Project Top 10 6th Gen NU Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
Jynx didn't make it because although it is threatening right now, people only woke up on it during the last few stages of ORAS. It was considered good long before then but not even close a to metagame defining threat.

As for my opinions on the top ten list, I think Tauros should most definitely be lower than it is, because Sneasel had a much higher impact on the tier as did Scept, and Scept also had the honor of being dominant longer. I can also agree that Mesprit, while consistently good, could have afforded to drop a few slots.
I also personally think that Hariyama should have made the list - it's half the reason two of the mons listed weren't considered broken by some (Typh and Sneasel to an extent) and has been completely consistent in being an excellent Fire and Ice check in the tier - throughout all of ORAS and most likely XY it rarely dropped below 10% usage, attesting to its quite solidified place in the top mons of NU. It was useful in practially every meta (bar the craziness that was early ORAS, and even then it could have potentially served as a temporary stop to Dragalge, Mega Bee, and Mega Scept) and even survived through Psychic-infested timeperiods such as Barrier Mush's reign, and that small time period where Sneasel had just left but Skuntank hadn't yet dropped. It has also, besides being a stop to Fires and Ices in a tier that desperately needs them, been a good check to other dangerous mainstays in NU, such as Mixed Shiftry, Special Samurott and Swellow, Rotom, Ludicolo... the list goes on. But hey, that's just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
it's been A for the entirety of XY and ORAS lmao

erisia are we still doing that proposal of switches to the list? idrc because close to sumo but Jynx and Hariyama should definitely made it, and Rhydon should have been higher, and in hindsight even though it's been here for the whole time, mesprit should be lower.

Ideal List imo:
1. Sawk
2. Xatu
3. Mesprit
4. Typhlosion
5. Sceptile
6. Rhydon
7. Gatr
8. Sneasel
9. Tauros
10. Jynx / Hariyama

Nobody realized Jynx was insane until like 3 months ago, doesn't belong on this list as much as I enjoyed using the mon throughout XY and ORAS. Stuff like Garbodor is more deserving tbh.

Missed the voting but here's what my list would look like

1. Sawk
Combination of longevity and ridiculously dominant peak when even people as dumb as me realized Sturdy was busted on it.

2. Xatu
Probably a top 5 mon for almost the whole gen, I don't really enjoy how the mon affects the game but the huge impact it's had is undeniable. Would be #1 if it was ever close to being as dominant as Sawk was.

3. Typhlosion
Warped teambuilding hard with its presence and contributed heavily towards XY becoming really fricking stale and boring. You can argue it was not broken but banning it was necessary for the tier's health imo. And we banned less broken stuff than Typh too (cough cough Gallade).

4. Feraligatr
Probably the best setup sweeper the tier has seen all gen

5. Sceptile
God this mon was dumb

6. Mesprit
Has the longevity but not the peak. I haven't played much in the past few months so that probably clouds my judgement on it since that is supposed to be Mesprit's power peak.

7. Sneasel
God this mon was cancer

8. Combusken
Not as much as this one tho, probably the most busted non-mega of the gen (above Heliolisk and Sneasel). Probably should be higher, but everyone hates this mon (for a good reason).

9. Lanturn
Another dumb ass mon that just wouldn't go away (should have been banned js). It was cool in XY before everyone ruined it (like Seismitoad in transition between gen 5 and 6)

10. Hariyama
Same as Lanturn

HM: Archeops
Ever underappreciated and underrated unfortunately. There were a bunch of metas where this was arguably the best mon in the tier, somehow never got the credit.

HM: Shiftry
I don't think I've seen this one mentioned in the thread which is crazy, just like this mon was in some XY metas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)