Playoffs The Smogon Classic III - Playoffs [Won by giara]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
5. Jimmy Turtwig (GSC, DPP, BW) vs 9. giara (RBY, ADV) - Jimmy's most recent set was probably my favorite of Classic so far, whereas giara did not play his best against zf and only survived due to a lot of luck in his favor. giara definitely has the upper hand in RBY, which Jimmy seems the least composed in. However, Jimmy is looking on form in every other gen, using what he is familiar with, whereas giara has been experimenting outside his comfort zone and his play has suffered as a result. No disrespect to giara, but he needs to use tried-and-true teams and play more aggressively if he wants to throw a wrench in Jimmy's generally solid gameplans. giara is certainly capable of winning, but Jimmy has been the better player in the months and weeks leading up to this match. I predict a back-and-forth series where each player wins the gen that he gets to select.

2. dice (GSC, ADV, BW) vs 3. We Three Kings - dice just beat Alexander, one of the all-around top players right now, pretty convincingly in a 5 game series. On the other hand, W3K's shitshow of a set against starmaster left me feeling like either winner would be a snack for their next opponent. W3K only seems to feel at home in ADV, and has noticeably relied on specific team cores and conservative plays to eke out wins in other gens. dice is the best overall player remaining in Classic, and his impatient style will match up well against W3K's metered gameplay. My guess is that dice will choose BW first, which looks to be W3K's weakest gen, cruise to a quick victory, and carry that momentum through in a 3-0 sweep.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
and now we are at finals!

2. dice vs 9. giara

Both of these finalists have had a long and tough route to get to this point. With dice making long runs into both the GSC and BW cups to make it as the 2nd seed, where he then took down the 3rd and 7th seeds, We Three Kings and Alexander. giara on the other hand made it to the finals of the ADV cup to secure his playoffs seed in 9th place, since then he took down the first, fifth, and eighth seeds in zf, Jimmy Turtwig, and SoulWind.

Now both of these users will fight for the coveted Smogon Classic Trophy! Good luck to both, and post your predictions below.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)