SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With improved disassembly and datamining for the Gen 7 games, and chance someone will be able to figure out the actual confusion rate anytime soon? I don't think it's ever been fully established if its 30% or 33%, and it's kind of a major mechanic.
10% if your opponent is afflicted by it, 90% if your afflicted by it.

Sorry, just wanted to make that joke. :P If it's any consolation, Bulbapedia says its 33%.

Though, at the risk of sounding naive, when it's either 30% or 33%, does it really matter at that point?

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
The change in base crit rate from 1/16 to 1/24 was another example of a small change that almost flew under the radar and had bigger impact than one would expect.

It matters for Showdown more than anything. It's a negligible difference for cartridge, but for Showdown every difference is significant, no matter how minimal.
One'd argue that even if it's "negligible for cartridge", there's still VGC and BSS played on cardridge so tecnically it's important there as well :P

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
@ Sheer Cold:
... Why? The only Pokemon affect by this is Suicune and Kyogre (who have better options). Why not buff Sheer Cold when used by an Ice type instead of a useless debuff when used by a non-Ice-type?

Though it's funny how Suicune makes less good use from Sheer Cold yet in Pokken it's its Burst Attack (yes, I know, that was decided before the debuff).

@ Sheer Cold:
... Why? The only Pokemon affect by this is Suicune and Kyogre (who have better options). Why not buff Sheer Cold when used by an Ice type instead of a useless debuff when used by a non-Ice-type?

Though it's funny how Suicune makes less good use from Sheer Cold yet in Pokken it's its Burst Attack (yes, I know, that was decided before the debuff).
I think it may have something to do with the fact that Sheer Cold has no immunities, as Fissure doesn’t affect Flying-types and Horn Drill/Guillotine are useless against Ghosts.

Besides, while in competitive battling those moves are banned because they are incompetitive, in the games the “computer” uses more cheap strategies like Minimize and OHKO moves. So, maybe it was done to reduce the “cheapness” in that specific context.

Sheer Cold is supposedly 20% without "accuracy STAB" now, just as it's 30% with.
Is that "10 points lower than regular accuracy" (a level 81 using the move on a level 1 would have 100% accuracy), or is that "2/3 of the regular accuracy" (a level 100 using the move on a level 1 would have 86% accuracy)?

@ Sheer Cold:
And Smeargle.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that Sheer Cold has no immunities, as Fissure doesn’t affect Flying-types and Horn Drill/Guillotine are useless against Ghosts.
Sheer Cold no longer affects Ice-types as of Gen VII.

Besides, while in competitive battling those moves are banned because they are incompetitive, in the games the “computer” uses more cheap strategies like Minimize and OHKO moves. So, maybe it was done to reduce the “cheapness” in that specific context.
You are actually mistaken.

All those moves are not banned in the "official" competitions of VGC and BSS.

They are legal, and usable. Including Moody Smeargle which made several appearances last VGC.

Only Smogon bans OHKO and Evasion moves. (For good reasons, either ways)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)