Project Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen RU Metagame (Some final revision before Sun & Moon; check post #216)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Meloetta

Consistant throughout ALL OF 6 gen never dropping below A, one of the major factors for Psychic checks being a must, Psychic that checked Doublade. One of the reasons Spiritomb rose to RU.

Durant

Its sheer power shaped the meta in a way very few mons have the chance to do. A stellar speed tier and hustle made it a nightmare for balance, especially if it could get up Hone Claws. Even offense and stall could fall to its sheer might if played correctly.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Meloetta

Obviously never as broken as shark or Durant, but this was one of the most influential mons throughout all of XY RU (including the meta that had yanmega and Zoroark). Additionally, while it is no longer super prominent in the tier it has always been (and continues to be) good. It was also pretty influential during early ORAS (SPL 5ish) when it was getting a lot of play in high level matches.

yeah i second llama's post. meloetta was def one of the biggest threats way back when new breed's oma ho and those like it were being spammed during summer '14, durant is deserving of #8 too but i feel like melo had a larger impact on the meta during xy

phantom

Banned deucer.
Sharpedo

Consistently amazing throughout XY, was one of the main Pokemon that contributed to the overbearing strength of Froslass HO, and became insanely powerful when it came back down in ORAS due to its limited number of checks and ability to maximize the support it was given with stat passing. Meloetta and Durant have had too many dips in viability (Meloetta post early-ORAS, Durant throughout XY), unlike Sharpedo which never struggled to keep up with meta trends and was always top tier.

I would have voted for Reuniclus since it impacted the tier far more than anything else proposed thus far, but it's clearly not going to win this one so...

Meloetta, seconding Llamas' reasoning from the last vote.

I think #10 should be Durant or Tyrantrum, leaning Tyrantrum with Durant as an honorable mention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)