Three Type 'Mons (Accepting Council Applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs mate. If we're gonna start nit picking that much:
take a closer look. All that is coming out of hippowdon is dry desert sand.
The ground surrounding dugtrio is more moist than hippowdon's. So let's make dugtrio water as well shall we?
Oh. Now I'm not in favor of Hippowdon being Ground/Water. I'm dumb.

So basically if you're a lawyer and come with good arguments/justifications you can get almost any type you want on any pokemon.
Also:

" Poison-Ground. Justification: based on land pollution. Movepool: +Earthquake, +Earth Power Made out of trash, not ground."
Could you please name one pokemon that is ground type and made out of ground?
Not even diglett is made out of ground.

And trash consists of both plastic and metal most of the time. So therefore it should be poison-steel.
So I'd give it poison-ground-steel.

And I could give you plenty of good arguments and justifications, but I'm not a lawyer and it's just a game ffs.
Hey, let's not get too worked up. I'm sorry if I offended you with some of my responses earlier.

Since this is a heavily flavor based mod, and flavor is very subjective, I decided that people should give an explanation for why a change should be made, to try and minimize the amount of arguments that break out about changes that were already made. If someone could convince me that a change matched flavor well enough to be accepted in the first place, then they could probably convince other people who wouldn't have thought of that change on their own.

I was in a rush, and didn't think out my response to that very well. While I still am not feeling the connection to Ground, Steel is an interesting alternative, since you can see metal is a part of its body, and Wormadam-Trash is Bug/Steel in the normal game. Garbodor for Poison/Steel and Wormadam-T for Bug/Steel/Poison sounds acceptable to me. We'll probably add those in when we update next.

And solid point about Hippowdon as well. The only connection it has to the water is the real life animal it's based on. Since the species itself has nothing to do with water, lets just leave it be. Same for Krook.

Alright. As of now, this mod is playable in Pandora.
Excellent, thank you very much for your efforts. I think we just set the forum record for fastest implementation of a Pet Mod. Does the list of changed Pokemon match the current OP? I've been doing updates to it today.

Hey, let's not get too worked up. I'm sorry if I offended you with some of my responses earlier.

Since this is a heavily flavor based mod, and flavor is very subjective, I decided that people should give an explanation for why a change should be made, to try and minimize the amount of arguments that break out about changes that were already made. If someone could convince me that a change matched flavor well enough to be accepted in the first place, then they could probably convince other people who wouldn't have thought of that change on their own.

I was in a rush, and didn't think out my response to that very well. While I still am not feeling the connection to Ground, Steel is an interesting alternative, since you can see metal is a part of its body, and Wormadam-Trash is Bug/Steel in the normal game. Garbodor for Poison/Steel and Wormadam-T for Bug/Steel/Poison sounds acceptable to me. We'll probably add those in when we update next.

And solid point about Hippowdon as well. The only connection it has to the water is the real life animal it's based on. Since the species itself has nothing to do with water, lets just leave it be. Same for Krook.

Excellent, thank you very much for your efforts. I think we just set the forum record for fastest implementation of a Pet Mod. Does the list of changed Pokemon match the current OP? I've been doing updates to it today.
You may see whether something has been implemented or not by using /3data or, while in a battle under the format, just using /data

EDIT: Additionally, you may check resistances, weaknesses, etc. of a type combo by using the /chart or /typechart command.

Initial thoughts from my first game:

- Elektross is insane. Those stat boosts give it great bulk and its new typing gives it a number of good resists, my Braviary was hard walled (need to run normal STAB next time). Luckily I had CBTar to take it out.
- I used KyuB and TTar because they both got excellent new STAB moves to abuse. I always found KyuB's Fusion Bolt underwhelming in standard but with STAB it looks like it will get many more 2hkos. TTar's EQ also looks deadly being a 100% acc STAB, but I didn't get an opportunity to use it.
- From perusing the OU Theorymon thread, Ghost / Fairy Mismagius seemed great, and it worked well for me. Fairy typing gives it many more opportunities to set up. I also just noticed it gets Moonblast... I was using Dazzling Gleam.
- Manaphy is one of my favourite pokemon, and it just got so much better with fairy typing. Like Mismagius it gets many more opportunities to set up since Water and Fairy don't have any conflicting resistances (aside from steel). It's weird how it hasn't been given Moonblast.
- Jirachi was KO'd turn 1. Again, I think its new fairy typing alone can salvage its defensive shortcomings. It currently lacks a physical fairy move.
- Braviary will get HJK, which gives it a good STAB combination. It still doesn't seem very good though. If only it had more speed.

Very fun tier so far. Lots of stuff I want to test out.

I quite like the idea of Grass/Fairy/Normal for Shaymin's regular forme. Kinda makes sense with the forme thing you're doing with Genesect

You may see whether something has been implemented or not by using /3data or, while in a battle under the format, just using /data

EDIT: Additionally, you may check resistances, weaknesses, etc. of a type combo by using the /chart or /typechart command.
New moves are unusable on the ladder

Maybe I'm just crazy but I could see Weezing as Poison/Fire with either electric or steel. Not only is the type hilariously synergetic with levitate, but there are justifications: the fire is based on the explosive nature, and electric is... electric moves? Steel could fit it being based on a metallic landmine that floats.

Levitating Poison/Fire/Elec is weak to psychic, water and rock, but resists fire, elec, ice, grass, fairy (4x), Bug (4x), steel (4x), poison, fight, flying, grass (4x), steel (4x) and ground immunity which is 8x weakness with mold breaker clones.

With steel over electric, it's weak to water alone, and resists normal, ice (4x), grass (8x), flying, bug (8x), dragon, steel (4x), Fairy (8x), and is immune to poison.

Both of these mons are immune to damage status and elec provides par immunity.

Not sure it's easy to justify, but that resistance chart when levitating...

Also, why isn't Iron Fisted Golurk a Fight type?

Ok, so since you buffed Raichu, can we save it's poor clones?

Pachirisu for Electric/Grass, Prankster over some useless ability, +Leech Seed and aromatherapy, some modest stat buffs. Justified by Pachi being a Squirrel

Plusle/Minun for Electric/Fire and Electric/Water respectively. The justification is a bit shaky on this one, but they're meant to be counterparts, so the opposite typings fit well. Plus they're Red and Blue respectively.

Dedenne and Emolga are beyond saving

Pachirisu for Electric/Grass, Prankster over some useless ability, +Leech Seed and aromatherapy, some modest stat buffs. Justified by Pachi being a Squirrel

Plusle/Minun for Electric/Fire and Electric/Water respectively. The justification is a bit shaky on this one, but they're meant to be counterparts, so the opposite typings fit well. Plus they're Red and Blue respectively.

Dedenne and Emolga are beyond saving
He could always buff their stats and abilities.maybe add firy to all of them

Maybe I'm just crazy but I could see Weezing as Poison/Fire with either electric or steel.
Also, why isn't Iron Fisted Golurk a Fight type?
LOL I was gonna suggest Golurk to have the flying type since it can learn fly, but yours make more sense.

Objection: Plustle/Minun never learns Fire/Water moves outside of Rain Dance and Hidden Power

(sorry I wasn't able to quoute you on my previous post)

Slayer95 These are all of the things that haven't been implemented as of yet.
Blastoise*: Water/Steel
Muk: Poison/Water
Base Stats: 115/115/85/75/110/60
New Moves: Waterfall, Aqua Jet​
Granbull: Normal/Fighting/Fairy
Base Stats: 100/130/85/70/70/55
New Moves: Drain Punch​
Ninjask: Bug/Ground/Flying
Base Stats: 71/100/55/60/60/170
New Moves: Earthquake, Accrobatics
Shedinja: Bug/Ground/Ghost
New Moves: Earthquake​
Banette*: Ghost/Normal/Dark
Base Stats: 74/115/75/93/73/75
Mega Stats: 74/165/85/103/93/85
Movepool: +Play Rough

Jirachi: + Play Rough
Deoxys (all forms): Psychic/Poison
New Moves: Sludge Wave​

Empoleon: + Hurricane
Lucario: Fighting/Steel/Psychic
Toxicroak: Poison/Fighting/Dark
Shaymin-Land: Grass/Fairy/Ground
Shaymin-Sky: Grass/Fairy/Flying
Natural Cure Replaces Serene Grace​
Lilligant: Grass/Fairy
New Moves: Moonblast​
Scrafty: Dark/Fighting/Dragon
New Moves: Draco Meteor​
Eelektross: Electric/Poison/Water
Base Stats: 90/120/85/110/85/55
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald
Justification: Based on Lampray​
Bravary: Normal/Flying/Fighting
New Moves: High Jump Kick​
Heatmor: Fire/Steel
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon​
Hydregion: Dark/Dragon/Flying
Sheer Force Replaces Levitate
New Moves: Air Slash, Hurricane​
Meloetta-P: Normal/Fighting/Fairy
Can be used like a normal Pokemon
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Lunar Dance​
Barbarcle: Water/Rock/Fighting
New Moves: Drain Punch​

Zygarde: Dragon/Ground/Poison
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Dragon Rush​

Lati@s*: Dragon/Psychic/Flying
New Moves: Air Slash
Telepathy replaces Levitate​

Siesmatoad: Water/Ground/Poison
New Moves: Ice Beam, Gunk Shot
Gastrodon: Water/Ground/Poison
Regenerator Replaces Sand Force
Golurk: Ghost/Ground/Fighting

Garbodor: Poison/Steel

Wormadam-T: Bug/Poison/Steel

Garchomp: Dragon/Ground/Flying
New Moves: Acrobatics, Air Slash​

It's just that you easily reject and decline based on other's justifications.
If a justification doesn't do it for you (personal preference), you should at least think a little bit of a justification that would work for you, instead of just saying no.
And same in the other direction: if a justification works for you, you should think a little bit about why you shouldn't do it, instead of just saying yes.

This way you wouldn't have accepted hippowdon's water/ground so easily and refused garbordor's poison/ground (maybe if you put a little thought in to it, you'd come to that steel conclusion yourself).
(Instead of thinking of the 'why not' when you don't agree, think of the 'why maybe yes, with another justification'
And instead of just saying yes to a justification you're content with, think 'why not')
I just personally find it annoying you change opinions one second to the next. But that's just me, if you wanna keep doing that, of course: you can. No heart feelings.

watchog: normal + psychic? + dark? (both or one?)
It's freaking scary and looks mad/angry: dark
He uses it's eyes to hypnotize its foes: psychic
if psychic: + future sight + Psycho Cut + zen headbutt (optional: + psychic + psyshock + agility)
i
f dark: + dark pulse + knock off (uses its tail to knock off)
new stats: 80/105/89/80/89/97 OR 80/115/79/90/79/97 OR 80/115/69/90/69/97 OR 60/115/69/90/69/97
(first is +120 evenly spread, second is +120 strategically better spread, third is +100 strategically spread, fourth is +80 strategically)
-> with a +10 in every stat it still is a weak and frail pokemon and no one will use it.

stunfisk: ground/electric/water
It's a fish + learns many water moves
new stats: 119/76/94/91/109/42

stantler: normal/psychic
"Stantler can distort reality and create illusions with its antlers by subtly changing the flow of air around them. "
" As shown in the anime, a baby Stantler that is separated from its herd and frightened will instinctively produce an illusion of a big, stampeding herd to scare away perceived threats."
New ability: Illusion (instead of frisk)
New stats: 83/105/72/95/75/95

spiritomb: ghost/dark/rock
"Spiritomb is formed by the collection of 108 spirits being trapped in an Odd Keystone due to misdeeds"
It's a stone. It's a rock.
new moves: + stealth rocks + stone edge + rock blast + power gem + ancient power
new stats (to make up for the crippling third typing): 60/102/118/102/118/45

samurott:
new move: + shell smash
-> covered by shells

Gyardos-M: Water/Dragon/Dark
Justification: Based on a Dragon. Mega retains Flying type.
This is a bit confusing. Does that mean it gets auto-levitate, or is it just a typo?

Regarding Blaziken, is its mega evo unbanned too? If yes, does it retain reckless or does it get speed boost? An agility set is looking pretty sweet btw

This is a bit confusing. Does that mean it gets auto-levitate, or is it just a typo?

Regarding Blaziken, is its mega evo unbanned too? If yes, does it retain reckless or does it get speed boost? An agility set is looking pretty sweet btw
It was initially Water/Flying/Dark, and I forgot to change that bit when I edited the type.

I had forgotten about Mega-Blaze. I'll say Unbanned with Reckless replacing speed boost.

Edit:
are mega lati@s allowed in this meta?
Not until they are officially released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)