Media touhou music and doujin circles

Tenshi

and I think that's beautiful
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
In anticipation for Marisa's first lead game next month, have a remix/arrangement of each of Marisa's themes *-*

[Touhou 2] Love-Colored Magic (Ambient Ver.) - Stas Gavrik

[Touhou 3] Dim. Dream 2.0 (Remastered) - Artifex

[Touhou 4] Vessel of Stars - Casket of Star - Demetori

[Shuusou Gyoku] The Witches' Ball ~ Magus - dBu

[Touhou 7.5] Dance of the Witches - Melodic Taste

[Touhou 8] Love-colored Master Spark (Piano/Traditional remix) - 彩音 ~xi-on~

[Touhou 9] Oriental Dark Flight PC98 remix - Hazama Yuutou (the best marisa theme btw)
Also bonus [Touhou 2] Title theme - Pure Land Mandala <Megaman X style> - Ventus because Oriental Dark Flight is a remix of it

[Touhou 12.8] WiTCH's BRAWL (Magus Night) - TheHanako
[Touhou 13.5] Magus Night - U2 Akiyama yes this is just the official game's theme, it is however the perfect Magus remix and it'll never be touched

Zun really decided to make 4 distinct Magus Nights :pensive: still a top 10 touhou theme in any iteration though

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so ignore the huge necro but within this span touhou 18.5 and 19 have released, the grape lesbian has become a fan favorite, and doujin circles continue to release music, especially with reitaisai happening this weekend with dozens of new albums releasing. in the past two years, ive been listening to touhou doujin circles more than ever before, discovering so many different ones even though it feels like ive still only barely unraveled the surface. ive been listening to a lot of halozy, eastnewsound, alstromeria records, liz triangle, zytokine, digital wing, sync arts, inorai, sound holic, shinra bansho, akatsuki records, and so much more; all are amazing. many of the circles often collab with each other and will have the same vocalists on their songs, such as nachi, misato, nayuta, mei ayakura, cheluce, nomico, just to name some off the top of my head.

but theres been one circle thats stood out to me way more than the others and thats minimum electric design. the first song i listened to was sputnik no sekai (スプートニクの世界), a remix of g free which was already a favorite of mine, and i was hooked immediately. the generally relaxed instrumentation of this circles songs, the vocals of mineko and kanihara, it just hits so right. this is another song of theirs, scientific age of gutenberg (グーテンベルクの科学世紀), a remix of satelliete cafe terrace, which im really fond of. to be honest im a big fan of the renko and maribel cd songs in general so im really glad they cover a lot of them.

i wanted to bring minimum electric design up cause they just released their newest album this past weekend, just titled will. they already uploaded one of the songs a few weeks back, a remix of retrospective kyoto, tengu girl (テングガール), which makes me so excited to listen to the rest of the album whenever i get the chance. the circle also has several "trail" albums, which are about ~90 minutes long and are a huge collection of many of their arrangements. not all of their songs are vocal, some are chill instrumental songs, but theyre all such a vibe. i could probably talk so in depth about all these doujin circles but my brain is mush right now, go check them out theyre awesome.

some more songs from them:

rainbow emotion (虹色エモーション), original: lost emotion, vocal: kanihira
murasaki (ムラサキ - Out of the East), original: necrofantasia, vocal: mineko and kanihira
hana chiru tsukiyo no kairou (花散る月夜の回廊), original: flowering night, instrumental

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)