The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

My Emerald run, which was my first Pokémon game:

- Taught Cut to a Blaziken. I didn't know what the Move Deleter was. Yeah.
- Kept Night Shade over Shadow Ball on Sableye.
- Aforementioned Blaziken and Sableye were at Level 70 by the Elite Four because I relied on only them. Rest of my team was a Breloom, Swellow, and a few other things I don't remember in the mid-forties.

FireRed:

- Didn't get the HM Flash until I got Rock Tunnel. That was one very long backtrack to go get it.
- Never found Fly or the Exp. Share.
- On another run, I went back to the usual "train half a team and neglect everyone else" strategy I used in Emerald. Charizard, Zapdos, and Starmie were in the mid-fifties, while Victreebel, Nidoking and something else, I think it might have been Jolteon, were in the mid-thirties.

This isn't the most stupid thing I've done, but it's definitely up there.

I was playing Moon and faced a Golem-A. For some reason I thought it was a Steel type (instead of the Rock/Electric it actually was) and played accordingly. That didn't work out too well...

Uhh…first post here.

I deleted my White game because…I'm stupid. It had so many sentimental Pokèmon, such as a Stunfisk and Lapras my friend(who was a transfer student from Japan) gave me during a field trip(we had so much fun, even though we baely understood each other)

I also did with White 2, but it wasn't was bad, as I traded A LOT of Pokèmon to my White(the reset one).

Considering how much stuff there was uncompleted, It was kind of stupid that I restarted.

This is less a thing and more a things.

Because I never truly got into the series until I played Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, I went into Diamond completely unaware of type immunities. It took some time to pull myself together.

So, I was just on Route 3 in Moon trying to get the rarest Pokemon out there, the coveted Level 9-10 Salamence. After a few wild Pokemon, I found a Bagon, so I started with my strategy.

After weakening the first Bagon, I sent the Level 20 Wishiwashi I got on a Wonder Trade to start KOing the partners. Ocasionally, I'd switch to another Pokemon to KO the earliest Bagon to ensure it would never run out of PP.

Everything went fine and dandy until...

Level 9 Bagon at red health summoned a Level 11 Bagon. I had my Dartrix use Peck on the summoned Bagon and leaves it at around 50%. I think "If Peck did this, then Razor Leaf should leave it in the red, given it is a resisted spread attack".

Both were KOed.

Not gonna try to fish for that Salamence again.

I counted on something on the GTS being there when I got back.

I've been GTSing and Wonder Trading to fill up my Hoenn Dex so I can get my Oval Charm. I'm only missing one Pokémon - Kyogre (I have OR).

So I go on the GTS to look for a Kyogre and find someone offering one for a Level 51-60 Eelektross. Given that I have a Level 36 Tynamo, I figure this is reasonable and go through the Elite Four to get it up to Level 51, speeding things up by speedrunning the Elite Four and then throwing the battle against Glacia once I hit 51.

I get my Eelektross, and go back to the GTS, only to find that either someone snapped up the Kyogre or the poster pulled it off the GTS.

tl;dr: GTS legend-for-non-legend trades go quick. Don't count on them being there when you get back.

In my first playthrough of Pokemon Platinum at age 8 I overleveled my Infernape (I thought I had to) and the second best Pokemon in my party was at level34 at the time of fighting Giratina. I failed to catch Giratina my first time, but hadn't saved since the beginning of the dungeon so I had to go through the entire thing again, and then I lost to Cyrus.

Well, the game does not exactly tell you it's programmed to never become shiny...
No, dummy. In Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. It's not shiny locked there.

I was hoping I could get a good shiny Zekrom to trade it for a good shiny Reshiram, since Reshiram is practically my spirit Pokemon.

I thought that my game was broken when I experienced outside of battle poison damage for the first time. I was really scared that I couldn't progress.
I was playing Platinum on emulator just before getting my first Pokémon actual game. I just had obtained Return's TM, and I taught it to my Grotle because an in-game character I can't remember told me it was happy. However, while fighting Team Galactic for first time, it got poisoned. I was scared outside of battle poison damage would make my Grotle faint and lower its happiness a lot, so I taught it Cut over Return (and in Platinum, TMs could only be used once...). When Grotle was at 1HP, a message popped up saying that it had "survived the poison". Yeah.

Decided to get some experience of a new batch of Competitive Pokemon and have them reach level 50.

My Pokemon? A Level 53 Aegislash with a Weakness Policy.

The place? Poni Plains.

The time? Night.

Three guesses to say what happened, and the first two don't count.

Decided to get some experience of a new batch of Competitive Pokemon and have them reach level 50.

The place? Poni Plains.

The time? Night.

Well, at least you know the Weakness Policy works.

The place? Poni Plains.

The time? Night.

1. Learned that Aegislash's fingers are nimble enough to hold the pen and sign the policy
Hmmm... definitely couldn't be that
2.Wasted 32 BP
3. I have absolutely no idea anymore

Frantically levelled up my Togetic because I wanted to get Air Slash before evolving it into Togekiss.

Turns out it needs to be evolved and then re-taught Air Slash. Now I have a Level 60 Togetic with 3/4 of the moves I want on it.

Oh, and I was messing around with Metronome on the same Togetic and it called Judgment. Yeah.

I also have a tendency to miss incredibly obvious Mega Stones in ORAS - I just found the Houndoominite last night. Yeah.

Last edited:
WTed a shiny Poliwag that I had just gotten from WT. Realized it as soon as I hit the trade button, and confirmed it in the dex later. (Although in my defense shiny Poliwag looks pretty similar to regular Poliwag and it was late :P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)