Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking

When I try to access shoddy I get an error saying that:

The following file is missing from the launch field: <jnlp>

The exception is:

MissingFieldException[ The following required field is missing from the launch file: <jnlp>]
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Why might this be and how can I fix it?

Hi guys, I have been playing shoddy on my mac for a while now, and very recently it has started freezing up... a lot. It stops for about 30 seconds or more whenever I do anything, select a pokemon in the team builder, use a move, or talk in chat, and has generally become completely unplayable. I have downloaded the most recent Java update, reset the cache, redownloaded shoddy, and have done just about everything bar clearing all my safari cookies.

It's starting to become a real pain because I am loosing CRE incredibly fast due to constant time outs. Does anyone else have these kinds of problems and if so, have you been able to fix them.

I can't seem to even get my shoddy battle started on my mac.

I've only recently got shoddy battle on my mac. Everything was normal up till a few hours ago. I tried to go on shoddy battle, and the application popped up on the dock. Even the top bar said "Shoddy Battle" But I waited for a long time, and it still didn't load. I tried a lot of times. I also restarted the computer, but nothing worked.

The last time I tried using it was around 24 hours ago, and it worked perfectly fine. But now I can't even open it.

I will specify further details if needed.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Every time I try to connect to Smogon's server on shoddy I get an error that says this:

"An error occurred while reading a message from the server: null
Disconnect from server? (Try again at least once.)"

I only get this message when I'm connecting to smogon's server, not any of the others. I have tried redownloading and clearing my temporary files but I keep getting the same error. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
I got a little issue. Well, it occurred today that I'm not able to load/open my teams anymore. If I try to use the "edit team" button, it simply does nothing. And when I'm on a server, I can't open most of my teams. Actually I'm able to load some of my teams but not all of them. I reinstalled shoddy battle but it doesn't help.
What else could I do?

@BoredOfBoredom - This happens when your connection to the server drops, and there is no reply from it. Simply reconnect to the server, and try again. It may happen multiple times, but it will work after a while.

I can access shoddy, but it when I try to use the smogon server it says "an error occured while attempting to connect to the server connection refused;connect" help?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Shoddy server has been shut down temporarily due to the Smogon website getting a flood of new visitors looking for B/W info. They are trying to save resources until things calm down a bit.

tehy

Banned deucer.
What does that have to do with anything?

Are they using the shoddy server for this site?

Also can't they just have a bunch of messages saying "if you want info go to serebii?"

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i cannot seem to connect to any servers
nothing happens when i try to connect basically

I can connect to servers, talk and create new teams, but I can't open any previously existing teams or load them into the find tab.
I have updated java and reinstalled.
Is this a general server error, or a problem with my files?

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can connect to servers, talk and create new teams, but I can't open any previously existing teams or load them into the find tab.
I have updated java and reinstalled.
Is this a general server error, or a problem with my files?
I have the same exact problem. But here's a few more details:

If I delete and reinstall Shoddy, I will sometimes be able to load one team, of which I can keep using while I'm on the server. However, I can't load any other team after that. I should note that I'm only able to load the one team sometimes, as most of the time no teams load.

I'm assuming this is an issue with my computer, as my laptop still works perfectly fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Well I don't think it's very possible that my computer changed any team file, but if that's the case, is there anyone here I can send my team file to see if there is an error?

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
having trouble loading teams, can't load any team on any server, tried uninstalling then reinstalling shoddy, still can't do it.

I can play shoddy but whenever I open it and a "Java compilation error" "Expected ';'" shows up...eight times, other than that it works fine, is there a way to make that stop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)