The Workshop

Requesters: Ciele and Funkasaurus
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Goldenrod Gliders (Rayquaza)

Art Direction: As the team name suggests, we would like something involving Rayquaza flying (Gliding) around or above Goldenrod City, perhaps with the Radio Tower being a secondary focal point after Rayquaza. Talented artist Funkasaurus has offered this as a reference point. Incorporating some kind of gold colouring in the logo would also be nice since it is Goldenrod after all.
I'll take this one as well

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Requesters: CrashinBoomBang & KratosMana
For: Smogon Snake Draft team Logo - Terminus Taipans (Zygarde)

Okay, we back now that I'm not insane anymore! We've decided to change everything and have it not look awkward, plus have 50% Zygarde be the focus of the picture instead of Big Boss. What we'd like to see is a big ass Zygarde 50% in the middle of the picture with the name "Terminus Taipans" underneath. No more of the stupid statue thing either, just make it a Zygarde in the flesh please! However, we'd also like for the other 2 Zygarde formes to be represented in the logo; while the main Zygarde should be reasonably large, we'd like to see Zygarde 10% and 100% to the left and right of 50% Zygarde, but instead of being fully visible like the middle Zygarde we'd like for them to be less visible and more "in the dark"/have them have somewhat of a Silhouette-ish feel but with glaring eyes. Something along the lines of this:

(Text should probably be quite a bit bigger than that; We'd like for the text to be given a cave-y statue-y feel to represent the whole Terminus Cave theme. Also the Zygarde should look something like that, don't feel that having the whole beast on there is necessary. Also probably a good idea to move the heads down a little and maybe make them a little bit larger in relation to the main Zygarde. And obviously "connect" them to the main one, this is supposed to be a logo after all and not a landscape)

Can give more information is something is unclear, so feel free to ask! Can also give further specifications regarding size if needed. A lot more confident about this than the hogwash I wrote last weekend, thanks in advance!
ah i can take this!

Requester: Haund
For: Italian Articles Index
Art Direction: http://www.smogon.com/translations/ita/index basically i'd like to replace the current banner of the index with a new piece of art. theres nothing wrong in particular with the old one; however, it wasnt done at my request and some people (myself included) would like a change. i dont really have any specific request, just to include the text "Hub Italiano" (either big if it's has a banner-ish shape or a bit smaller if it's more of an article-like image) and either rampardos or machamp holding the italian flag. dimensions shape etc are not relevant to me so whoever wants to take this on, feel free to unleash your creativity. for instance this http://www.smogon.com/articles/images/deutsche-room.png is a very simple image that i personally like a ton and that would work perfectly, shame it's for the germans :pirate:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesters: Hogg & Christo
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Victory Road Rattlers

Art Direction: Our team mascot is Ekans, and we would like our logo to prominently feature Ekans and to be in the general style of a baseball or basketball team logo. I've sketched up a sample logo based on some old baseball team logos I've googled, but if you have another direction that you think would be better, we're open to that as well as long as it meets the same feel. Possibly add on Ekans biting a pokeball if it can be added without making the image look too crowded (not essential but could be a nice extra element).

Here are some other snake logos I found while googling that could be interesting jumping off points if the above style doesn't work:

Orlando Vipers: http://t3.rbxcdn.com/8b527ab35aaf8d7c76358bbc33830dce
Oakville Venom: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ed/ae/62/edae62c9a2027d4602bb13db854b2574.png
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...dd39407818e61e--mascot-design-logo-design.jpg
Moving onto this one since you have already been so kind and draw exactly what you want.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesters: Hogg & Christo
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Victory Road Rattlers

Art Direction: Our team mascot is Ekans, and we would like our logo to prominently feature Ekans and to be in the general style of a baseball or basketball team logo. I've sketched up a sample logo based on some old baseball team logos I've googled, but if you have another direction that you think would be better, we're open to that as well as long as it meets the same feel. Possibly add on Ekans biting a pokeball if it can be added without making the image look too crowded (not essential but could be a nice extra element).

Here are some other snake logos I found while googling that could be interesting jumping off points if the above style doesn't work:

Orlando Vipers: http://t3.rbxcdn.com/8b527ab35aaf8d7c76358bbc33830dce
Oakville Venom: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ed/ae/62/edae62c9a2027d4602bb13db854b2574.png
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...dd39407818e61e--mascot-design-logo-design.jpg
Kept it simple

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Requester: Broken Phobias
For: Upcoming PU tour that has already been aproved
Art Direction: So It's a CUP style tournament similar to VGC's Hydreigon CUP. The artist can take this anyway he or she wants. I'd just appreciate to be a better Quality then what I made. Thanks!

upload_2017-8-18_17-51-49.png

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Requesters: Zebraiken & d0nut
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Lake of Rage Leviathans (Gyarados)

Art Direction: Shiny Gyarados (regular, not mega) is our mascot. As such, we'd like red to be a primary color of the logo, but otherwise feel free to take liberties. We're fond of SPL-style vector logos, but also understand that it's pretty tough to design and create good-looking vector art, so we aren't adamant about it. Preferably, the logo would prominently feature Gyarados's head, since we think it's the most distinctive feature of Gyarados. We're also open to other ideas or directions if you dream up a good one!
Have only fiddled with the typography until now, will move on to the Gyarados later who will curve along the topside.

Requester: OP
Tournament name: LC Fall Seasonal
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): September 10th
Art Direction: Something cute preferred, some good pokemon to include might be Timburr, Pumpkaboo, or autumn form of Deerling. Not too sure what mons represent fall well. They could be trick or treating, at a pumpkin patch, or just surrounded by some fall trees. Not picky at all, do p much whatever you want as the artist!

Here's the Summer and Spring ones if that helps

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Requesters: Zebraiken & d0nut
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Lake of Rage Leviathans (Gyarados)

Art Direction: Shiny Gyarados (regular, not mega) is our mascot. As such, we'd like red to be a primary color of the logo, but otherwise feel free to take liberties. We're fond of SPL-style vector logos, but also understand that it's pretty tough to design and create good-looking vector art, so we aren't adamant about it. Preferably, the logo would prominently feature Gyarados's head, since we think it's the most distinctive feature of Gyarados. We're also open to other ideas or directions if you dream up a good one!

Jumbo version

Requesters: Ciele and Funkasaurus
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Goldenrod Gliders (Rayquaza)

Art Direction: As the team name suggests, we would like something involving Rayquaza flying (Gliding) around or above Goldenrod City, perhaps with the Radio Tower being a secondary focal point after Rayquaza. Talented artist Funkasaurus has offered this as a reference point. Incorporating some kind of gold colouring in the logo would also be nice since it is Goldenrod after all.
Goldenrod Gliders.png

(made a small edit)

Last edited:
Requester: Jirachee and two-time Smogon Tour champion BKC AKA autumn leaves
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo
Art Direction: Our team is called the Ambrette Astrotias and our mascot is Milotic, so we'd like to have both of them on the primary logo. Because Milotic is a sea snake, we'd like to celebrate that and include a few sea themed elements in the logo. Something that'd look great in my opinion would be a shield-like logo (like professional soccer team logos.) If possible, it'd be great to have both a main logo and some artwork to add to signatures, it's fun to show team pride that way!
Ambrette Astrotias 2.png

Requester: iRebel
For: PU Research Week
Art Direction: something like two PU pokemon judges writing notes on a mon on some sort of stage would be cool. The pokemon judges could be something along the lines of sableye and then anything else for the rest of the mons. If this is too complicated feel free to do do whatever you'd like

Last edited:
Reactions: BP

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Requester: Genesis7 and Klefkwi
For: SM Team Tournament
Art Direction: Just a simple banner with a bunch of Pokemon from the representative tiers (or just random Pokemon really) all hanging out, maybe with like soccer pinnies or something like that. If you can figure out some way to convey them showing teamwork add it in. Signups go up on the 27th.

Last edited:

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Looking for a cool site logo for my mons tourney news site: http://rockettower.co/ the one i have is an amalgamation of some work chras did & my own photoshop badassery. like i was an ass & did bad. with the logo. sad times.

will always love u whoever help xx

Bummer Edit: See my reply below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Looking for a cool site logo for my mons tourney news site: http://rockettower.co/ the one i have is an amalgamation of some work chras did & my own photoshop badassery. like i was an ass & did bad. with the logo. sad times.

will always love u whoever help xx
Will leave this request since it is Smogon related, but since this is for a site of your own, I won't add this request to the OP and instead have interested artists contact you personally if they'd like to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)