Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Docile Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Volcanion is the star of the team. He is the one is started with, when making this team. His Ability infuriates Surf and Water Spout users, especially Kyogre (although he isn't a Kyogre counter)
He is naturally bulky, and thanks to the assault vest, he can comfortably defend against most attacks. His role in my team is as a general sweeper, but also as a fairy counter.
Most commonly uses fairies are monotyped fairy (Sylveon and Xerneas), Water-Fairy (Azumarill), or Steel-Fairy (Mawile, M-Mawile and Klefki). Using Sludge Bomb and Heat Wave, Volcanion is capable of beating most fairy typed Pokémon.
Steam Eruption is there, because it outclasses all water type moves volcanion can learn (though the 5pp is annoying)
Heat Wave is for Grass and Steel.
Sludge Bomb has been discussed too much.
Earth Power is for Heatran, Volcanion and other pokes that resist fire, except water types.

upload_2016-12-30_13-2-51.png

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball

Lucario has a bad reputation, and it's well deserved. He loses 50% of his HP on resist moves for heaven's sake. But, this moveset allows him to hit every poke in existence for neutral damage.
And Lucario hits like a truck. I chose a special set to highlight Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon, and although a move like earthquake would be great for other steel types, the common Metagross is easily 2HKO'D by Shadow Ball.
Assuming M-Lucario survives the first hit.
M-Lucario has the Adaptibility (boosts the power of STAB moves) ability, so it only makes sense to pack two STAB moves.
Flash Cannon is for fairies, making Lucario my go-to choice to beat most fairies if he is already on the field.
Shadow Ball patches his coverage and does chaotic damage to psychic types.
He is mainly used as a revenge killer, though I lead with him if there's a risk of a Darkrai using Dark Void on the first turn.
upload_2016-12-30_13-3-26.png

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

My Krogre counter and general sweeper. Thunderbolt allows him to SE hit most water types, Ice Beam takes care of Dragon/Flying of Ground/Flying or similar combinations, Spacial Rend is for heavy STAB damage, and repels most dragons. Surf is another high power STAB move that patches up his coverage further.

upload_2016-12-30_13-4-3.png

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Moonlight
- Toxic

Basic Toxic staller, with an offensive twist. After Calm Minds, it resists practically all special attacks, and the defense EVs help on the other spectrum. Psyshock is so she isn't taunt bait, but combined with Calm Mind, STAB and the EV's in special attack, it allows her to do a nice chunk of damage.
Typical special walls such as Chansey hate the physical damage from a psyshock, and an un-boosted Cresselia can easily 3-4HKO one, including any leftovers they might be holding.
Unfortunately, she is ruined by toxic, so make good use of protect.
Her Timid nature was not intentional, it was a traded Cresselia. However, it works rather well, allowing her to outspeed other walls, and KO them rather regularly.
Her Levitate helps in Doubles, as she can sit there Calm-Minding, while dodging Earthquakes, and resisting Surf due to her Special Defense increase.

upload_2016-12-30_13-4-30.png

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Cross Poison
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes

Drapion was an experiment... that kind of works. He simply lays toxic spikes, and doesn't do much else. A decent Fairy counter, immune to psychic, only taking neutral damage from Moonblast/Hyper Voice, and able to retaliate with STAB Super Effective Cross Poison.
The Black Sludge helps keep him alive, as do the Max HP EVs. As he was designed to be a fairy counter, the nature that lowers Special Attack and boost Special Defense brings his special defense even with his speed.
He can also counter other poison types that could be sent out to neutralise his spikes by using earthquake.
He usually leads in order to toxic spike, though I occasionally use him to beat non-steel variant faries.

upload_2016-12-30_13-5-4.png

Metagross @ Iron Plate
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

I was hoping for great things here... But normal metagross isn't as good as I initially thought.
Bullet Punch for Fairies, Ice Puch for Dragons, Zen Headbutt for STAB, and Earthquake for general coverage.
This isn't a new set, nor are the EVs. Only 'diffferent' thing is the Ice Punch, which is not a 'standard' move, as compared to bullet punch.
I might replace with Dialga in the future, due to dialga being able to cover most of the same types.

I'd love for this team to be analysed thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)