UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
been thinking about a HO/offensive team around the core of Coba and Zam!

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock /sub/stone edge/volt switch/whatever

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

i tried building a team around the two but it wasn't very good :/
surprisingly they share quite a few similar counters/checks in doublade, sableye, and just fat stuff in general. hopefully they can wear down/eliminate the other's counters so one of them can sweep. Life orb on Zam for damage, but if sash ends up being better that works too lol. fourth slot on Coba is very up for grabs, i had stealth rock bc the rest of my team didn't have rocks.
Sam's set is also very flexible, although dazzling gleam is for Sableye, shadow ball for doublade, and psychic for stab so really i guess focus blast is the only slot that can be changed. um yeah thanks in advance!

Reactions: nv

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, Staraptor 4 UU! Your request has been granted!

Graff (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 184 Atk / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Double-Edge

Scarm (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Sticky Web

Cir (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Crash

Libic (Sharpedo) (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Destiny Bond

Alich (Whimsicott) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 132 Spe
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Malacoda (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

This team, which I dub "Yu-Gi-Oh: The Burning Abyss", is inspired after I lined up Spider-Pig, a secret ingredient in the second episode of Iron Chef Smogon: Underused, Season 2 which requires the core of Mamoswine and Galvantula to enter the challenge (which I tried to build one myself). Also, this team was born with Crawdaunt over Mega Sharpedo at first, since Crawdaunt was retested in the tier, until I found out that Mega Sharpedo is a nice addition for its Speed.

Anyway, my thought process for this team came from Mamoswine + Galvantula, a good core to pair with especially on Hyper Offense teams, especially that Galvantula has Sticky Web as a way to regulate Speed (while not necessarily used as a lead; as such, Life Orb is used for more power) and Mamoswine has a form of Priority in Ice Shard and can exert pressure to most defensive and balanced builds (and Freeze-Dry is there to at least bop Swampert, Seismitoad, and even Gyarados; a very good lure for some Bulky Waters with Ground typing, hence with Galvantula's absence of Energy Ball or Whimsicott's absence of Giga Drain). Before Mega Sharpedo came into action, I used Crawdaunt here to serve as another wall breaker for the team while it can also benefit from Galvantula's Sticky Web, which is a ridiculous bonus to have, until I eventually use Mega Sharpedo for hard-to-reach areas, such as Hydreigon (which I employed Destiny Bond here). Then, I have Whimsicott as a defensive pivot, and has another way of regulating Speed for the team in the form of Tailwind. Now that I lacked a more dedicated Stealth Rock user and a true win condition, I ended up using the dedicated Lead Aerodactyl (which became more popular this time thanks to its surreal Speed, which shifts Galvantula's role from a lead to a special wall breaker) and Lum Berry Dragon Dance Salamence (which is very standard).

Here are some of the possible changes you might even consider:
  • If you don't like Freeze-Dry on Mamoswine, you may opt to run Superpower as that is the only Fighting-type attack you need to ditch Porygon2 out of the way (or Knock Off to remove its Eviolite and render him useless for the rest of the match).
    • With that, you should run Energy Ball on Galvantula. You'll lack a super-effective hit against the likes of Swampert.
  • Yache Berry over Lum Berry on Salamence doesn't hurt really bad, either; there are no true Ice resists in this team and Mamoswine would be a huge nuisance to this team.
  • You may opt to run an offensive set on Whimisicott over its current defensive pivot one by maximizing Special Attack and Speed EV's. The nature of the team is very offensive, and making Whimsicott offensive doesn't hurt its utility that bad.
All questions and constructive criticisms regarding this team are widely accepted. Enjoy!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hehe, sorry for the double post.

Hello, Popcane! Your request has been granted (though I apologize if I didn't put Bold on Zapdos; there's a reason, anyway)!

Tove (Beedrill) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Ezra (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Toasty (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 176 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Nero (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Ursula (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Alexander (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Substitute

This team, which I dub as "Lunar Knights Terrenials", originally had Marill over Swampert (and catered to Marill most of the time). Because my team was initially built on Marill, I immediately have Chandelure as its immediate benefactor because of Memento that helps make the Marill sweep possible. With Chandelure, I need something to draw Steel-type Pokemon such as Mega Aggron such that Chandelure would deal damage to everyone else; that brought Mega Beedrill a warm welcome in this team. With Mega Beedrill's presence thanks to U-turn, it branches out a lot of possible plays; therefore a Stall breaker (when a certain Pokemon of that propensity switches in on Mega Beedrill) and some pivots came into play, with Hydreigon taking the Stall breaking role and Zapdos and Cobalion taking the role as defensive and offensive pivots, respectively.

For formality purposes, I'd ditch Marill into something else, and I would remember King UU's suggestion of running Swampert, which eventually shifted roles of some Pokemon in the team, most especially Cobalion. With Swampert granting Stealth Rock, Cobalion has freed up his slot and shifted his role as a Swords Dancer. With Swampert being a Physically Defensive Pokemon that can absorb any attack aimed at it, Zapdos transformed to a Specially Defensive Pokemon, sponging most attacks from the Special Spectrum. Finally, with Marill out of the picture, Chandelure's Memento may not be a necessity for the team, which freed up the slot for Energy Ball.

As said beforehand, this team is a lot flexible, so there are a lot of options worth considering:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind set > Choice Specs set on Chandelure. If you think Taunt Hydreigon isn't enough to handle Stall teams, then Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure is for you.
  • Seismitoad > Swampert. Lack of Water resists brought one Pokemon to mind that would be a huge nuisance to the team: Suicune. Seismitoad isn't definitely a bad choice here, and it can also run Stealth Rock. Power-Up Punch should also be an obligatory move so that it can deal decent damage against Suicune in return. However, if you think that Roar on Swampert is decent enough, that's fine.
  • Cobalion's Substitute can be replaced with Stone Edge, if you're way too paranoid of Hidden Power Grass Zapdos variants taking a toll on this team.
All questions and constructive criticisms regarding this team are widely accepted. Enjoy!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Requesting an offensive or balanced team made around Sableye.

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off / Foul Play

Sableye is an awesome spinblocker and stallbreaker thanks to it's typing, decent bulk, and ability in Prankster, and while it may seem odd to put him on an offensive team, all those traits I listed makes him a cool choice on these types of teams. Thanks in advance!

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Requesting an offense team built around Gyarados and M-Sceptile. One's an anti-meta mon that is really, really fast, the other is just a dangerous sweeper and wallbreaker, as well as having a good matchup versus some stallier teams with Sub. Don't really care too much about the mons themselves in terms of moves, so anything's fine really.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Brock Obama
Hey, thanks for waiting, here is your team.

Kyurem @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 Atk / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch/Knock off
- Gunk Shot

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- U-turn/Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Scald

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Hone Claws/Roost/Defog
- Stone Edge
- Crunch/Aqua Tail

Here we have got a nice bulky offense team, I kinda liked the suggestion since this Kyurem set was looking really interesting. Bulky offense is, in my opinion, the best style to allow this core to shine. So I added Swampert + Whimsi to add some support and defensive utility to the team. Toxicroak is great in this team, it adds a ton of defensive utility as well as an amazing win condition in this metagame. Then I decided to add aero for some more speed control and also because Aero is the best mega pokemon in this tier and it makes my teambuilding easier everytime. Usually my game plan is to set up rocks as soon as possible, then hitting hard with Kyurem/Toxicroak to allow Aero/Whimsi to clean the opposing team. Overall I really like this team and I also think it fits this metagame pretty well. Hope you enjoy !

Options

• Focus Blast over Earth Power on Kyurem, Focus Blast can hit Empoleon/Cobalion which carry Shuca Berry often.
• Knock off over Sucker Punch on Toxicroak can also work and lure doublade.
• Energy Ball over U-Turn on Whimsi. Yache can also help vs Mamo.
• Aero can run pretty much whatever you want, Defog might help cause the team is pretty weak to rocks but if you wanna go with Hone Claws it's also fine no matter what.

Last edited:
LorisMasta17

i like stealing formats heh

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Atk / 32 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave / HP Ice
- Roost
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

What's up man n_n I've already posted this team quite a few times on the UU forum but it fits the request so the builders and I agreed that I might as well post it again. This is pretty much a good example of what balance is in the current meta, with 2 fast offensive threats in Gyarados and Sceptile, and a fantastic defensive core in Swampert, Doublade, Zapdos, and Florges, which all compliment eachother's weaknesses very well. The main goal of this team is wearing the opposing team down w/ the defensive core/hazards and following up with a clean from Gyarados and Sceptile. There's a much better explanation of the team here if you want to read up some more: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/real-friends.3562775/ but yeah, hope you like it :]

Possible changes:
  • Tbolt > Volt Switch on Zapdos
    HP Ice > Heat Wave on Zapdos
  • Pursuit > Sacred Sword for Zam/Mega Bee
as for the scarf gyara request i can prolly work with it if you still want it
Nice team, I love Mega Sceptile as well so it's pretty cool it is on the team :]
As for the scarf Gyara, you can work on it if you don't have any other requests to work on, since you already gave me a team.

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
bsu

Also stealing format hehe.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Cobalion @ Lum Berry / Leftovers / Shucca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott (M) @ Pixie Plate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Encore

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect
- U-turn

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb / Draco Plate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

I started with LO Zam and SD Stone Edge Coba. Psychic over Psyshock on Zam because other members could cover things that I would want to hit with Psyshock. Lum Berry is the first slash on Coba for a chance to lure Sableye in and take it down. Next, I added Whimsicott, as it's nearly a necessity for a good amount of offensive teams. This gave me a soft special dragon check and helps to really pressure water types. I later decided to put Stun Spore over u-turn to help with some faster threats, mostly MAero. If you decide you prefer U-turn, make sure to change the Attack IVs back to 31. I chose Beedrill as my mega because I wanted to not worry too much about psychics and fairies later. Its great speed, power, and ability to gather momentum also let it fit nicely. Jolly nature because scarfed Chandy was/is a threat and because the team appreciated the tie with opposing base 145s. I wanted a ground type to deter volt switch and I also noticed that I was pretty weak to Mega Sceptile, so I added Mamoswine next. I decided to put SR on this because it often forces switches and I wanted to run Stone Edge on Coba, but that was all just preference. Feel free to change the sets as you see fit. Lastly, I needed hazard clearer and fire check that would also keep this team offensive. Special defog Mence was an obvious choice. Life Orb is my first slash on it because I usually end up really appreciating the power boost. However, it's the only Fire check on the team, so if you feel like you struggle with Entei and the likes and rather not have recoil damage, Draco Plate works.

Possible changes:

- U-turn > Stun Spore on Whimsicott
- Different 4th move slot on Coba (Volt Switch / Stealth Rock)
- Knock Off > Stealth Rock on Mamo (only if you add Stealth Rock on Coba).
- Draco Plate > Life Orb on Salamence.

bsu

Also stealing format hehe.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Cobalion @ Lum Berry / Leftovers / Shucca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott (M) @ Pixie Plate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Encore

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect
- U-turn

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb / Draco Plate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

I started with LO Zam and SD Stone Edge Coba. Psychic over Psyshock on Zam because other members could cover things that I would want to hit with Psyshock. Lum Berry is the first slash on Coba for a chance to lure Sableye in and take it down. Next, I added Whimsicott, as it's nearly a necessity for a good amount of offensive teams. This gave me a soft special dragon check and helps to really pressure water types. I later decided to put Stun Spore over u-turn to help with some faster threats, mostly MAero. If you decide you prefer U-turn, make sure to change the Attack IVs back to 31. I chose Beedrill as my mega because I wanted to not worry too much about psychics and fairies later. Its great speed, power, and ability to gather momentum also let it fit nicely. Jolly nature because scarfed Chandy was/is a threat and because the team appreciated the tie with opposing base 145s. I wanted a ground type to deter volt switch and I also noticed that I was pretty weak to Mega Sceptile, so I added Mamoswine next. I decided to put SR on this because it often forces switches and I wanted to run Stone Edge on Coba, but that was all just preference. Feel free to change the sets as you see fit. Lastly, I needed hazard clearer and fire check that would also keep this team offensive. Special defog Mence was an obvious choice. Life Orb is my first slash on it because I usually end up really appreciating the power boost. However, it's the only Fire check on the team, so if you feel like you struggle with Entei and the likes and rather not have recoil damage, Draco Plate works.

Possible changes:

- U-turn > Stun Spore on Whimsicott
- Different 4th move slot on Coba (Volt Switch / Stealth Rock)
- Knock Off > Stealth Rock on Mamo (only if you add Stealth Rock on Coba).
- Draco Plate > Life Orb on Salamence.
ey thanks so much dude i'll definitely be testing this team hehe :]

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would like to request a bulky offense / balance team around Mega Abomasnow and Moltres.
I've been messing around with the core quite a bit lately but haven't come up with a team I was comfortable with yet.
Abomasnow is a great anti-meta pick right now while Moltres is a decent wallbreaker with high damage output and miserable accuracy (rip).
They both appreciate hazard removal and don't like hot water. I'm not married to the Abomasnow set but I'd like to keep LO on Moltres.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Moltres @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Thanks in advance!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Aight sorry for also asking for a Moltres team, but I have been trying to work on this for a while
I would like to request a team built around a Offensive core I came up with of Crawdaunt+Moltres! These 2 work so well together its crazy, but I will go more into detail.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Moltres @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

These 2 work so well together. Crawdaunt+Moltres have great defensive synergy, type wise. Crawdaunt is weak to grass, bug, fighting, fairy, and Moltres 4x resists 2 of those, and easily deals with the other 2. The offensive synergy is also very good. Moltres helps deal with many of Crawdaunt counters, such as Poliwrath, Shaymin, Tangrowth, Chesnaught, Salamence, etc. Crawdaunt helps deal with the rock types that give Moltres trouble and can take out Mega-Aerodactyl. The other thing as well is that these 2 have IMMENSE wallbreaking power, and can really break a lot of the balance core archetype's. This was a core I wanted to build around right when Crawdaunt dropped.

Anyway, I think some things that would work VERY well with this core is definetly some speed control, as they would both love that support of outspeeding threats. And obviously some hazard control, as Moltres doesnt like rocks a whole lot haha.
Also I would like to ask you Lord Esche if you would like to use this team as your submission, seeing as we both asked for a team with Moltres on it, if not thats totally fine=)

Thank you in advance builder and if you need me to help with any builds, seeing as you guys have TONS of Submissions, I would be glad to help. =)

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
LittleRunnerXC Crawdaunt is deinitely a cool pick as a partner for Moltres too, I agree. Of course I wouldn't mind a team built around both of them either.
But I think I'd rather leave the choice to the builders which core they want to build around (: Moltres love <3

Last edited:
Could I get a team built using the following core?

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Happiness: 0
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Frustration

Feel free to switch the Heliolisk to a different speced volt switcher if you think it will significantly improve the team. I've been trying to get this work for weeks now and can't seem to put something together that is any good.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
obii the might of the Golden Armada is at your command (i.e. I made you a team and am taking a page out of my tutor's book by shamelessly stealing Pearl's format)!

I ended up creating a nice balance team that has multiple ways to win the game and wear down the opponent until one of its win conditions is in a position to finish off the opponent. Hopefully this fits with what you want and provides sufficient offensive presence even though it plays fairly patiently.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Florges @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Alakazam @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail

When I first saw the request for a balance/bulky offense team around Alakazam and Escavalier, I immediately thought of Swampert as a partner for those two. It's one of my go-to Pokemon on balance teams because of its ability to compress a variety of roles into one slot (you get a fat Water-type, a fat Ground-type, Stealth Rock, etc.). I felt it would be a good fit here because it has solid typing synergy with Escavalier and the ability to handle stuff like Entei and Doublade, as well as other Fire- and Steel-types that give the proposed core trouble. At that point, I realized that both Swampert and Escavalier were susceptible to chip damage, so I added Florges to the team to provide Wish/cleric support and provide more longevity to the rest of the team. It also has excellent typing synergy with Swampert and Escavalier, since both of them are happy to switch in on Poison- or Steel-type attacks to receive a Wish. Since you wanted the team to keep offensive presence, I decided to avoid a more passive permutation of the team and went with Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl to add a win condition and some speed control. The EV spread lets Mega Aerodactyl survive Life Orb Mamoswine's Ice Shard after Stealth Rock and guarantee a KO with Aqua Tail after Stealth Rock and one round of Life Orb recoil (216 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 306-362 (85.2 - 100.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock). It also has a good chance to KO after just one of Stealth Rock and Life Orb Recoil, but needs both to secure it. If necessary, EVs can be removed from Speed and added to Attack to ensure the KO, but I feel that outspeeding Gyarados is more important, since it's a pretty big threat. Finally, I saw that the team could still benefit from a way to deal with bulky Water-types and wanted a better matchup against stall. Toxicroak fit the bill and helps round out the team by giving it a wallbreaker and another potential win condition.

Possible changes:
  • Alakazam: running a spread of 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe to survive Doublade's Shadow Sneak and Entei's Extremespeed is an option, and one I would personally recommend. Doublade can put in some decent work against this team, so having the ability to take a Shadow Sneak and get it low in return takes the pressure off Swampert to stay at high HP in order to check it. Shadow Ball doesn't outright OHKO, but Doublade's pretty easy to chip, and more Entei insurance is never exactly a bad thing.
  • Swampert can run a different move in the fourth slot. Hidden Power Electric lets you take on Gyarados more easily without having to Roar it out and putting yourself on a timer to get Mega Aerodactyl in. Ice Beam and Toxic are also options if you feel you need them, although Roar is probably the move with the most overall value. You can also change the EVs to creep opposing Swampert and anything that tries to beat Relaxed Swampert if you feel the need.
  • Escavalier can run Knock Off over Drill Run if you'd rather have the ability to remove Items instead of the coverage.
  • Aerodactyl can run Earthquake over either Wing Attack or Aqua Tail, depending on what you want to cover, in order to hit Doublade more easily. That said, be sure to take care that you can handle whatever Mega Aerodactyl can't check without whatever coverage move you forego for Earthquake in some other way.
  • Toxicroak can run the set provided below if you find yourself having trouble with stall (defensive Salamence in particular).
Toxicroak @ Expert Belt
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

This set is designed to beat defensive Salamence so that Toxicroak can break stall more effectively, as this team relies on it pretty heavily in its matchups vs. common stall builds. 64 Defense EVs ensure that it will always survive a 0 Atk Earthquake and Expert Belt guarantees that it can KO Salamence after Stealth Rock with Stone Edge (Gunk Shot isn't a sure thing if Salamence runs even minimal Defense investment) without KOing itself with Life Orb recoil.

I didn't say this earlier because I didn't want to clutter up the thread unnecessarily, but I'd like to thank NV for allowing me the opportunity to take part in this project and become more involved in the community and Shiba for tutoring me and recommending that I be added to the building team. I'll do my best to live up to the expectations of the community and the other builders and look forward to building around more requests in the future!

Last edited:
obii the might of the Golden Armada is at your command (i.e. I made you a team and am taking a page out of my tutor's book by shamelessly stealing Pearl's format)!

I ended up creating a nice balance team that has multiple ways to win the game and wear down the opponent until one of its win conditions is in a position to finish off the opponent. Hopefully this fits with what you want and provides sufficient offensive presence even though it plays fairly patiently.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Florges @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Alakazam @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail

When I first saw the request for a balance/bulky offense team around Alakazam and Escavalier, I immediately thought of Swampert as a partner for those two. It's one of my go-to Pokemon on balance teams because of its ability to compress a variety of roles into one slot (you get a fat Water-type, a fat Ground-type, Stealth Rock, etc.). I felt it would be a good fit here because it has solid typing synergy with Escavalier and the ability to handle stuff like Entei and Doublade, as well as other Fire- and Steel-types that give the proposed core trouble. At that point, I realized that both Swampert and Escavalier were susceptible to chip damage, so I added Florges to the team to provide Wish/cleric support and provide more longevity to the rest of the team. It also has excellent typing synergy with Swampert and Escavalier, since both of them are happy to switch in on Poison- or Steel-type attacks to receive a Wish. Since you wanted the team to keep offensive presence, I decided to avoid a more passive permutation of the team and went with Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl to add a win condition and some speed control. The EV spread lets Mega Aerodactyl survive Life Orb Mamoswine's Ice Shard after Stealth Rock and guarantee a KO with Aqua Tail after Stealth Rock and one round of Life Orb recoil (216 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 306-362 (85.2 - 100.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock). It also has a good chance to KO after just one of Stealth Rock and Life Orb Recoil, but needs both to secure it. If necessary, EVs can be removed from Speed and added to Attack to ensure the KO, but I feel that outspeeding Gyarados is more important, since it's a pretty big threat. Finally, I saw that the team could still benefit from a way to deal with bulky Water-types and wanted a better matchup against stall. Toxicroak fit the bill and helps round out the team by giving it a wallbreaker and another potential win condition.

Possible changes:
  • Alakazam: running a spread of 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe to survive Doublade's Shadow Sneak and Entei's Extremespeed is an option, and one I would personally recommend. Doublade can put in some decent work against this team, so having the ability to take a Shadow Sneak and get it low in return takes the pressure of Swampert to stay at high HP in order to check it. Shadow Ball doesn't outright OHKO, but Doublade's pretty easy to chip, and more Entei insurance is never exactly a bad thing.
  • Swampert can run a different move in the fourth slot. Hidden Power Electric lets you take on Gyarados more easily without having to Roar it out and putting yourself on a timer to get Mega Aerodactyl in. Ice Beam and Toxic are also options if you feel you need them, although Roar is probably the move with the most overall value. You can also change the EVs to creep opposing Swampert and anything that tries to beat Relaxed Swampert if you feel the need.
  • Escavalier can run Knock Off over Drill Run if you'd rather have the ability to remove Items instead of the coverage.
  • Aerodactyl can run Earthquake over either Wing Attack or Aqua Tail, depending on what you want to cover, in order to hit Doublade more easily. That said, be sure to take care that you can handle whatever Mega Aerodactyl can't check without whatever coverage move you forego for Earthquake in some other way.
  • Toxicroak can run the set provided below if you find yourself having trouble with stall (defensive Salamence in particular).
Toxicroak @ Expert Belt
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

This set is designed to beat defensive Salamence so that Toxicroak can break stall more effectively, as this team relies on it pretty heavily in its matchups vs. common stall builds. 64 Defense EVs ensure that it will always survive a 0 Atk Earthquake and Expert Belt guarantees that it can KO Salamence after Stealth Rock with Stone Edge (Gunk Shot isn't a sure thing if Salamence runs even minimal Defense investment) without KOing itself with Life Orb recoil.

I didn't say this earlier because I didn't want to clutter up the thread unnecessarily, but I'd like to thank NV for allowing me the opportunity to take part in this project and become more involved in the community and Shiba for tutoring me and recommending that I be added to the building team. I'll do my best to live up to the expectations of the community and the other builders and look forward to building around more requests in the future!
Hey, thanks for the team! I initially thought that the lack of hazard control would be troubling even more so since aero isn't carrying roost but having wish florges on the team is a great way to counteract. Thanks again.

Can i get a build on Band Krookodile and Mega aerodactyl.
Band Krookodile is a great wallbreaker in the current meta with the ability to bluff scarf(maybe).
and Aerodactyl Mega can handle the grass types and fighting types for krook.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

It depends on the builder to adjust the moves, nature or EVs.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Roost

again Builders are free to adjust moves , EVs , or nature depending on the build.
:) Thanxs

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Dr Ciel

(if you can't beat them, join them)

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

So Swords Dance Pangoro is a really amazing wallbreaker although it suffers from a lot of problems such as being fairly slow and not having the greatest abilities when compared to the likes of SD Heracross. That being said, Pangoro has STAB Knock Off and better "switchin" opportunities such as a Psychic immunity, as well as a 4x Dark resist. Pandablade was a core I used back when the Pangoro suspect happened in RU and it does very well here in UU as Doublade can trap a lot of the things that threaten Panda with Pursuit such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill as well as becoming a secondary win condition. Zapdos was added to take care of bulky Waters as well as hazard control. Swampert was added next to take on Fire-types that currently threatened the team as well as provide entry hazards. Mega Aerodactyl is arguably the best Mega we have in UU and it was a nice addition as it outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame. The EVs are made sure to survive an Ice Shard from Jolly Life Orb Mamoswine after Stealth Rock damage and proceed to OHKO it with Aqua Tail after Life Orb damage. Lastly, I added Whimsicott as it provided a reliable Krookodile check as well as a soft Hydreigon check, which this team sorely lacked.

Possible Changes
  • Florges > Whimsicott gives this team a more reliable Hydreigon answer while also providing a better MegaToise check. This does leave you more Krookodile weak and slow, but it provides cleric and Wish support.
  • Offensive EVs on Whimsicott can provide the team with a way of making sure Hydreigon and Salamence are as much of a problem, but the bulk currently provided makes Whimsicott the great pivot it needs to be for this team.
I hope you enjoy the team, because I do n_n

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Dr Ciel

(if you can't beat them, join them)

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

So Swords Dance Pangoro is a really amazing wallbreaker although it suffers from a lot of problems such as being fairly slow and not having the greatest abilities when compared to the likes of SD Heracross. That being said, Pangoro has STAB Knock Off and better "switchin" opportunities such as a Psychic immunity, as well as a 4x Dark resist. Pandablade was a core I used back when the Pangoro suspect happened in RU and it does very well here in UU as Doublade can trap a lot of the things that threaten Panda with Pursuit such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill as well as becoming a secondary win condition. Zapdos was added to take care of bulky Waters as well as hazard control. Swampert was added next to take on Fire-types that currently threatened the team as well as provide entry hazards. Mega Aerodactyl is arguably the best Mega we have in UU and it was a nice addition as it outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame. The EVs are made sure to survive an Ice Shard from Jolly Life Orb Mamoswine after Stealth Rock damage and proceed to OHKO it with Aqua Tail after Life Orb damage. Lastly, I added Whimsicott as it provided a reliable Krookodile check as well as a soft Hydreigon check, which this team sorely lacked.

Possible Changes
  • Florges > Whimsicott gives this team a more reliable Hydreigon answer while also providing a better MegaToise check. This does leave you more Krookodile weak and slow, but it provides cleric and Wish support.
  • Offensive EVs on Whimsicott can provide the team with a way of making sure Hydreigon and Salamence are as much of a problem, but the bulk currently provided makes Whimsicott the great pivot it needs to be for this team.
I hope you enjoy the team, because I do n_n
This team looks extremely cool, effective, and powerful. I can't wait to test it out this week ! n_n

Lord Esche Here you go n_n
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Zoroark @ Black Glasses
Ability: Illusion
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower

Specs Moltres Balance

• Explanation
First off, I want to apologize from deviating from your core just a bit. The reasons I chose to deviate is my familiarity with the pokemon and what works better from personal experience. I made the Moltres specs over life orb because it is x4 weak to rocks and taking away more health from it can potentially cost it a turn of effectiveness. I know Roost is an attractive option but I rather just kill the thing in front of me rather than roost on it. Abomasnow works a lot better with more bulk and seedbomb. Once again, Aboma is weak to rocks and its health is very important to the team. Seeing these two having nice synergy but an obvious rock weakness, I thought it best to add an Empoleon in the mix (the reason I took the request tbh). Empoleon is very good at switching in on common pokes in UU and either getting rid of hazards, or setting some up on it's own. The flying and rock resist seemed almost to mesh perfectly with the original core.

Now, I made this team once before and it got destroyed by three attacks SD Cobalion which is really common now-a-days. Shout outs to Cyndequil. for helping me realizing this and finding a solution. My fighting resist could not be a Moltres and I also need something to take on EQ Mega Aerodactyl so Slowking was a great option. This also means, that I don't have to mess around with Entei predictions with Molttress. In fact, Moltres should not be apart of my defensive synergy at all. It loses its effectiveness as a wall breaker if it has a hand in my defensive synergy.

My last two mons were my preference alone. I needed the a fast dark resist and a fairy type is always good so I added a Leftovers Whimsicott (which I have never used before). Offensive water types are getting more popular as some of them are the best sweepers in the tier at the moment. Whimsicott not only helped with those, but also takes knock offs, scared set up sweepers, and acts as a nice pivot for regen Slowking and Moltress. My last pokemon is something that could (if had to) take a dark moves and was faster than Zapdos. I chose Zoroark because it had powerful priority for Zam and was fast. The illusion is nice sometimes but in no way has to be pulled off in order for Zoroark to be effective on this team. Flamethrower is for all those justified users and possible whimi switch ins. It can work well with Illusion if you are trying to be a Moltres.

• Possible Changes
Zoroark's Flamerthrower -> Lowkick/ FocusBlast
I have not fighting type attacks on my team which isn't that big of a problem since Abomasnow kills off P2, Snorlax, and Blissey. It would still be nice to have. It is probably a better option but I love the Moltres lure too much!​
Mega Abomasnow's Earthquake -> Brick Break
This would give me more health after beating a bulky normal type which can always be useful on a hail inducer with priority. I miss out on doing damage to incoming Entei and Arcanine. I do less to non-shuca Cobalion which can be a pain.​
Moltres' U-turn -> Ancient Power
Mega Aero is really common right now and Rotom-H is actually a problem for this team to an extent. I really like the U-turn for Stall teams that like to just throw in Blissey against this thing. It is nice to kill something and not be locked into a move that makes you lose spAtt or misses every other turn.​

• Team Accomplishments
I made an alt and only used this team until I got to 1600's and these are my results
View attachment 57499
Two games I choked and the rest I lost fairly. It is a really solid team on ladder and there are things I don't get to pull off with it get because it is ladder. You don't really get to battle the best of the best there. I also won a couple room tours with this team and faced a few friends. I am very proud of this creation and find it very effective as of now. I hope you enjoy it too!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-332460356
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-333833419
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-332016316
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-332012808

hi

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

The concept between these two is pretty simple. SD Escavalier is verily its best set rn and incredibly underrated, really don't see why everyone is hyping on AV for when there are other trappers (like Mega Aero). So SD Escavalier breaks down a ton of defensive cores, which Mega Aerodactyl struggles a bit more with. Mega Aerodactyl fills the void of not being able to excel against offense while filling a trapping role.

Would be great to see any variant of offense with this core since offense is king rn, although Escavalier HO is pretty silly. It's pretty obvious that Swampert is the best setter as well so *hint hint*.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so I got two things for you guys...

1. Welcome Cyndequil. to the Lab! An amazing rater and an amazing person, she is sure to be an amazing builder!
2. I have a request for any builder who wants to take it on...
+

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

SabBliss is something I've always wanted to build with, but I cannot do it successfully (my lack of will for stall matches is real). Basically Sableye deters most physical attackers and softens them up for Blissey while Blissey tanks special hits for days. Big weaknesses to this core in particular are TSpikes (which also really help out this core as well), Fire-types such as Entei and Infernape since they cannot be burned, and most stallbreakers (SubCM Chandelure, Guts SD Hera, etc.). Now here's the kicker...I would like this to be a semi-stall team as I really appreciate the support this core gives and it can help a lot more on semi-stall than pure stall imo.

With that, congratulations to Cyndequil. and good luck with my request builders! n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)