ORAS NU The Power Of Pikachu!

So this is one of my older teams and recently I decided to perfect it to a T. Take in mind I'm not what you would call an 'experienced' battler but hey, this team might actually turn out pretty good.
The Process
So my obvious first Pokemon is a fast physical Pikachu, but this isn't your ordinary Pikachu. It's Pikachu-Belle!

Since Pikachu is more of a pivot than anything, it would go well with another pivot so my next choice was Xatu since it could reflect anything a Tangela or Ferroseed can throw at him.

The next thing I needed was a Set-up, and my absolute favorite NU set-up is Combusken. It can stall for quite a long time and baton passes all of it's built up speed to the next Pokemon.

The next thing I needed was a spinner, Cryogonal was my original choice but in most battles he could never last more than 2 turns so I went with Claydol since he's bulkier, can pack a punch, and also has entry hazards!

Since my team was getting full of physical Pokemon, I needed a specially offensive Pokemon. There were tons of options but I went with Mismagius since she is a really good Specs set and doubles as a wall breaker and spin blocker!

It took me literally forever to figure out what Pokemon I should top it all off with. But after lot's of thinking and going through moves; I went with Hariyama.

Pikachu-Belle
Nature: Jolly
Item: Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Moves: Icicle Crash, Nuzzle, Brick Break, Volt Switch
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SPD
Pikachu is more of a pivot than anything, his goal is to paralyze the target and do whatever once it's pulled off. You can spam Icicle Crash for flinch hacks or Volt Switch for a whole lot of options.

Xatu
Nature: Calm
Item: Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Moves: Psychic, Thunder Wave, U-Turn, Roost
EVs: 248 HP, 8 SpA, 252 SpD
Xatu and Pikachu make the ultimate tag team. Xatu can switch in to almost anything and set up. Once everything is in place Pikachu comes in and sweeps everything up.

Combusken
Nature: Jolly
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Baton Pass, Protect, Substitute, Flame Charge
EVs: 252 SpD, 248 HP, 8 Atk
Combusken is always the first Pokemon to come out, it stalls until it's speed is high enough and then Baton Passes to another Pokemon to speed up the slaughter.

Mismagius
Nature: Timid
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Energy Ball, Power Gem, Trick, Shadow Ball
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Mismagius is a great Specs and can take care of any Hariyama on the battlefield or it can use Trick to ruin any set up.

Claydol
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Psychic
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, SpD 4
Claydol is my main wall and can take care of entry hazards in a snap since he's not weak to rock. He can also set up Stealth Rocks himself and take care of some Pokemon with Earth Power and Psychic.

Hariyama
Nature: Adamant
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Earthquake, Bullet Punch, Knock Off, Close Combat
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, SpD 8
Hariyama is the emergency plan once Pikachu or Xatu faints. In my experience he can take out half of an entire team all on his own.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! If I made any mistakes on my team just tell me, thank you so much for reading this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)