The World Cup of Pokemon VII - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
It was a fun series OCN, it was such a close round 2 match. You guys are obviously one hell of a team.

Good job Lamp :D

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Our luck was fucking terrible and we didn't deserve to lose the way we did, kudos to lamppost though for a pretty good team. And kudos to US East for doing what 9 other teams couldn't! I feel so sorry for panamaxis, you played your heart out man and brought what I thought was a pretty good team to the table; you're still one of the best battlers in the world though so don't be too disappointed!

Big thanks to everyone on Oceania and the guys who frequented #ocn and helped us out (Ciele, McMeghan etc), you guys are what make the wcop the one tournament I sign up for without fail. Wouldn't trade being on Oceania for any other team!

Speaking of disappointment, I'd like to publically apologise for my poor results this WCoP. I'm happy Hip still had faith in me till the end (he was even going to play me next round) and I'm just disappointed I didn't repay it. Once I win the BW2 tournament that'll be it for me in Pokemon I think. I've said this two times prior but this time there's no streak to defend to entice me to come back, and I can't keep devoting the amount of time to pokemon that I do with two jobs, full time studies, sports and a promoting job amongst other things.

Peace.

Congrats lamppost and east, you guys definitely exceeded my expectations. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

pana, thanks for taking the tiebreak, I couldn't've done better than you did. For someone to keep coming up with top notch ideas and teams like you do without fail is really incredible. You are without doubt one of the top players in this game.

Everyone on team ocn: I think we have basically done it all already, and all good things must come to an end sometime. Even this year, I'm sure nobody truly thought we would come back from 0-7, and yet we finished with 15-9. Year after year we have defied expectations and this year was no exception. We're easily one of the closest most tight-knit teams out there. Even if we hadn't won three years in a row, there's no team I'd rather be on. Thank you all for making this such an awesome tournament to be a part of.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Congrats Lamppost and East. Go stomp these other teams.

I dont have a lot to say to Oceania, I think you guys are all aware how badass I think you all are, but in general as the team representing the region with the smallest Person:Penguin ratio I think we have done really well.

Big thanks to pana for stepping up and doing the tiebreak. When I saw what you had planned for this game I knew that, while heist and worms might be the show ponies of the side, that you were definitely the right choice for the job.

Go East!

Pretty annoying way to go out, but I guess it happens. Thanks to everyone on ocn for another great year, you're a fantastic bunch of guys and I'm really glad we've been able to all become such good friends.. world cup wouldn't be the same without you. Sorry I wasn't around to play this round and good luck to East in the rest of the tournament.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We had some downright awful luck this year, especially in that last game, but I'm not going to be bitter about it, grats to East and GL in round 2.

Thanks alot to hipmonlee and the rest of ocn for giving me a chance in the tryouts, then proceeding to put me in the team. You're all awesome indivduals that together make one amazing team. I had alot of fun and I'm looking foward to finishing with a victory next year :toast:

Oceania has impressed me consistently as perhaps the classiest team in WCoP. I've been watching World Cup for the last few years and it's great to see this team succeed and overcome year after year, it kind of inspired me to start playing again. You're some of the best players in the game today and it's clear you're a world-class team.

Now I have to figure out who to root for.

Go Asia!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey if everyone's posting I want in too.

First off, despite me being annoyed in the battle, there's no hard feelings to lamppost or East, luck is part of pokemon so congrats and GL in the later rounds, it was fun playing you guys.

That's probably it for me pokemon-wise until red or yellow trophy time, I can't keep devoting the amount of time to pokemon that I do with dragonball Z, the wire and breaking bad to catch up on amongst other things.

Anyway, it's been great playing with the ocns, WC is definitely the most fun part of the smogon year for me and I'm glad I came back to play with you guys.

Supporting West from here on out.

oh my god

i dont have much to say about how amazing all of ocns players did in wcop history just my sincere congratulations for all you guys have done in wcop

and hehe a BIG congratulations to us east you guys did so well great job!

ok... everyone now rooting for FOLGY LETS GET IT LA

Congrats to East, we certainly have had some luck past so only a matter of time for it to even out. We had a great run with a great team but all good things must come to an end. We showed great character, spirit and teamwork together and everyone contributed. Good luck to the remaining teams and whoever wins will be a worthy winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)