Project The Next Best Thing - ORAS RU Edition (Hitmontop Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

So you revenge kill something that is naturally slower than Hitmonlee, and upon not seeing any Life Orb damage, they assume something like Scarf or Reversal, so Fletch is easy revenge killer right? Well with this set, you live one unboosted Acro from full, and then kill with Stone Edge. Pretty meh since you have to be at 100% for this to work(or pray for dem low rolls amiright?), and you lose out on some power, but still, a neat little lure.

252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 60 Def Coba Berry Hitmonlee: 204-240 (84.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Hitmonlee Stone Edge vs. 152 HP / 76 Def Fletchinder: 620-732 (204.6 - 241.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Foresight

The idea is simple, if your opponent has a spiritomb or had some colbur jellicent or something so knock off isnt really doing much, all u need to do is foresight on the switch and watch something drop
252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 320-378 (79.4 - 93.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Mach Punch

Dual Priority Hitmonlee is pretty cool. Sucker Punch and Mach Punch allow it to beat some of its checks that it wouldn't be able to with one priority move. For example, Delphox wouldn't expect Hitmonlee to run Sucker Punch along with Mach Punch, allowing Hitmonlee to come out on top. It also kills scarf hoopa which is pretty cool.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Pretty cool but gimmicky set that can make for easy sweeps late-game. Basically Endure allows you to survive any hit with at least 1 HP, so you have a boosted Reversal with +1 Attack, which is extremely powerful. However, it's weak to priority and Fairies, and doesn't have much use early game, so it's best left till end-game where it's checks are eliminated.

Hitmonlee @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

You guys are all familiar with SubSalac Garchomp, right? You set up a sub since you're decently bulky n shit (plus nothing that doesn't resist it wants to take a Chomp eq I don't play OU so the hell do I know), get a few SDs up, then once you get to the sub that triggers the Salac Berry, the only thing stopping chomp is the 'X' button (or skarmory w/e). Well, this set will do ig. Execution is pretty simple: get a substitute up against Alomomola (which can't OHKO your sub if it's Scald / Toxic) or forced switches (which is pretty easy for Hitmonlee to do tbh), set up your possible amount of BU's (usually 2 or 3 at most). By then, Hitmonlee is pretty threatening, since it has a boost to its already great Attack Stat and its meager Defense stat is getting patched up making it harder to revenge kill with neutral priority. The fun begins once you eat your Sitrus Berry. NOW Imagine a +2 Atk / Def Hitmonlee with 546 speed. Yeah. Pretty cool late game cleaner, imo. Now I know what you're saying: 'boohoo you get cockblocked by Fairies and Fletchinder', 'boohoo liechi endure actually works'. Maybe you're right, but screw that I just need to get this out of the way.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-382396313 Since he was scarf boomburst (>_>) I knew I could manage to clutch out a BU while still having enough HP to trigger the Sitrus Berry after getting hit by a boomburst.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-382390320 As this was dual screens Uxie, I knew Hitmonlee would have a BREEZE setting up subs for a sicc late game cleaning.

Ik these battles aren't the greatest, but they're the best I've got after 30~ ladder battles; cut me some slack, guys D:

Last edited:
Oh yeah you may vote now

E: please vote the name of the user your vote's going for too :P

Last edited:
/me wins

Next mon is:

Sneasel!

As always, nomming ends next week, the actualy cycle finishes on the 21st

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard / Pursuit
- Iron Tail

I use this set on DarkSpam teams a lot, mostly because Sneasel gives DarkSpam teams a lot more speed which helps with stuff like Virizion, and Iron Tail is a nice luring tool for Diancie and other Fairies, OHKOing Diancie and 2HKOing Aromatisse after Rocks damage. It also hits Mega Glalie for really nice damage, OHKOing it after Rocks as well. This helps support the other Dark-types by getting rid of Diancie, one of their bigger checks, and chipping away at Aromatisse and Granbull so the other Dark-types or Sneasel itself can power through later in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)