Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA OR 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Synthesis
- Roar

The ability Thick Fat negates Meganium's common weaknesses to Ice and Fire type moves, leaving it with only 3 weaknesses in Flying, Bug, and Poison (which aren't the most common types). Earth Power adds to it's coverage options (there aren't many). Roar allows it to be a (more reliable/better) phazer (it has dragon tail but that can't break subs and is only 90% accurate).

Earth Power makes sense considering Meganium is basically a giant plant (plants grow in the earth, in case you didn't know), and considering it already gets Earthquake. Roar because it looks like a Dinosaur I guess, and it has a big mouth so it'd make sense for it to roar. Thick Fat because it's a large, fat 'mon.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Dragon Tail

Okay, originally was going to do Flower Veil + Dragon Dance, but when checking calcs there were very few Pokemon in the tier that could stand up to Petal Blizzard + Earthquake + Outrage at +1, and with status immunity there would've been very few options to stop it.

Instead, I decided to go for a more defensive buff. Flower Veil provides status immunity and protection from stat drops. Wish with Base 80 HP along with status immunity + Electric, Ground and Water resists could enable it to be a decent Cleric and (hopefully) a viable alternative to Lickilicky. Additionally, other sets such as Dual Screens, Leech Seed and Swords Dance all would benefit from status immunity. Swords Dance in particular could be quite potent against slower teams, as it could easily setup on and break through more passive Pokemon without any fear of sleep, paralysis, burn, or Toxic crippling it, and its coverage while limited is only resisted by Cottonee and Shedinja.

Type:Grass/Dragon
Meganium @ Salac Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Outrage

Alright, so I think we can all agree that Meganium isn't the farthest thing from a dragon. With access to moves like Dragon Tail and Outrage combined with its saurian appearance, I think it's fitting. I also didn't want to go the route of just lazily throwing Dragon Dance on a dragon and calling it a day. So, with its natural access to SD and its decent speed tier, Sub Salac came to mind. Power Whip is an addition that I think synergizes well with the set (subbing down to overgrow) and is a much needed high base point STAB to supplement Meganium's sub-par attack stat. It's also an attack that isn't out of place considering Meganium's overall theme and design.

With Meganiums decent speed and its ability to force switches in this water heavy meta, Substitute can be abused without much effort. Quad-resistances to Water, Electric, and Grass combined with its decent bulk also provide it many oppurtunities to sub and allows you to avoid the dreaded Ice Shard of Doom™ from the ever so common Piloswine. After the Salac boost Meganium outspeeds the un-scarfed meta, bar ninjask, and can do quite a bit of work at +2 with STAB Outrage and Overgrow boosted Power Whip. Just my take on this week's mon.

Last edited:
Meganium @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Petal Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail / Outrage / Toxic

Reasoning:
Chlorophyll- Its a plant they chloro

A set simply for a sun team pretty much in the sun you will double your speed and attack.

P-Blizzard is your go to move on this set being a strong Stab and having a nice base power of 90 you will most likely spam this move unless resisted or immune

Eq allows you to hit Steel-types,Fire-types and Zebstrika which either resist or are immune to a Stab grass attack.

Iron Tail and Outrage are simply choices these two moves allow you to grass types which otherwise heavily stop you with Meganium not having any physical Flying,Fire,Poison or Ice attacks in its available movepool after an SD or two you should be able to make a decent dent but you can also use Toxic puts these mons on a timer which would allow Meganium to sweep later.

Edit-Apologies and thanks to MZ who reminded me how to pokemon again

Last edited by a moderator:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These are some good submissions but we're now moving into a new format and a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)