Tournament The ORAS NU Ladder Tourrnament III [Won by Teddeh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NLT4 Sandbag
(Sandbagging is when you put all your effort into the last event while not having put any in the prior chances)

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Cycle 3 Qualifiers

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1660 | GXE: 82.9% | Record: 80-24 (76.9%)
Rank: #2 | ELO: 1659 | GXE: 84.5% | Record: 67-18 (78.8%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1658 | GXE: 88.9% | Record: 51-10 (83.6%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1655 | GXE: 85.8% | Record: 67-13 (83.8%)​

Notable / Popular Cycle 3 Teams (Written by Evan.)

Below are some popular teams used during Cycle 3. These show some of the trends provide some insight into the type of builds people were using to compete with (mainly offense and balance). I may have missed a few, so please feel free to mention any teams you feel were popular during the cycle and I will add them. Note, replays were a little tedious to find, so if there are better ones people have in mind, please let me know and I'll include them as well.
  • - Teddeh's balance team is back and better than ever, this time being used by the cycle's #1 qualifier Orphic (and probably many others). This is the team's third appearance in 3 weeks which should tell you everything you need to know about the team's (and balance in general) effectiveness in the current metagame. Replays #1 #2
  • - Appearing for the first time is this sash-spam team built originally by Lax, which was utilized by skrubrekker69 for the majority of the cycle. The team utilizes Hitmonchan and Xatu in order to keep hazards off the field which allows Sash Vivillon, Sash Shiftry and Charizard to break through opposing teams. It also utilizes Sash Aurorus in order to get Stealth Rock up early and put alot of early pressure on the opponent. This is the 2nd Hyper Offense team that has qualified in as many weeks which shows how effective it can be for laddering right now. Replays #1 #2 #3
  • - Used by Garay oak, this team is another strong example of balance in today's metagame. Utilizing a strong defensive core with Gastrodon + Regirock, as well as a strong offensive core in Scyther + Jynx + Hariyama, the team synergizes very well and is very difficult to break through. The team also makes use of the increasingly popular Defog Skuntank to round out the team in order to keep hazards clear for Jynx + Scyther. Replays #1
  • - Another Scyther Balance team used by Dominatio makes an appearance in the top 4, showing how strong of an archetype it is right now. This team is very similar to the one used by Garay oak with a few role changes here and there, mainly using Poliwrath as a water check instead of Gastrodon and using Xatu as hazard control instead of Skuntank. It also utilizes the seldom seen Torterra in order to break fatter balances. Replays #1 #2
Overall this was a great cycle, and feel free to PM me more teams that you think should be included, or just post it yourself below. Also please note that most of the qualifiers used a multitude of teams this cycle, but I just chose the teams that had shown the most consistency.

Sorry for this being late had a crazy week in terms of school, huge shoutouts to Evan. for getting the notable / popular teams together and writing it up. Good luck to everyone in contention for this last cycle, you have around 22 hours from this post till the deadline!

Hi, I'm just pointing out that in this post you said the deadline was 6pm EST Oct 14: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...nament-iii-week-4.3582420/page-8#post-7023418

But the main post says 8pm PST. I'm assuming the most recent post is accurate, but because me and lucianvega only checked the main post we thought we had several hours left and didn't ladder enough. :/

Something crucial like a deadline change shouldn't have been buried on page 8 of sign ups with no other indications anywhere else.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Cycle 4 is now over! Congrats to the final qualifiers who can be seen here
The final few qualifiers are sanjay., soTsoT, Bushtush, Dibs The Dreamer

And now we have Stage 2, Playoffs!

Round 1 (Thanks to Luigi for the pairings)

sanjay. vs. TTFTW
Teddeh vs. Garay oak
HJAD vs. skrubrekker69
soTsoT vs. Bushtush
Orphic vs. Dibs The Dreamer
Dominatio vs. Advantage
rozes vs. Shadestep
Aquajetbreloom vs. Lcans

Rules can be seen in the OP, remember VM contact is the only thing I will base activity off of

Deadline is Friday October 21st

I'll post cycle 4 recap + get some cool graphics later

Last edited:
I'm super busy with school and love to John so Lcans and I are playing sometime Thursday.

E: also Teddeh I'm coming for ur neck

Last edited:
I fuckin knew it. Teddeh's gonna smack me r1. That's my luck tho

Edit: Contacted and Dibs is a GOD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)