(Un)Official Smogon University PO Stats -- August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait what
crawdaunt is a better DDer than gatr?
with or without sheer force, i would assume gate is the better DD
unless i'm missing something ;;;;
Crawdaunt gets adaptability and while I still prefer Gatr, +1 Adaptability Crunch and Crabhammer are nothing to scoff at.

edit: ninja'd.

crawdaunt's only problem is its speed.
Its also very frail. 63/85/55 makes it OHKO'd by many neutral hits, and its not taking anything super-effective.
However, Feraligatr has respectable 85/100/83 defenses, allowing it to take a hit or two, so its a reason to use the inferior Gyarados.

its not totally inferior with its sheer force ability.
Sheer Force Feraligatr will be so much better if when it is released, there are female Sheer Force Totodiles. If they're all male, it loses out on DD, Aqua Jet, and Ice Punch. Sure, there's still the SD set and Ice Fang but... the DD set is just so much better :S

Can Sheer Force 'Gatr even Dragon Dance? Isn't it an Egg Move?
It would also miss out on Ice Punch, Aqua Jet, and Crunch.
Crunch is learned at Lvl. 27 for Totodile, Lvl. 30 for Croconaw, and Lvl. 32 for Feraligatr

I just realized something. Why are DW statistics never posted anymore? I've stopped playing it for like a month and now want to get back into the game, and what better way than to just take a look at who's being used? However, it appears that no DW stats have been posted for the past 4 months :(.
Just saw this. I can quickly generate some DW stats, if you'd like. I never bothered, because I was prioritizing the Big Five. Expect results in a day or two. If you don't see them, PM me.

Crawdaunt gets adaptability and while I still prefer Gatr, +1 Adaptability Crunch and Crabhammer are nothing to scoff at.

edit: ninja'd.
oh wtf i didn't even know it got adaptability
but i still hate its speed
its also frail, which i also hate
i still don't see craw daunt as the better DDer :/

Well, it was worse back when we had Gligar and Misdreavus. Interestingly enough, LC is the only tier which got bigger this month, compared to July's stats lol.
True, but at least there was more than one poke that high in usage. now its just Mienfoo, with double the usage of #2, unlike Gligar and Misdreavus, who were pretty close in usage iirc.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It has 50% more usage lol, not double. Besides, Gligar and Missy were pretty close in usage but were far from Meditite which was much higher than the other pokémon, while Mienfoo is much closer to the rest of the tier in usage.

i think he means there are more pokes with 3.41% usage in LC than there were last month...which doesnt really matter all that much as there is no lc uu, but does show that the tier is less centralized

i think he means there are more pokes with 3.41% usage in LC than there were last month...which doesnt really matter all that much as there is no lc uu, but does show that the tier is less centralized
Huh. Would you look at that. Especially cool when you consider I didn't apply "your method" to those stats.

If I do, the number of "LC OU" pokes goes up to, well, 41 (from 40, from 29 in June).

There's a HUGE usage gap between Exeggcute and Aipom (why don't people use Exeggcute more? Harvest is insane!), and it's cool that it falls right on the "OU-UU" line. Back when I first became interested in usage stats, I was an advocate of so-called "natural" tiering, where you look at where the largest gaps in usage are and put your tier cutoffs there. There was some theorymonning behind it, but I don't remember exactly what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)