SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hate that Surf isn´t passable move. If it at least had it´s hidden ability :-(
For me, it wouldn't really make a difference, as a VGC player, because I think A-Raichu with Surf has an awesome potential. But at least, since it's a gift Pokémon, you can get a guaranteed nature with Sync, right?

For me, it wouldn't really make a difference, as a VGC player, because I think A-Raichu with Surf has an awesome potential. But at least, since it's a gift Pokémon, you can get a guaranteed nature with Sync, right?
If a gift Pokemon is part of the Undiscovered Egg Group, then it is guaranteed to have 3 flawless IV's and can be Synchronized. So, since the Surfing Pikachu is breedable, placing it squarely in the Field Egg Group, it is unlikely that it will have 3 guaranteed IV's and likely cannot be Synchronized.

If a gift Pokemon is part of the Undiscovered Egg Group, then it is guaranteed to have 3 flawless IV's and can be Synchronized. So, since the Surfing Pikachu is breedable, placing it squarely in the Field Egg Group, it is unlikely that it will have 3 guaranteed IV's and likely cannot be Synchronized.
Ah hell.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Stating the obvious, but if you can't, you can still save before getting it and Start + L + R for the right nature.

The imperfect IVs are probably why it comes with a Gold Bottle Cap.

Quick question: Did Silvally get any better with new move tutor attacks? It bothers me so much that the Pokemon they call "UB killer" can't even kill a single UB.

Quick question: Did Silvally get any better with new move tutor attacks? It bothers me so much that the Pokemon they call "UB killer" can't even kill a single UB.
All it got that was notable was Defog. In NU/PU I guess it could work a bulky pivot/hazard remover of some kind? Steel, Water, Ghost, and Fairy work particularly good in this role.

And now I just realized that Silvally Grass DOES get Special STAB (I think Pledge moves work in Singles and they're decently powerful). Not like it matters though, could most of the time you'd just use Lilligant in PU. Not getting recovery or power boosting disc like Arceus hurts it severely, and especially with the movepool. (It barely gets good Special options if any at all; And its physical coverage is pretty putrid too, most types get relegated to Multi-Attack, which as we all know changes type depending on the disc. You can see why this affects several Silvally types horribly)

All it got that was notable was Defog. In NU/PU I guess it could work a bulky pivot/hazard remover of some kind? Steel, Water, Ghost, and Fairy work particularly good in this role.

And now I just realized that Silvally Grass DOES get Special STAB (I think Pledge moves work in Singles and they're decently powerful). Not like it matters though, could most of the time you'd just use Lilligant in PU. Not getting recovery or power boosting disc like Arceus hurts it severely, and especially with the movepool. (It barely gets good Special options if any at all; And its physical coverage is pretty putrid too, most types get relegated to Multi-Attack, which as we all know changes type depending on the disc. You can see why this affects several Silvally types horribly)
That doesn't sound good :/ Well I guess there wouldn't have been a way to make it OU by just giving it new moves anyway. My best bet would be giving it Recover and Extreme Speed, then leave it in Normal Type and use a different item.

I think you're ignoring some important changes to Silvally's moveset. It now gets some Special spread moves (Hyper Voice, Icy Wind, and Heat Wave), as well as Tailwind and all 3 Pledge moves. Basically, it's all geared up for Doubles now.

Oh, and it also gets Zen Headbutt, Signal Beam, and Outrage, all of which could see use on certain sets, but those aren't as interesting as what it has for VGC/Doubles.

Silvally is quite efficient at beating down specific UBs, but it has to be prepared for said specific UB and said builds don't work very well outside of that.

It kinda needs Extremespeed and Recover to be worth it. And stuff like Icicle Crash or Play Rough.

Now that I have to wait until the games are available in the store I always buy games from...

Has Poke Pelago changed in any way? I'm most curious about Evelup Island's rates in particular.

I have a question about totem pokemon, regarding natures. Obtained 80 stickers, went to Oak to get my poke. I didn´t get any of them before. Saved to SR for natures. First, Gumshoos. Not caring about that one. Has Rash nature. Saving. Next is Marowak, which I want Adamant or Brave. Got him, Rash nature. SR, different stats, Rash. Tried few more times, still Rash. Well, what can you do. Tried to walk a little, didn´t help. Lurantis, Vikavolt, Mimikyu - all Rash.
IVs are not locked, as every time I SR for Marowak, it had different stats. My question is: when is the nature set? When you talk to Oak first time for all pokemon? So if you want to have pokemon with different nature - ie Modest Vikavolt and Adamant Marowak, you have to play through several times?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about totem pokemon, regarding natures. Obtained 80 stickers, went to Oak to get my poke. I didn´t get any of them before. Saved to SR for natures. First, Gumshoos. Not caring about that one. Has Rash nature. Saving. Next is Marowak, which I want Adamant or Brave. Got him, Rash nature. SR, different stats, Rash. Tried few more times, still Rash. Well, what can you do. Tried to walk a little, didn´t help. Lurantis, Vikavolt, Mimikyu - all Rash.
IVs are not locked, as every time I SR for Marowak, it had different stats. My question is: when is the nature set? When you talk to Oak first time for all pokemon? So if you want to have pokemon with different nature - ie Modest Vikavolt and Adamant Marowak, you have to play through several times?
Did your Pokemon have the ability Synchronize? If the pokemon on the first slot of your team has that ability, each totem you get will have the same nature as said Pokemon with Syncronize.

Did your Pokemon have the ability Synchronize? If the pokemon on the first slot of your team has that ability, each totem you get will have the same nature as said Pokemon with Syncronize.
Of course! I had my Umbreon in the first slot, without even realizing it! I am stupid :-D But hey, at least this proves that the Totems are 100% Syncable :-D

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some time ago, we discussed about the battle styles, and nobody knew what the Nihilist style was. Just to let you guys know, it's not a Battle Agency related one (at least not from what I know, idk where i got it, but I only did like, 2 Battle Agency battles and the RR episode), but it is actually Colress battle style! My guess would be either you get it after the RR episode or after the final Necrozma battle.

Does anyone have a list of old-new height and weight changes for the totem Pokémon, and how they're affected by heavy slam users and low kick as well as using heavy slam against opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)