Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Critical Meme, that balance looks super duper solid, and its interesting to use Terrakion where something like Heracross would normally be. Don't like the SD Gliscor matchup though, maybe a different Scarfer over Rotom or an Ice move somewhere would be better (don't see the point in needing Rotom for Scizor when you have Fire Punch Aggron, Tentacruel and Z Epower Celebi).

Congrats to me for doing this on time and to slurmz eren for sweeping the vote this week!

We just got brand new tier shifts, so you know how this goes! This week will go to one of our new UU companions, Stakataka. Sporting good Attack and even better defenses, combined with one of the lowest Speed stats in all of Pokemon, Stakataka packs a mean punch with an absurdly strong Gyro Ball that can send just about anything that doesn't resist it right back to their Poke Ball. While it does carry some impressive firepower, it can often be held back by its limited coverage outside of its STABs, as well as being vulnerable to common Water-, Fighting-, and Ground-type moves. Submissions due on Saturday!

Ayy it's the boy big stak, my favorite drop of our shifts; the blessing in disguise since i was misguided and thought that Alo-Wak was the savior.
1516083402465.png1516083436241.png1516083569539.png1516083630253.png1516083652332.png1516083681364.png
(the team)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This team's a pretty simple one; I wanted Stakataka to put in work so I surrounded it with things like Aboma-M and Azu to help pose a threat to some of the mons that Stakataka has a hard time breaking thru. Added Hippo for Sandstorm Support for that Sp.Def Boost that Stakataka enjoys having and we were off to a good start. The team at that point had little to no longevity for its breakers so I thought there was no better way to support that than adding a Healing Wish cleric in Scarf Latias, which has proved to be the right move (although maybe not the right mon, this team is still in the editing process although it has been solid for the most part). Overall this team is pretty enjoyable and Stakataka is no slouch whatsoever. I'm usually impressed by everything that it accomplishes in most MUs, and if it doesn't accomplish much it pressures the hell of out the opposing defensive core which is also helpful.

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Stakataka @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 208 HP / 120 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Defog
So my boy Sage of the 6 was talm bout a team he made, which was Choice Band Stakataka balance, it sounded like fun so I wen't ahead and made a version of it. So I decided to form a core with Scarf Lati + Band Staka due to Lati's immunity to ground, and resistance to water and fighting, while also providing speed control right off the bat. Now this core will definitely have some issues with a few pokemon, a couple of them being Scizor, Mega Altaria, etc. Vileplume hard walls DD variants of Malt (which are really the variants were worried about), and also does a solid job at checking Scizor due to the more defensive/mixed spread that can efficiently check things like Scizor as well as things like Serperior. Now to avoid getting bopped by opossing Staka's and for a physical wall and rocker, I went with Swampert because of it's ability to do both of these things along with having access to Roar. Now I thought this team desperately needed a Lati check other than Staka since I didn't wanna rely on Staka as my switch in for something like Lati and would prefer it to be healthy as possible to I can freely and brainlessly click Gyro Ball and kill things, so I went with Mega Altaria because of the lack of Fairy types, great typing, etc. Now to round the squad out I wanted removal, and I realized I might as well click X against Mamoswine, and having another Scizor check could be extremely beneficial due to Vileplume being my best bet against Scizor, so I wen't with Rotom-Heat to do the job for me. - vivalospride

PS: I've used sei's squad and can confirm it's heat.

Last edited:

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Uxie @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Memento
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Level: 98
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Focus Punch
- Stealth Rock

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonblast
- Psychic

So with new drops, tr has gone up in viability. Still gimmicky and unreliable, but slightly more frightening. Uxie and Cresselia are staples on any tr team, setting tr early game and mid-to-late game respectively. Uxie is EV'd to live a modest specs Shadow Ball from Chandelure and a jolly banded Knock Off from opposing Crawdaunt, thanks to Darkinium Z. Colbur Berry on Cresselia. Crawdaunt, Marowak-A, and Camerupt-M have fluid roles, i.e they can either break early-to-mid game, or clean up late game. With rocks up, Fire Blast into Explosion ko's Blissey, even with lefties. Stakataka is an amazing cleaner and can set for itself if needed, sporting massive physical bulk. Level 96 so the speed hits 29. Focus Punch on Marowak-A for Hydreigon and Krook, if they dare switch in.

As tr is heavily based on matchup, some things aren't as fun to play as others. Offensive builds will almost always fall, but bulkier teams may be harder to break. Stall is difficult as Crawdaunt is the only mon that can remotely dent it, but because it is min speed, but it can break enough holes that the rest of the team can win. Latias and Hydreigon are problematic because of their typing, and opposing Crawdaunt, Krookodile, and Azumarill are extremely problematic due to their physical wallbreaking capabilities and typing. SubSeed Serperior is difficult as well because it subs and wastes turns, while boosting. But let's hope they both disappear via council vote

Last edited:

(just click to see the team in detail)
The main objective of the team is to use Stakataka as a Late-Game Sweeper. One of the few things that can deal with it are Bulky Ground Type and Kommo-O with Bulletproof and that's why I play in the team Sub Seep Serperior and CB Azumarill. This 2 Pokemon can pressure the most common check to Stakataka and they can weaken Stall. Latias Scarf is for Speed Control and Healing Wish is trully amazing if I want to heal Staka or the Stallbreaker/Wallbreaker. Then we have Tentacruel to spin and Hippowdon to set up SR and the Sand which allows Stakataka to set up Trick Room on a lot of Special attackers. The team can deal with most of the UU (but it straight up lose vs Scarf Serperior :<).

Rebecca Stack (Stakataka) @ Rockium Z
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Obamasnow (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Doll From Bloodborne (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

HydreiBEGONE (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

chuggy buggy (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 64 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Swampgogurt (Swampert) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Id like to start off with saying I apologize for putting another stakataka + mabom core (I didnt actually realise sei posted a team with that as I was thinking of the core to start with)

With that being said, I wanted to build around stakataka and mabomanosw together because of their amazing offensive synergy with mabomasnow being able to deal with the large majority of stakatakas hard counters. stakataka also helps abomasnow with being able to take out more specially bulky mons such as blissey and sylveon. Mabom also works well with stakatakas trick room, thus the min speed on both.

Next is sylveon, and I decided that with a bulky offensive core like this I needed some sustain to the team aswell as a solid switchin to hydreigon, my answer lied in sylveon.

Speaking of hydreigon I origionally had a life orb defog set on hydreigon, but decided to change it to scarf and change scizor to bulky defog as I struggled to fit any speed control on this team other than the niche of trick room. This can be changed if you use this team.

Scizor is my defogger and also acts as a hard counter mega sharpedo, a decent check to stakataka if its used its z move and swampert is low and to provide some fair momentum to the team. Also gives me an answer to togekiss which is scary.

Swampert is our rocker and also helps by phazing out mons such as vincune who can cause problems if not played around currectly.

If someone were to use this team I suggest playing around with hydreigon and scizors sets as I found that defog scizor is not exactly the most solid defogger, but it gets the job done for what it is.

Also this team has some of the best nicknames ive ever created so like this post so I feel good about myself. S/o pif for that scizor set so bam nickname as tribute

Last edited:

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog

Ability: Lightning Rod
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Toxic
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Necrozma @ Odd Incense
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Photon Geyser
- Heatwave

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Grass Knot

Okay this team isn't perfect yet, but I think I might be on to something pretty cool here. I wanted to make a sorta unique form of 1/2 TR so this is my attempt at that. Stakataka does what it does, it breaks things. Unaware Quag walls pretty much all of the physical meta. All you have to do is watch out for the occasional Bloom Doom Nape and don't be dumb with it. Mega Altaria provides some great bulk, gets rid of status and hazards, and hyper voice still does some damage on the special side. The set can beat things like serperior and latias pretty well. I would like to have earthquake on it, but I couldn't figure out where to put defog because of the latias tech that I am running. Grass knot Latias is here to catch swamperts and krookodiles off guard as well as take care of other bulky waters. I also used latias because healing wish is necessary to give some longevity to the hard-hitters. Necrozma is not the slowest mon, but it can still do well under trick room, photon geyser hits super hard, and heatwave is nice for serperior, celebi, and scizor. Finally, Alolan marowak hits very hard on the physical side and is just your overall breaker.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
disintegration

when building with stak, i wanted to pressure bulky ground types as much as possible. sd marowak does this very well. in the end, i choose lighting rod in the end to prevent manectric from volting on everything. band azu comes into pressure all the dudes who check staka. serp ground resist and defogs. lati healing wish and general utility scarfer. mega pidgeot uturns on bulky dudes to let in your breakers to get the ball rolling and is a strong, fast attacker.

here's an alternate version that i was toying with as well with wisphex gar to chip at bulky grounds and specs volcanion to lure azu to open up stak. enjoy.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stakataka and the Goons

Stakataka.png
Audino Mega Shuffle.pngMarowak Alola Shuffle.pngCobalion Shuffle.pngCrawdaunt Shuffle.pngUxie Shuffle.png

Uxie @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Magic Coat

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Level: 99
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Ability: Rock Head
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Magic Coat
- Dazzling Gleam

This team is designed to deal with many of Trick Rooms traditional checks, as well as matching up well against other Trick Room teams. The use of unorthodox Pokemon such as Mega Audino and Cobalion allows it to match up well vs Trick Room Threats such as Crawdaunt, Hydeigon, and Mega Absol. Uxie is EVd to live a CB Scizor U-turn, as well as two Scarf Hydreigon Dark Pulses. It's a Trick Room Staple for a reason. Marowak-A and Crawdaunt are running standard sets and are massive threats, won't get into those. Stakataka boasts a level 99 set to outslow opposing level 100 attack boosting Stakatakas under Trick Room. Be wary that a defense boosting Stakataka hits a lower speed tier and will still outslow you. Cobalion was chosen to deal with Crawdaunt, a gigantic problem for the psychic and ghost heavy trick room archetype. It is EVd to always live a Life Orb Crabhammer + Aqua Jet. Shuca Berry gives it more opportunities to setup against Ground types and clean weakened teams, or eat hits like a +1 Stakataka Earthquake. Mega Audino is chosen as the third setter for its excellent role compression, providing a Dark type check, Healing Wish Support, Trick Room Support, and Magic Coat all in one slot. This Pokemon is severely underrated on Trick Room teams and I'd say it's the star of the show.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-686835133 Audino Mega is able to come in multiple times, ensuring a Stakataka sweep.

Wish I had more replays but it was very effective during the Trick Room spam days of the ladder and is somewhat of a counterteam to that should you be worried about your opp bringing it. Shoutout to the lovely Amane Misa for building this with me.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
all these nerds posting tr and balance teams and here i am with staka BO

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

So i built this pre-shifts for stakatours and this is now the closest thing to an actual team I have available. Primarina is an excellent partner for Stakataka, as Prima wallbreaks, offers a soft check to fighting- and ground-types that would trouble it, and takes advantage of the Trick Room staka sets, and Staka can clean and deal neatly with offensive playstyles for Primarina. Mamo's a solid offensive rocker with priority, Infernape is the speed control and a scizor check, Latias is HP fire to lure scizor further, and Hydreigon used to be Rotom-W but that rose. Simple enough.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Uxie @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Trick
- Magic Coat

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Ability: Rock Head
Brave Nature
IVs: 26 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- Shadow Bone

Stakataka @ Life Orb / Metal Coat
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Bewear @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
I know that Trick Room is what comes to everyone's mind when anyone mentions Stakataka, but I really like this Trick Room team and it's been very successful for me. This is a pretty fun team that I've been doing very well with lately (currently 22-1 on ladder and undefeated in UU room tours). The EVs on Uxie ensure that it lives Specs Shadow Ball from Chandelure and the rest of the EVs are dumped into defense. Magic Coat ensures that you won't fall victim to opposing hazard stack teams and it's a very effective suicide lead for Trick Room, gaining early momentum ensuring that you probably have a league coming out of the gate. Cresselia is a staple on all Trick Room teams and is running Moonblast because it smacks Hydreigon and has neutral coverage on a lot of things. Aside from that, Cresselia is super straightforward and doesn't need much explanation. Alolan Marowak + Crawdaunt + Staka are all staples on Trick Room, so I don't think they need explanation further than everything described above. Rounding out the team is an interesting choice in Bewear. SD + Normalium Z Double Edge is fucking devastating and allows Bewear to rip through anything that doesn't resist Double Edge, being able to weaken up stuff like Quagsire on stall for Marowak. I won't explain my weird as fuck speed creeps because I'm a fucking goon and that's all the explanation you need. This is a really fun team and I highly recommend that you guys try it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)