavos -Type A- Bo3 of GSC OU, ADV OU, and RBY OU always played in that order.
May 19nd - The Pound for Pound V, hosted by Rewer -Type B- Pairings are randomly assigned what tier they play as the round is posted, picked between Ubers, UU, RU, NU, and LC.
May 24th - Mix and Mega Ban Happy Tour, hosted by Quantum Tesseract -Type C- Every participant gets to ban something as they sign up, and the bans will carry throughout the tournament.
May 29th - Monotype LC, hosted by Seo. -Type B- Bo3 Monotype LC tournament.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for June will open May 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for June are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for June 2018:

June 6th - Best Factourney, hosted by HANTSUKI -Type C- Bo3 Battle Factory tournament. You don't even need to bring a team!
June 12th - BW2 NU - What Could Have Been, hosted by ScraftyIsTheBest -Type B- BW2 NU where one Ru Pokemon will be dropped each round.
June 18th - UBers Tournament, hosted by DMDW -Type B- SM Ubers tournament where you're required to use at least two UBs on every team.
June 24th - ZU Team Tour, hosted by Quantum Tesseract -Team Tour- Teams of three play ZU together.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for July will open June 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for July are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for July 2018:

July 5th - CAP Tournament, hosted by Birkal -Type B- Bo3 single elimination CAP tournament.
July 11th - The Random Trial, hosted by Ads20000 -Type C- Best of 5 featuring every generation of Random Battle, and each player is allowed to ban one generation each.
July 17th - Every tier tournament, hosted by Triopsman -Type C- SM tournament where your team has one Pokémon from each tier.
July 24th - The Ideal BW Lower Tier Tournament, hosted by cb aaron judge -Type B- Bo3 tournament featuring every lower tier in BW with some additional bans.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for August will open July 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for August are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for August 2018:

August 1st - GSC UU Tournament, hosted by Earthworm -Type B- Bo3 Single Elimination GSC UU tournament.
August 7th - Best (Monotype) Friends, hosted by dhaarma -Team Tour- You sign up in pairs and play other pairs in three games of tiers you've selected, Monotype style.
August 13th - BW Constrain, Edition II, hosted by The Quasar -Type B- BW OU tour which restricts the legal Pokemon each round.
August 19st - DPP OU + Latias, hosted by Merritt -Type B- Standard bo3 DPP OU but with Latias allowed.
A weekend late August or early September Stone_Cold is also going to start a series of live DPP OU tournaments with a playoffs similar to Smogon Tour.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for September will open August 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for September are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for September 2018:

September 7th - DUbers Jr., hosted by NintendoKenny -Type B- Best-of-Three Doubles Ubers tournament that bans some common Pokemon to give others a chance.
September 15th - Jewelry Gen UU Tour, hosted by Diophantine -Type B- Best-of-Three GSC, ADV and DPP UU tournament.
September 23rd - Sol Et Luna, hosted by DMDW -Team Tour- SM Ubers tour where you team up in pairs and are limited in which Sun and Moon version exclusives you are allowed to use.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for October will open September 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for October are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for October 2018:

October 4th - MOU Medley, hosted by Lutra -Type B- Best-of-Three RBY Mewbers where the winners of each game can no longer use Mew.
October 8th - Monotype Ghosting Tour, hosted by maroon and Perish Song -Team Tour- Teams of 2-4 players doing exactly what the name implies: legal ghosting.
October 13th - No Johns LC, hosted by jake -Type A- SM LC tour with 3 day deadlines.
October 17th - ZU Gods Among Us, hosted by Xayah -Type B- ZU Tour where each round a ZUBL Pokemon will be legal to use.
October 21st - SabOUtage, hosted by BlueIvy -Type B- SM OU tournament where the losers bans Pokemon that their opponent can't use for the next round.
October 25th - The Monotype Matchup Madness, hosted by Fantos13 -Type B- SM Monotype tournament but the type you're using will be randomized by the host.
October 29th - The Stour Tour, hosted by dhaarma -Type A- Standard Best-of-Three SM, ORAS, BW OU.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for November will open October 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for November are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for November 2018:

November 3rd - "Ubers Sucks lol !", hosted by SparksBlade -Type B- Liar's-Rule-No-Johns SM Ubers Bo3 Tournament.
November 7th - GSC NU Tournament, hosted by Earthworm -Type B- Single elimination Bo3 GSC NU tournament with the new tier list.
November 11th - ZU Best Friends Tournament, hosted by DurzaOffTopic -Team Tour- Two-on-Two SM ZU tournament.
November 15th - Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire OU - The ADV200 Cup!, hosted by Diophantine -Type B- Bo3 ADV200 Tournament.
November 19th - Double Bracket SM OU tour, hosted by sed -Type A- SM OU tournament where you're playing in two brackets at once.
November 23rd - Monotype UN-Ban Tournament, hosted by Havens -Type B- Bo3 SM Monotype tournament where some Pokémon for certain types are unbanned for use.
November 27th - Stigma Marks, hosted by DMDW -Type C- SM OU Tournament where you pick Pokemon that will eventually become illegal.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for December will open November 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for December are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for December 2018:

December 1st - Super Staff Bros Tour, hosted by HoeenHero -Type C- Best-of-3 in the popular PS Super Staff Bros format.
December 4th - LGPE OU Grand Opening Tournament, hosted by tennisace -Type B- Best-of-3 opening tour for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee OU.
December 8th - Gods Among us, SM LC Edition II, hosted by The Quasar -Type B- SM LC tour where each round a LC Ubers Pokemon will be legal for you to use.
December 13th - Scrabblemons Tournament II, hosted by Aaronboyer -Type C- SM OU tournament where your team has to match a randomly generated 6 letter word.
December 18th - Classic Warmup Tour, hosted by Fantos13 -Type A- Best-of-5 in all the Smogon Classic (RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, BW) OU metagames.
December 22nd - Monotype Ubers tournament, hosted by Lady Salamence -Type B- SM Monotype Ubers tournament.
December 27th - No Team Preview, hosted by Whydon -Type C- SM OU but without team preview to help you.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for January will open December 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for January are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for January 2019:

January 5th - Limited OU, hosted by EV -Type B- SM OU but only Pokemon released from DPP onwards are legal.
January 10th - Battle City IV, hosted by LL -Type A- Fourth iteration of the battle city tournament.
January 15th - ScOUting Tournament, hosted by Lady Salamence -Type B- Standard SM OU tour but both players sends an importable of their team to the opponent.
January 20th - Almost Exhibition, hosted by Xayah -Team Tour- 3v3 Team tour of ZU, AG and 1v1.
January 25th - OU No-Mega, hosted by Bloody alfa and Lord Thorx -Type B- Standard SM OU but no megas are allowed.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for February will open January 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for February are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for February 2019:

February 7th - The #pokemon Tournament III, hosted by BKC -Type A/2?- SM OU Tournament where you'll be limited to a set list of teams, but the teams will be decided publicly in live chat.
February 15th - Best Friends Tournament II, hosted by Diophantine -Team Tour- Who is the bestest of friends, really?
February 23rd - Alice in the Dragonland, hosted by Bloody alfa and Lord Thorx -Type B- SM OU tour but every Fairy type is banned.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for March will open February 16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for March are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for March 2019 (brought to you by BKC):

March 9th - The All-ADV Team Tournament II, hosted by BKC -Team Tour- Teams of 5 play each other in all sorts of ADV metagames.
March 15th - The Exhibition Penthalon, hosted by Lotus -Type A- Best-of-Three where you play 3 of Ubers, LC, PU, and Monotype each round.
March 21st - The Ho-Oh + Celebi GSC Tournament, hosted by BKC -Type B- GSC OU tournament, but Ho-Oh and Celebi are legal.
March 27th - GBU Singles Tour, hosted by Ika Ika Musume -Type A- Standard GBU (BW/BW2 BS) tournament.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. Tournament applications for April will openMarch16th and will close around the end of the month, so please make sure to submit your tournaments quickly to ensure full consideration. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Tournament applications for April are now CLOSED.

Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for April 2019:

April 8th - Seeded ADB/DPP/BW Tour, hosted by Bad Ass -Type A- Double Elimination ADB/DPP/BW tour that'll use a seeded bracket.
April 15th - The Ghosting Tour VI, hosted by Aurella -Type C- The only time ghosting is allowed.

I'm currently undecided on the future of unofficials in general, so no promises what will happen with this next month.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I'm going to open signups for unofficials again, with a few changes. This time I'm not going to close applications at any time, submit one whenever you feel like it. I'm still only going to post a schedule once per month, though. If a given month doesn't have enough viable applications there won't be any unofficials that month. I won't be posting a schedule with a single tournament for the whole month.

Also, because it's a question I keep getting to answer:
To apply for an unofficial tournament, post a thread in here outlining the format and any special rules your tournament will have. The amount of details you put into this post is up to you, but it needs to be detailed enough that the complete tournament format can be understood by reading the thread. For example, if you want to host a Best-of-Three USM OU tournament with no Z-Crystals, it would technically be enough to post "bo3 standard usm ou with z crystals banned" because every relevant detail is included there. If your format is more complicated, you need to give more details. Additionally, please state your availability for the month ahead when you post an application. It helps a lot when making a schedule that doesn't conflict with anything.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for July 2019:

July 6th - Let's Go OU Seasonal, hosted by Funbot28 -Type A- Standard Bo3 LGPE OU tournament.
July 12th - (USUM OU) First Blood, hosted by Skipkan -Type C- Whoever defeats one of the opponents Pokémon first is the winner.
July 18th - GSC Ubers, hosted by Earthworm -Type A- Standard Bo3 GSC Ubers tournament.
July 24th - Hackmons Cup Cream of the Crop Tour, hosted by Codsauce -Type C- Players submit teams they get from the Hackmons Cup ladder, then pick from the pool to play with.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for September 2019:

September 4th - No Johns DPP, hosted by jake -Type A- No Johns DPP OU tournament (short deadlines).
September 9th - Rainbow League III, hosted by Aishia -Type C- Players are randomly assigned colours and can only use Pokemon of that colour.
September 14th - Battle City V, hosted by Mannat -Type A- Fifth iteration of the battle city tournament.
September 19th - Liar's Rule OU 5, hosted by jacob -Type C- Both players state their next move every turn, but they're allowed to lie a few times per game.
September 23rd - The Crystal Cup, hosted by Diophantine -Team Tour- Teams of 3 playing GSC OU/UU/NU against each other.
September 28th - Smogon Tour 10.5, hosted by Energy -Type A- Throwback tour to Smogon Tour 10, playing DPP OU/UU/Ubers as was done then.

As always, if signups for a particular tournament aren't posted by the day after they're listed here, let me know and I'll hound the host. If your application for a previous month was not included (and was not outright denied), you must reapply to receive consideration for the following month. You can just bump the thread to do so, no need to post another.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for October 2019:

October 8th - Last Minute Building, hosted by Lotus -Type B- USM OU tournament where both players meet up, declare some bans, build a team, and fight right away afterwards.
October 16th - Restricted DPP Tournament, hosted by Badrat -Type C- USM OU but players are restricted to a certain selection of DPP Pokemon to use.
October 24th - Super Staff Bros Tour II, hosted by HoeenHero -Type C- The second Super Staff Bros Brawl tournament.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for November 2019:

November 6th - The Hoopa-Unbound ORAS OU Tournament, hosted by BKC -Type B- ORAS OU Tournament with Hoopa-Unbound allowed.
November 14th - 'Balanced Overused' Tournament, hosted by Charmflash -Type B- USM OU with Kartana and Mega Mawile banned.
November 22nd - The All-DPP Team Tournament, hosted by BKC -Team Tour- Teams of 5 play DPP OU, Ubers, UU, NU, and LC together.
November 30th - The SS OU Release Tournament, hosted by Valentine -Type A- The first Sword & Shield OU tournament. Starting date may change if PS isn't ready.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for January 2020:

January 9th - Classic Warmup Tour II, hosted by Fantos13 -Type A- Bo5 of all Smogon Classic generations of OU.
January 14th - Rigged (Monotype Edition), hosted by Splashbrutha -Type A- Standard SS Monotype tournament, but matchups each round will be manually assigned (rigged).
January 19th - GSC NU Tournament, hosted by Earthworm -Type B- Standard GSC NU tournament.
January 24th - Pick-the-Format Tournament, hosted by Shadowmonstr4 -Type A- Both players together pick 3 formats out of SS OU, UU, RU, DOU, and Ubers and play eachother in.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for February 2020:

February 11th - Monotype LC Tour II, hosted by Seo. -Type B- Bo3 SS Monotype LC tournament.
February 16th - UU Team Tournament, hosted by Juuno -Team Tour- SS/SM/ORAS/BW/DPP UU team tournament.
February 21st - IORAS 2v2 Doubles Tournament, hosted by Pokesartoolcay -Type B- Bo5 ORAS 2v2 Doubles.
February 26th - Monotye Old Gen Tour, hosted by Fantos13 and @Waveshaper -Team Tour- Teams of 3 play ADV/DPP/BW Monotype.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for May 2020:

May 5th - SS OU Crew Battle, hosted by Boat (phiwings99) -Team Tour- Teams of 3 having a crew battle against each other.
May 10th - Salamence DPP Tournament, hosted by BKC -Type A- DPP OU with Salamence unbanned.
May 15st - Ghosting Tour VII, hosted by Aurella -Type C/Team Tour- The 7th iteration of the Ghosting Tour.
May 20th - SM 2v2 Doubles Tournament, hosted by Poison Adhesive -Type A- Standard SM 2v2 Doubles Tournament.
May 25th - Random Tier Tournament, hosted by Expulso -Type C- Bo5 of 5 randomly selected formats.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Here is the unofficial tournament signups schedule for June 2020:

June 6th - SM Ubers Tournament, hosted by Lacus Ichinose -Type A- Best of 3 SM Ubers tournament.
June 11th - First Blood Tiny Edition, hosted by ForgottenOnes -Type C- First player to lose a Pokemon loses, LC edition.
June 16th - Sevii Isles Cup, hosted by Diophantine -Type B- Pretty much Inverse ADV 200, only FRLG Pokemon are available.
June 21st - Chessmons, hosted by Grillo and Gian -Type C- Each player picks a Mega (King) and Ubers (Queen). Games end when either king faints.
June 26th - Pyrotoz.com Tour II, hosted by MZ -Type C- Use PU teams generated from Pyrotoz.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)