Resource Ubers Teambuilding Compendium

hyw

Banned deucer.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 352-415 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

from where im from we called that no bueno

apparently the standard spread is 144 in def lmao which is still >50% chance of ohko

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 144 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 305-360 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 144 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 278-329 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is the oras set, idk if will continue using the same evs spread

Is a roll with adamant nature, anyways still is an ekiller check

Last edited:
Is Lando-I not a viable rock setter? His ability to force switches from the everpresent P-Don, Magearna, and Xerneas fearing EP and S-Wave seems like it'd be ok at it, no? Also goes mixed with Rock Slide for Ho-Oh. Just seems like it'd be able to lay just enough offensive pressure to force those switches and lay rocks.

I'm just curious, it could just not be as viable as I think.

Is Lando-I not a viable rock setter? His ability to force switches from the everpresent P-Don, Magearna, and Xerneas fearing EP and S-Wave seems like it'd be ok at it, no? Also goes mixed with Rock Slide for Ho-Oh. Just seems like it'd be able to lay just enough offensive pressure to force those switches and lay rocks.

Landorus is already a very niche Pokemon in Ubers anyway, and its only set that really offers any utility at all is the all-out-attacker set w/ a life orb. Even that set has a ton of issues though. Put simply, stealth rocker lando is just a waste of a teamslot. There are far better Stealth Rock setters out there, namely Primal Groudon, which comes with no opportunity cost (of course it doesn't, it's on ever team) and actually acts as a check to a lot of threats. Landorus-I, on the other hand, faces a lot of competition with other wallbreakers, offers 0 defensive utility whatsoever, and is very frail, giving it few opportunities to set rocks.

Like DeathByWobbuffet already stated, it's a very niche mon.
As a Stealth Rock setter, the only remotely viable option is the suicide lead on offense, which gets outclassed by pokemon such as Excadrill or Deo-S/A.

No Gastrodon on Primal Kyogre checks?

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Resists Thunder, Specially Defensive. Troubles P Ogre by Toxic. Scald is used to Burn. Recover to regain health. E power can hit P Don and Steel Pokemon's. Sticky Hold prevents the Users item from being Stolen or Knocked out. So it is a Primal Kyogre Check right?

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Resists Thunder, Specially Defensive. Troubles P Ogre by Toxic. Scald is used to Burn. Recover to regain health. E power can hit P Don and Steel Pokemon's. Sticky Hold prevents the Users item from being Stolen or Knocked out. So it is a Primal Kyogre Check right?
Yeah but should probs be storm drain over sticky hold so u don't get merkes by origin pulse

Last edited:

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Just because it can technically 1v1 POgre doesn't mean it should be listed here. Gastrodon is just a really poor choice for a teamslot and is outclassed by Toxapex in basically every role. Toxapex's access to Haze means it isn't setup fodder for a bunch of common threats, and its typing also allows it to act as a Xerneas check. It tends to run Wacan Berry in Ubers, so it's an acceptable Kyogre check. On the other hand, Gastrodon gets set up on by stuff like Mega Mence (which doesn't even mind a burn), Mega Lucario and GeoXern. It's super passive and relies a lot on Scald burns to punish anything, since its offensive stats are pretty terrible.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shouldn't Ferrothorn be listed under Xerneas check? It beats Ingrain ZeoXern so I feel like it warrants a place and besides Xerneas can't setup on it either.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Add Diancie as a Dark-Type check? Tanks anything from Yveltal bar Steel Wing (but no one runs that anyway), and has nice utility options in Stealth Rock and Heal Bell

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Dead thread. Let's make a more comprehensive teambuilding compendium by copying the fun friends over at OU who made a thread similar to this one but listed stuff like setup sweepers and wallbreakers. And then call it a "role compedium". It wouldnt be as elaborate as OU's but who knows it might help new players get introduced to teambuilding.

A sticky might help too

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The purpose is to have a quick resource to pull ideas from for elements that are crucial to teambuilding. The OU thread lists so many different sections that value is completely lost. Having sections for things like "Megas" and "setup sweepers" communicates to players that these things are crucial elements, and they're not; they're incidental to the actual structural objectives. The more pointlessly long the thread is, the harder it is to use, and the more confusing it is. This thread is plenty generous as it lists "priority" and "anti-hazard", which aren't needed for all builds, but are so important for certain archetypes that I decided to include them. Fact is during the late building process you're rarely, if ever, saying to yourself "what setup sweeper should I add". You're usually looking for a glue mon that can do X and Y - hence this thread.

Elegance is crucial for communication. This thread is all about communication. Why should it be muddled with a bunch of pointless roles that you're basically never actually going to pull from?

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
But otherwise the thread will stay mostly dead outside of USM's release. Dead thread means that not-as-competent players aren't going to see it. And why keep it simple because we want those players to not be confused if they're not going to see it?

Picking a glue mon or a late game sweeper isn't as easy as piling on the required ubers roles (rox setter, pdon check, xern check, etc)

Could Mega Gyarados and Mega Sableye be added to Necrozma-DM checks?

Mega Gyara has intimidate, resists Necrozma-DM's stab (s) or coverage, and outspeeds and 2hkos offensive sets while using defensive sets as setup fodder. (It could also be added to Ground Immunities, due to its typing pre-mega, and Primal Groudon checks, as it can 2HKO with earthquake while not being 2HKOd in return due to intimidate and kind-of resisting Primal Groudon's dual stabs.)

Whilst Mega Sab cannot 1v1 Z-move variants by itself, it does give its team additional counterplay to Necrozma-DM as a physically defensive set can survive a +2 Sunsteel or an unboosted Z-move from full health and 2hko back with foul play (or ohko if boosted). I believe that if Ferrothorn and Celesteela are on the list, neither of which can take on setup Necrozma-DM by themselves but can provide a team with additional counterplay, through chipping it, forcing a Z-move, or walling it once its Z-move has been used, then Sableye should be too. It also completely shuts out specially defensive support dusk mane sets.

Mega Diancie should probably be added to Ho-Oh checks and Stealth Rock setters.

Lastly, could a section for clerics be added? Whilst no means essential on a team, I believe it falls under "highly useful techs", especially given the dominance of status in the metagame. Additionally, having a cleric is very important in most stall builds, and desired enough by bulky offenses and balances to make me feel like it justifies its place on the compendium beneath priority.

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Add Lando-T to Ho-oh checks and possibly DM checks?

edit nvm about ho-oh since its already there but what about in DM checks?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)