Resource Ubers Teambuilding Compendium

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
This is a great resource, I have a couple of changes/additions to suggest:
  • Remove Landorus-T and Mega Slowbro from Primal Groudon checks since neither of them handle mixed well.
  • Remove Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Celesteela from Necrozma-DM checks (former gets ohko'd by Earthquake, latter 2 can't actually threaten it) and rename it to "Swords Dance Necrozma-DM Checks"
  • Remove Magearna, Ho-Oh, Ditto (why Ditto just for Unec?) from Ultra Necrozma checks, add Skarmory and Alolan Muk
  • Remove Excadrill from Xerneas checks
  • Remove Mega Salamence and Marshadow from Zygarde-C checks
  • Remove Landorus-T from Swords Dance Arceus checks
  • Remove Primal Kyogre and Landorus-T from Ho-Oh checks (former can get ohko'd by Brave Bird)
  • Remove Giratina-O from Primal Kyogre checks
  • Add Mega Gyarados and Darkrai to Dark-type resists
  • Add Lunala to anti-offense Pokemon
  • Remove Mega Scizor from anti-hazard support
  • Remove Whimsicott/Darkrai from priority
Add these sections:
  • Marshadow checks: Arceus-Fairy, Arceus-Flying, Arceus-Poison, Zygarde-C, Xerneas, Yveltal, Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Mega Sableye, Primal Groudon, Toxapex, Buzzwole, Mega Venusaur, Tapu Lele, Landorus-T
  • Yveltal checks: Magearna, Arceus-Fairy, Xerneas, Tyranitar, Arceus-Dark, Ho-Oh, Mega Diancie, Alolan Muk, Klefki, Tapu Koko, Chansey/Blissey
  • Stallbreakers: Mega Gengar, Necrozma-DM, Ultra Necrozma, Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence, Yveltal, Marshadow, Lunala, Naganadel, Gothitelle/Gothorita, Arceus-Dark/Arceus-Flying, Rayquaza, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y, Mega Gyarados, Darkrai, Palkia, Tapu Lele, Mega Diancie

Last edited:
Why is Clefable listed under dark resists? It isn't in the VR, and as far as I know, it doesn't have a niche. Like, maybe it can check Yveltal and Darkceus?

From the last time I posted in this thread some unranked mons in VR still remain in the role compendium and I don't think it hurts to keep some (if not most) of them because people do use niche strategies. I have seen Unaware Clefable more often than some of the unsavory Pokemon that sit in the C -> C- ranked in tour games and I would argue that some unranked mons remaining in the OP can be viable with appropriate team building; its just that they are not viable individually.

Also I think Zygarde being Marshadow check is a little debatable; it checks some variants but its health management method (having to use Rest, being setup fodder without Sleep Talk / cleric on the back, on top of having to transform safely to check anything that is LO without HP Ice / BU or stronger) makes it not as reliable.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Also I think Zygarde being Marshadow check is a little debatable; it checks some variants but its health management method (having to use Rest, being setup fodder without Sleep Talk / cleric on the back, on top of having to transform safely to check anything that is LO without HP Ice / BU or stronger) makes it not as reliable.
I think it is one of the more reliable ones actually. Hidden Power Ice is actually pretty rare on Marshadow; as for BU, most of the other checks bar Yveltal have the potential to get messed up by that too, so saying it can lose to that set isn't much of an argument (plus, base forme actually lives a +1 Z-Move iirc). You don't have to activate Power Construct beforehand since CC can't knock you out at 50% or more, even with a Life Orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)