The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's some BS that I can't add a player that hasn't played this week (in this case the NY Giants defense) because the waiver process for next week has already started

all because I forgot to swap the defense I added this week into the starting slot, RIP me

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just in case anyone was wondering, two bench players is not equal to one starter when offering a trade. Don't ask for starters if you're not offering at least one of your own.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since we're doing this publically

it's cute how you think Ty Mont with broken ribs who hasn't broken 9 points since week 2 is a starter

its cute how you think wendell smallwood who leads the eagles backfield in touches when healthy isn't a good flex consideration

its cute how you think cards #2 and well targeted John Brown isn't a WR3

I want to acquire a startable RB2. With that offer I'm banking on Ty Mont being that knowing full well that for the next three weeks, until he comes off his bye, he probably gets me ten points total. I'm offering you a replacement RB in smallwood who immediately plays in your lineup this week with Abdullah on bye and a receiver who is unquestionably better than your current flex in lolmari cooper

so get your eyes checked and learn how to value players in a trade, if you don't think you can afford to lose ty mont that's a whole different thing entirely than me not offering fair value

No way does TyMont get anywhere close to the number of touches he was getting earlier this season to amass that starter value since he's shown consistently he's not a durable player and now has Aaron Jones breathing down his neck for snaps. You can even say the loss of Rodgers hurts his ROS prospects but that just means they run the ball more so it's a wash from that perspective. It's a fair trade

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I disagree, with Rodgers gone I expect tymont to get more touches as his ribs heal as the packers will need to rely more on their run game.

Brown is not unquestionably better than Cooper, Cooper has just had a rough start to his season. He's been a proven stud for the last few years, and is more likely to return to those numbers than john Brown, who is fragile and plays in a wildly unpredictable Arizona offense, is to stay ahead of him. John Brown has not been a reliable starter in his career despite the situation seeming to be in his favor. Every time it's started to look like he's emerging as a solid starter, he vanishes. This has happened multiple times over the last few years, and that does not make me feel good about his prospects this time around.

As for Smallwood, he's not even a good rb when healthy. I get a lot of eagles coverage where I live and there has been zero indication at any point that they had intentions of leaning on Smallwood in a significant role. Unlike tymont, who was pegged as 'the guy' before the season started and delivered before he got hurt, Smallwood began as a backup and, at the peak of his usage, got a similar amount of touches to Blount. He's also hurt now, by the way, with a soft tissue injury (calf) that absolutely cripples a running back's acceleration. Ribs heal in a matter of a few weeks, calves take months to get back to 100%.

So, in conclusion, sure I'm going to have to wait another couple weeks before tymont is full go again, but I believe he's trending upward, whereas I believe Smallwood and Brown are trending downward.

It wasn't a bad move, for what it's worth. It was a classic buy low/sell high scenario to try to capitalize on Smallwood and Brown's recent success as well as tymont's injury. I wasn't saying you were stupid for offering, just that it wasn't a fair trade.

And I didn't mention anyone by name in my post and left it very vague, so there was no reason whatsoever for you to act all butthurt and type a response like that. If I'd called you out personally that's fine, but I didn't, so spare me the manufactured indignity.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wasn't saying you were stupid for offering, just that it wasn't a fair trade.

And I didn't mention anyone by name in my post and left it very vague, so there was no reason whatsoever for you to act all butthurt and type a response like that. If I'd called you out personally that's fine, but I didn't, so spare me the manufactured indignity.
Just in case anyone was wondering, two bench players is not equal to one starter when offering a trade. Don't ask for starters if you're not offering at least one of your own.
Blatant lie. Neither of the players I offered are bench players so if you expect to get all high and mighty about "hurr durr look at all these crappy offers" you better well expect I'm calling you out on the bs.

Beside that considering I'm actively trying to make a trade with someone available for that RB2 it's in my best interest to explain why my trades are fair offers.

Little Amari Cooper fun fact: targets on the season = 13/5/5/8/2/6
receptions on the season 5/4/1/2/1/5
Know how many yards he got in the 5/6 game? 28.

Amari's season is busted, he'll be good again, but not this year.

Meanwhile John Brown actually has the ability to catch a touchdown ball while averaging >6 targets across games started.

If you disagree you disagree, but it was absolutely a fair offer and nowhere near warranted a post from you.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Texas Cloverleaf You're welcome to value guys how you see fit, so am I. When you offer someone a trade, you don't get to tell them what they're worth. The person being offered the trade determines worth by accepting or declining.

That being said, even though I was vague and short, I see now my post was pretty passive aggressive so sorry if you felt attacked. I still don't agree with your assessments of the players in question, but I don't think we're all that far apart to warrant more aggression. Sorry for getting haughty, hope we can be fren again :)

Edit: also looks like I mixed up Smallwood with someone else. His injury is to the knee, don't remember who has the calf injury now lol

Last edited:
yeah 44pts on my bench.

i was just going to ride it out, but EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE said sit, for a plethora of reasons.

so now i get to watch Chris Hogan, Ahgolor and Kupp not get 44pts between them.

fuck fantasy football in the throat.

when a trigger happy dude releases Elliot and you pick him up without anyone knowing.. Poor guy. (not this league)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)