Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Come on. It's Kevin. Mostly focuses on breaking with Krook/Celebi but Crobat checks Serp which was introduced after the team was made. Vincune just works as a solid Wincon after Crobat checks/disables Serp, Double Dance Coba to be a second wincon, and Scarf Latias revenges a lot of things and checks scarf fighting types thinking they'll just be safe to u-turn out.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Defog

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

So this is a team I made for mah boy Moltracer that I'm using here due to having "tired as fuck syndrome". Basically this team was centered around Heracross, so I started with Swampert as a check for Mega Aerodactyl since it's kind of a huge threat to Hera, and I knew I wanted this to be a balance team with removal and I have Hera, I went with Florges as my cleric with Defog for role compression. Now since I have Swampert here > Seismitoad, I went with Mega Sceptile to wall washtom and deal with bulky waters in general better, and after that for some speed control and to form a nice offensive core I chose Infernape, which can also pressure Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Burd with Close Combat, and to pressure Fairies with Gunk Shot. Now I needed a ground immunity, a fairy resist, a z move, etc. So I thought the bat was the perfect fit for the squad n_n.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This team focuses on supporting Mega Abomasnow, a threat that many of you sleep on. I added Magneton because my Mega Abomasnow can't touch Scizor. Because I have an obvious weakness to Fire-types and Mega Manectric, figured Seismitoad would be the perfect teammate here. I gave Seismitoad Eject Button because it's a really cool tech that catches most opponents off-guard. At that point, I noticed that the team is slow and is really weak to hazards and Serperior. Crobat was the perfect teammate here. It also has U-turn which is just perfect for Mega Abomasnow, and pairs really well with Magneton. I wanted Priority and a way to beat stall and Mega Sharpedo reliably, which is why I added Mixed Infernape. Because I felt like the Speed control of the team really isn't that great and I wanted another way to deal with Serperior, I added Choice Scarf Latias. Not only it provides me with a way to shut down Blissey for Mega Abomasnow, it also provides me with Healing Wish support which is really handy in a lot of matchups. It also provided me with a reliable way of beating Nidoking, which seemed like a huge threat at that point.

Darksafadao

best of the second options

Hi, this is a team I've been working on that happens to have a Crobat. I decided to pair Crobat with Seismitoad, as Seismitoad can take advantage of Rotom-Wash, one of the main flying resists nowadays. With both of them, I already have rocks and defog support. As I felt the need of a wincon, I decided to go with Cobalion, which gave me nice resistances and being able to give me an answer to Mega-Sharpedo.
I felt the team needed a scarfer and was kinda weak to an opposing Cobalion, so I added a scarf Chandelure to pressure it, while also giving me trick support for a match-up versus bulkier teams. I felt the need of a solid dragon-resist, so I decided to go with Mega-Altaria, while also giving me an answer to Suicune (as Seismitoad could be stalled out) and being another win-con. With all of this, I thought a wallbreaker could fit well, and I decided to go with Scizor, so that I could get momentum with u-turn, pursuit support and with bullet punch giving me a better match-up versus an opposing Mega-Altaria. I've decided to run steelium-z on Cobalion so that the team could have a better time around Gliscor. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Calm Mind

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpD / 180 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Cross Poison
- Roost /U-turn

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Alright so I wanted to challenge myself with this build as well as do something pretty unique with crobat. I saw what Z-Tailwind did and thought, "Well that could be useful." After running so to me calcs, and finding that Z-brave bird does not always do the damage I need it too, I decided to try and have crobat do more. With tailwind doubling your mons' speeds, Mega-Altaria will be a threat right away, Latias will still be faster than most scarfers, and Scizor can get off faster defogs and U-turns when it needs too. Z-Tailwind also makes cross poison 100% critical hit chance so that can always be fun for those pesky fairy types. I say roost/U-turn because sometimes momentum is better than recovery and both have been useful. After deciding on this set, I quickly realized that I need multiple ways to handle steel, poison, rock, and ground types. Scarf Infernape is an answer to most steel types and it is a great momentum-grabber and lead. Seismitoad is a great rocker, and is better than Swampert in this instance to better handle Rotom which can otherwise be a problem for this team. This Scizor provides a little bulk for an otherwise pretty offensive team, it also helps defog hazards and provides a priority answer to the ever threatening Mega Aerodactyl. It can also be another way to grab momentum in-game. Mega-Altaria provides late-game sweeping potential, as it can set up on most psychic types except for Metagross. Finally Latias provides some raw power, a potential set-up sweep, and a nice boost to the rest of the team with healing wish.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Amane Misa wins this round with 5 votes! Congratulations!

This next week we're gonna build around Terrakion! This once-BL offensive threat has lost a lot of steam over the past few months thanks to Scizor becoming more and more common and its subpar defensive typing making it hard to fit on teams, but that doesn't mean it can't still break through teams with its decently large variety of sets and excellent offensive typing.

Submissions are due Saturday!

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Like Chloraseptic (Terrakion) @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 80 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

So this is where my Camerupt to C campaign begins, with this right here. So starting with Terrakion I was originally like, "alright fuck it ill just do like ebutton alo + mag..." like an unoriginal person would do, but instead I was like naw breh I've got it, the Scizor bopping core of Mega Camerupt + Mantine is 80x better now that Washtom is gone!! So here it is, I added those two mons along with turbmuk to pick and trap Lati so Mega Rupt can have an easier time just clicking whatever move it wants and nuking whatever comes in, and also taking out things like Gengar, Lati (like I just said), Chandy, etc. which all resist/are immune to one of Terrak's more reliable STAB. Now I thought this core has a pretty annoying time vs. Mega Aero, so I added bulky Scizor with enough Atk to OHKO Maero after rocks, and adding Scizor gives another fairy resist which is necessary after the addition of Hydreigon for speed control and to form the little U-Turn core between Scizor and Hydreigon that I love so much. :D

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Brutalism

building with terrakion is quite the interesting concept, and this team has some nifty techs i'm happy to share. i knew going in i wanted to use double dance terrakion, either to sweep late game or to punch holes for a sweep with something to sweep later, whatever that may be. i knew immediately i wanted to use a lure mon to swiftly dispose of scizor as it poses the greatest threat to a terrakion end-game. while i played around with many things such as hp fire rocks metagross and specs kyurem, i ultimately settled on this cool altaria set—three special attacks with roost. it aims to lure scizor and gliscor amongst other checks to terrakion. the evs for altaria are quite simple: outspeed specs primarina while maintaining maximum special attack and bulk thereafter. with max special attack, it actually 2HKOs primarina which is pretty nice while also have a 3/4 chance to immediately toast serperior after rocks. i knew i also desired pursuit with terrakion as many times you'll find yourself less capable of breaking through with dual dance because scarf latias checks it decently well if u want to save your z-move. so i added band scizor. it can be more bulk invested if you so please. i added tentacruel as a fire resist and also removing hazards nicely. gliscor is your main ground resist and sets rocks. you can honestly make gliscor u-turn and tentacruel for more volt-turn while still being able to toxic bulky waters. i added a cute scarf celebi with u-turn as a water deterrent while bringing u-turn and healing wish to the table. enjoy.

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

https://pokepast.es/c48497d932aa4531

when i started building with terrakion i immediately thought of a scizor check. tentacruel is that scizor check using z haze as a way to not take massive damage from banded knock off and a way of returning to full health. tentacruel is fast enough to outspeed togekiss, mamoswine, and chandelure. mega pidgeot has become an even more viable breaker with the rise of rotom wash and is able to break through pesky mons like serperior and doublade. it also utilizes uturn for momentum against stall teams. the second thing i wanted was spike stack to help deal damage to mons like quagsire and alomomola on switch so that banded terrakion can finish the kill with close combat and stone edge respectively. klefki uses hp fire as a way of killing or weakening scizor in the case that tentacruel is incompacitated or dead. the next thing i thought of was speed control. in my opinion latias is the most consistent and bulky speed control there is in the meta right now and is very useful against mega sharpedo and other scarfers. its bulk allows it to switch in on fighting, water, grass, and fire type moves. krookodile is an amazing counter to trick room because many trick room teams are running mons like cresselia, porygon-2, and stakataka who do not appreciate knock, taunt, and earthquake. it also of course my rock setter. the last and most important pokemon of my team is terrakion who, with choice band, is able to break through many common walls in the meta. overall this is a fun team that has a good match-up against the teams in the current post shifts meta.

Last edited:

GunGunJ

El patrón del mal
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I built this VoltTurn team some weeks ago around CB Terrakion, who has basically no switch-ins. If you think about ways to deal with Terrakion you would say revenge killing it with Scizor or Ape, or going into Gliscor in CC, so I had no doubts that Moltres was the way to go as it walls Scizor, beats Ape most of the time and do a lot of damage to Gliscor with Z-Hurricane. I put U-Turn on it instead of a cool tech as Agility or Whirlwind because it can bring Terrakion for free, and also helps vs SubSeed Serp. Them I put Klefki and Manectric as the former is a Latias counter and a spiker, while the latter has a great speed (thats something the teams lacks) and brings Terrakion for free with Volt Switch. Having a Moltres means that I need to get rid of SR, but as I have Spikes I cant use Defog, so Tentacruel was the way to go. With 148+ it outspeeds Nidoking, Mamo and Entei, setup TSpikes and can do a lot of damage to Azu with Sludge Wave. Last but not least I wanted a offensive rocker so I put Mamo. The team is kind of slow, so vs offense Klefki plays a key (lol) role. However, VoltTurn combo + hazard stack + Mamo-Terrakion is a pain for any team in the metagame.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I have not used terrakion for a very long time so when approaching this build and asking myself what I liked best about terrakion, it was about how hard-hitting the mon is. So I went for the Choice Band option to punch hella holes in the opposition. Unfortunately, pesky things like gliscor and scizor can still get in the way. Scarf rotom usually has the bulk to take on most scizor, and all it take one aggressive wisp to cripple a gliscor. It also gains some quick momentum. Mega Aggron is one of my favorite megas right now due to its ability to take hits from so much of the tier. It too can take hits from scizor and dish them out with fire punch. All it needs is a little cleric support to further increase its longevity. Thats where sylveon comes in with Wish and Heal Bell. It can also take plenty of hits on both sides. This team is not that status weak, so I have actually begun thinking about replacing heal bell with HP Ice to 2HKO gliscor, which can otherwise beat 0 SpA Sylveon if running protect. Tentacruel provides nice hazard removal, t spikes to help wear down pokemon that need just a little bit of chip to be KO-ed by terrakion or maggron, and haze to stop setup sweepers. Finally, nasty plot Groundium-Z is helpful against bulky waters, and it can lure in fire types as well as mega manectric.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)