NOC THERE ARE VAMPS ITG (Game Over: Village Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is an open set up game

13 Man No Outside Communication daystart Game with the following role set up

1x Vampire
1x Vampire hunter (town)
1x Witch doctor (town)
1x Universal backup (neutral, wins with town)
9x Vanilla town

Role Explanations
Vampires are a converter role and exist in two stages: alpha vampires and fledgling vampires. The beginning vampire is alpha.
- Each night a vampire may target one other player, if successful the target will be bitten and converted to a fledgling vampire
- All players can be converted except for the vampire hunter - power roles will not retain their previous ability *Rules clarification here*
- Fledgling vampires take one night cycle to mature at which point they become alpha vampires (i.e. a player converted N1 is eligible to convert n3)
- If the vampire successfully targets the vampire hunter, both players will die
- Vampires do not have scum chat, and no vampire knows the identity of any other vampire other than those they themselves convert

Vampire Hunter is an anti-vampire role, they may target one user at night and if their target is a vampire they will slay said vampire. This action outspeeds a vampire conversion.

Witch doctor is a doctor role. Each night you may target one user whom you will give anti-vampire medicine such as garlic, holy oil, and so forth. Your target will use these items that night which will prevent any vampires from approaching close enough to bite. A user protected in this way will be informed that they were approached during the night but will not know the identity of the vampire.

Universal Backup inherits the first power role to die, along with their alignment. In the event of a mutual death situation, the universal backup will become a fledgling vampire if this occurs on N1, and the vampire Hunter on any other night. The universal backup is town aligned and will win with town, but is a neutral as they can become a vampire.

General rules for my game
- Signups are not first come first serve
- Signing up means you intend to play, of you are inactive you will be subbed and potentially blacklisted from future games of mine
- Don't be a dick. That's my job.

Forum rules
Go here. If a mod could edit these in I'd be ever so grateful <3

Playerlist

Playerlist
  1. Earlio Dead VT converted to Fledgling Vampire
  2. Asek
  3. Walrein Paperblade
  4. Hawkie Dead Alpha Vampire
  5. Thunder~BALLZ
  6. UncleSam
  7. Blue_Tornado Dead Ultimate Backup
  8. MoodyCloud
  9. sandshrewz
  10. acidphoenix Dead Vanilla Townie
  11. Champ1604 Dead Vanilla Townie
  12. zorbees
  13. The Mawile Ace Haruno
Subs
  1. Jalmont
  2. shubaka17
  3. winter-delta
  4. Aubisio
  5. King

IT IS NOW DAY 1. DAY 1 WILL LAST UNTIL Monday June 12, at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

Twilight posting will be allowed

Role PMs going out now

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yea. Typical sandz here in NOC. Do we lynch D1 or no ??? Does this game make a randlynch even better or worse??

The way I see it, a randlynch has a 3/13 chance of hurting town and 1/13 chance of being a benefit (instawin?). So sandz supports no lynch yet again ???

?_?

Before US busts the thread with a research paper on this setup and how to break it, there's one thing we should absolutely do

That is, decide without question which player the vampire hunter should target at the end of each day

We do this and we have an extra lynch/cop per day

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i think no lynch is a possible strategy because on d1 we cant get any scumbuddy links because there is only 1 scum, but i'm not positive, because even on d2 the scum-scum link only goes in 1 direction since the recruit doesnt know who recruited him. I think this game will be tricky because of that fact. It might just be best to do a typical noc d1 and try to find out what we think about everyone's relationships with each other and use those to find the possible scum later on

Oh yea. Typical sandz here in NOC. Do we lynch D1 or no ??? Does this game make a randlynch even better or worse??

The way I see it, a randlynch has a 3/13 chance of hurting town and 1/13 chance of being a benefit (instawin?). So sandz supports no lynch yet again ???

?_?
Instinct tells me lynches are good because if we leave a bunch of people alive it brings up the exponential growth factor the vamps have

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Instinct tells me lynches are good because if we leave a bunch of people alive it brings up the exponential growth factor the vamps have
While I feel that is the case there's still a much larger chance that we random lynch an important town rather than a vamp. Smarter to just focus on the hunter's target.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How to we bring in relations tho. Isn't there like no relation at all in itg esp on d1? Since vamp is a solo and nobody knows who the town power roles are and the neutral right?? IDK I'm not sold on randlynch hahahaha. Not D1 anyways. Also

Before US busts the thread with a research paper on this setup and how to break it, there's one thing we should absolutely do

That is, decide without question which player the vampire hunter should target at the end of each day

We do this and we have an extra lynch/cop per day
HAHAHA what does US do? Please tell me I've never played a game with US I think :D

Also ooooooo interesting. Don't mind me I never played this setup before but town controlling vamp hunter seems cool. In the event hunter dies we could at least have some chain of events to follow right ??? I think that might be a good idea :0 d1 is a free conversion by probability anywaysssss tho. So maybe that would be something we do after d1? iunno.

Also what happens when hunter and vamp target the same person on the same night ? Since it says "This action outspeeds a vampire conversion" does this mean the conversion to baby vamp happens?

Cos if that's the case then vamps can just keep targeting whoever we decide to target as long as they are still towns right ??

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Blue_Tornado There are a couple of problems with your strategy:

1. If we make our plans out in the open, the Vampire(s) can plan around that. This comes more into play when combined with my later points.
2. Per the rules, Vampire Hunter happens before Conversion, so if a person is targeted by both the Vampire Hunter and a Vampire, they would not be killed, and would become a Vampire, yet we would think they were clean because of the fact that they didn't die.
3. If we declare someone as clean one day, its possible that a Vampire just recruits him later on and ruins our information.
4. If, for whatever reason, the Vampire Hunter doesn't agree with our plans and targets someone else, the whole plan is ruined.

I think it is a better idea for the Vampire Hunter to just operate in secrecy, and if need be, come out later on and tell us his targets.

Earlio while the odds are higher we lynch a power role rather than the vampire, imo we still probably need to go through the process of lynching someone to figure out people's relationships with each other in order to try to figure out the vampires later on. Additionally, if the Vampire Hunter is being lynched, he could always claim and we could pull the lynch off of him, this would hurt us because we wouldn't be able to get a surprise mutual kill from the vampire targeting the hunter, but it would be better than lynching the hunter. I think the odds are worth it to try and lynch someone, its not like 3/13 is super likely anyways.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hi folks

expect low activity from me until after walrus reveal tonight

nothing on this page thus far strikes me as particularly AI

i think we should lynch; i don't think we should make VH plans public

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
vote sandshrewz because it's been years since i've been able to say that

if anything i'd give a reeeeeeeeeeeally weak tonal townread to champ and earlio but that's literally nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)