THE LITTLE MURDERS OF PORYGON SCIZOR
Rotom-H Shiny DPP Front.png
Heatran Shiny DPP Front.png
Scizor F DPP Front.png
P2 DPP Front.png
Tentacruel DPP Front.png
Bronzong DPP Front.png

( Nice colors UwU :paz: )
Hi everyone. I'm ( finally ) back with another RMT. I've been experimenting a lot in DPP OU and today I'm here to present a team featuring Porygon 2 and Superpower Scizor. Oh and this is my 100th post on Smogon !

First s/o Excal for his post in the little synergies thread and s/o Emeral for his video ( ROAPL Review ) explaining why Porygon 2 + Scizor is a good core. And also thanks to anyone who helped me in the DPP Discord server when I showed the "Beta" version of the actual team asking for advices.

So let's begin !
( s/o at the bottom and the mentions )

Teambuilding process

Part 1 :

Porygon 2 + Scizor : As I said this the core I wanted to build on. Cool balanced core and Porygon 2 is pure heat.

P2 DPP Back.png
Scizor DPP Back.png

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran : After watching Emeral's video, I decided to add a Heatran ( Scarf ) to manage any setup sweeper ( except Suicune, Empoleon Agility and maybe Gastrodon ? ). I was so afraid of Suicune and I needed Stealth Rocks and also a Rock resist.

P2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.png
Heatran Shiny Back DPP.png

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran + Empoleon : Why Empoleon ? With Roar it's the perfect Suicune / Empoleon counter + good Latias switch in + Stealth Rocks with an insane bulk. His job was also to lure Magnezone allowing Porygon 2 to revenge trap it. I'm so weak to Electrics like Zapdos LOL. I need a ground type and a good Breloom / Tyranitar switch in.

P2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.pngHeatran Shiny Back DPP.png
empo.png

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran + Empoleon + Gliscor : Good switch in to Tyranitar and to Breloom thanks to Aerial Ace. But yeah as you can see, Zapdos / Rotom are still problems for the team and I still need a Sleep absorber.

P2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.pngHeatran Shiny Back DPP.pngempo.png
Gliscor DPP Back.png

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran + Empoleon + Gliscor + Rotom-Heat ( lead ) : Now I have an Electric Resist and a status absorber and an ok switch in to Swampert ! Rotom is faster than 219 pokemons that means Empoleon lead and Choice Band Swampert lead. Nice my team is ready ! Time to test it.

Rotom-H Shiny DPP Back.png
P2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.pngHeatran Shiny Back DPP.pngempo.pngGliscor DPP Back.png

So I participated to ROA Tour and I made finals using this. Even if I lost ( fuck Special Swampert lmao ) it was a cool run.

The replays :

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-568864 ( vs Ara )
R1 vs Bulky Offense feat Choice Specs Zapdos

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-568875 ( vs Spl4sh )
R2 vs Hyper Offense, this is the proof that Porygon 2 Scizor Heatran is great vs Hyper Offense.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-568897 ( vs PDC )
Semi-Final vs Balance, turn 21 was decisive. Scizor proving that he's the boss.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-568915 ( vs Mishimono )
Final vs Bulky Offense, I think opp CTed me here by using a Special Swampert and a Will-o-Wisp Gengar. Special Swampert nukes the team and Will-o-Wisp Gengar can burn Porygon 2 / Scizor ( or destroy Heatran with Focus Blast lmao ). I think I could have played a bit better but that was hard to win this game. Anyway I saw the weaknesses of my team and that was cool games.

The team had many huge weaknesses so I asked for advices in the DPP Discord server.

Teambuilding process

Part 2 :

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran + Tentacruel : I understood that Tentacruel is like mandatory with Porygon 2 + Scizor : Toxic Spikes setter ( helps a lot against Waters ) / absorber, spinner and good switch in to Infernape and can try to bait Breloom with Sludge Bomb. Now an Electric resist ?

P2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.pngHeatran Shiny Back DPP.png
Tentacruel DPP Back.png

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran + Tentacruel + Rotom-Heat ( lead ) : Same job, Electric resist, Status absorber etc etc. I need Stealth Rocks, another Ground immunity and something that can lure Magnezone allowing Porygon 2 to revenge trap it.

Rotom-H Shiny DPP Back.png
P2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.pngHeatran Shiny Back DPP.pngTentacruel DPP Back.png

Porygon 2 + Scizor + Heatran + Tentacruel + Rotom-Heat + Bronzong : I don't really like defensive Bronzong but it is fantastic here : Ground immunity, Stealth Rocks setter, Good switch in to Latias, EXPLOSION, etc etc. Bronzong is the goat here. And this is the final version of the team.

Rotom-H Shiny DPP Back.pngP2 DPP Back.pngScizor DPP Back.pngHeatran Shiny Back DPP.pngTentacruel DPP Back.png
Bronzong DPP Back.png

A Closer Look :

Euphrasie Maillol (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def /
56 Spe
Bold Nature

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom Heat Art.jpg

• The lead. 56 EVs in speed to outspeed Empoleon, max speed Adamant Tyranitar, max speed Adamant Machamp, some Suicunes and max speed Adamant Swampert ( Aka Choice Band Swampert most of the time ). Rest in HP and in Defense.​
  • Ghost type to prevent the Spin and Explosion and as I said earlier an Electric resist.​
  • Checks : Machamp, Scizor, Aerodactyl, Jirachi ( Physical version ), Hippowdon, Lucario, Metagross, Zapdos, Swampert ( not the Special versions ) ...​
  • Sleep / Status absorber.​
  • Option : Shadow Ball > Thunderbolt ( better vs Breloom and vs Substitute Will-O-Wisp Pain Split Rotom )​

Marlène Leroy (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast

- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Ice
- Explosion

Heatran Art.png
  • The revenge killer, outspeeds +1 Kingdra. Max Special Attack, rest in HP.
  • Dragon Pulse for Latias, Dragonite, Kingdra etc.
  • Hidden Power Ice is better vs Dragonite / Flygon but you really want to hit Kingdra here.
  • Explosion is Explosion. Helps a lot vs Suicune
  • Fire Immunity + Steel typing
  • Covers : Lucario ( if Rotom is KO or if Lucario has Crunch ), Nasty Plot Celebi, Calm Mind Jirachi, Swords Dance Scizor...

Swan Laurence (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician

EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 4 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance

- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Scizor Art.png

• The sweeper. Outspeeds non invested Nidoqueen (169) so you can Roost on it ( unless it has Flamethrower ) . EVed to live two Surf from Timid Specs Latias + Stealth Rocks. I don't remember what are the 4 Defense EVs for lol ( pretty sure you can put them in Attack lmao ). Rest in Attack and Adamant nature for more power.​
  • Superpower for stuff like Heatran, Magnezone, Bronzong, Empoleon, Metagross, Jirachi, Skarmory, others Scizors and Swampert, Quagsire, Milotic ( even if Toxic Spikes put them on a timer ).​
  • Also helps to revenge kill stuff like DD Tar even if Fire Funch is common on it or any Dragon locked into Outrage ( if Heatran is KO ).​
  • You need to paralyse Heatran / Magnezone before trying to setup and sweep.​
  • Second Steel type of the team.​
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Surf vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Scizor: 136-160 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery​

Alice Avril (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace

EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Porygon 2 Art.jpg

• The master piece of the team. EVed to outspeed 16 EVs in Speed Swampert. 160 EVs in Defense + Bold Nature to live a non Life Orb boosted Outrage from Dragonite. Max HP and the rest in Special Defense for special hits like Earth Power from Heatran, Thunderbolt from Zapdos or Draco Meteor from Mixed Flygon.​
  • What does that do ? Thx to Trace, Porygon 2 can copy the foe's ability and that means abilities like Intimidate from Gyarados, Flash Fire from Heatran, Magnet Pull from Magnezone, Levitate from Flygon, Natural Cure from Starmie / Blissey / Celebi, etc etc etc. It's like a Bold Clef but with different advantages.​
  • Thunderbolt for Gyarados ( The best counter to Gyarados ? ) and Ice beam for Dragonite / Flygon / Gliscor.​
  • Thunder Wave allows you to annoy even more Heatran and Magnezone allowing Scizor to outspeed them after a Thunder Wave.​
  • Porygon 2 is fire lol, so fun to use.​
  • Some calcs :​
  • +1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Porygon2: 277-327 (74 - 87.4%)
  • 0 SpA Porygon2 Thunderbolt vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 288-340 (83.4 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 0 SpA Porygon2 Thunderbolt vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 288-340 (77.8 - 91.8%)
  • 0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Flygon: 340-404 (112.9 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Flygon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Porygon2: 207-244 (55.3 - 65.2%) + -2 252 SpA Life Orb Flygon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Porygon2: 102-121 (27.2 - 32.3%) = 97,5 max =====> Remember that Porygon 2 traced Levitate so Flygon cannot threaten it with Earthquake.
  • 0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Porygon2: 120-142 (32 - 37.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Arlette Carmouille (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze

EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf

- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Tentacruel Art.jpg

• The spinner and Toxic Spikes setter. 16 in Speed to outspeed every Adamant Breloom, 20 in Special Defense to live two Shadow Ball from Life Orb Gengar and the rest in Defense + Bold nature to handle things like Infernape / Breloom. Fighting resist.​
  • Spikes are a big problem for the team and Porygon 2 hates Toxic Spikes so Tentacruel is perfect here.​
  • Sludge Bomb can bait Breloom or just force it out​
  • Toxic Spikes to deal with Milotic / Swampert / Quagsire / Gastrodon etc.​
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 16 SpD Tentacruel: 144-171 (39.6 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO​
  • 0 SpA Tentacruel Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 109-129 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO ( 2HKO with Life Orb recoil )
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 224+ Def Tentacruel: 105-124 (28.9 - 34.1%)​
  • 252+ Atk Breloom Seed Bomb vs. 248 HP / 224+ Def Tentacruel: 139-165 (38.2 - 45.4%). I know thats a lot but also remember that a lot of Brelooms are defensive or just not max Attack.​
  • 0 SpA Tentacruel Sludge Bomb vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 242-288 (91.6 - 109%)​
  • 0 SpA Tentacruel Sludge Bomb vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 242-288 (75.6 - 90%)​
  • Options : Knock off over Sludge Bomb or Surf ? I'm struggling against Rotom because I cannot Knock it. Maybe Hydro Pump > Surf ? Hits harder Rotom / Gengar.​

Ernest Tricard (Bronzong) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock

- Payback
- Earthquake

- Explosion

Bronzong Art.jpg

• The glue and the Stealth Rocks setter of the team. Adamant nature in order to 2HKO with Payback Scarf Rotom and Specs / Scarf Latias. Rest in Special Defense to tank better Draco Meteors and other stuff.​
  • Rock resist, Ground immunity, Steel typing so he can lure the foe's Magnezone allowing Porygon 2 to revenge trap it.​
  • Explosion again to help vs Suicune and Earthquake helps overall vs non Wish Calm Mind Jirachi.​
  • 0+ Atk Bronzong Payback (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 158-186 (52.4 - 61.7%)​
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Bronzong: 108-128 (31.9 - 37.8%)​
  • 0+ Atk Bronzong Payback (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 136-160 (56.4 - 66.3%)​
  • 252 SpA Rotom-Wash Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Bronzong: 96-114 (28.4 - 33.7%)​
  • 0+ Atk Bronzong Payback (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%)​
  • 0 SpA Rotom-Wash Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Bronzong: 76-91 (22.4 - 26.9%)​

Replays :

Well I have NOTHING LOL, it's mostly a fun team so I used it a lot for friendlies so nothing very "tryhard". I have only one tournament replay with it but I swear I will add some.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1383379864 vs a bulky offense based on Spikes + Wish Calm Mind Jirachi.

Threatlist :

Empoleon Agility : Very hard to deal with ngl. Don't allow him to get a free Agility / Substitute ( only Tentacruel allows that ).
Choice Specs Zapdos / Agility Zapdos : I'm weak to Electrics so I'm weak to Specs Zapdos. Put your rocks and prevent the spin with Rotom. Rotom can come take Thunderbolts. Agility Zapdos ( with Roost or without Roost ) is a massive pain. I guess you have to revenge kill it with Heatran but if Zapdos is not in range of Fire Blast you have to explode.
Sand : chip Rotom / Porygon 2 and above all Tentacruel.
Rain teams : kek, one thing to do : forfeit.
Suicune : PAIN, you have to explode with Bronzong ig but Protect Suicune ruins it so ... yeah gl lmao. Toxic Spikes can help but if Suicune is paired with a Toxic Spikes absorber like Roserade / Nidoqueen it's going to be incredibly hard to deal with. Oh and of course CroCune doesn't care about Toxic Spikes.
Breloom : Even if I have a Sleep absorber and Sludge Bomb on Tentacruel, Breloom is still a pain even more when it is paired with a Choice Band Tyranitar.
Life Orb Starmie : Well gl LOL but it's not very common so ig it's fine. And maybe you can hope for a Hydro Pump miss ? ( Bronzong can tank a Hydro Pump and deal huge damage with Payback in return ).
Toxic / Explosion Heatran : Toxic is uncommon on it but ruins Porygon 2. I think if you face this you can forfeit ( Tentacruel can force it out ig but doesn't like Earth Power ). Explosion is annoying but the trade is fine normally.
Any lead that have the advantage on Rotom : Latias, Heatran, etc
I probably forgot some. :mehowth:

Porygon 2 + Scizor is hard to build on so any feedback / suggestions will be appreciated.
Thx for reading and have a nice day !

The Team : https://pokepast.es/88417379df38190d

A quick s/o to : every members of the DPP community, to every french DPPers, to my French Community League captain Cicada ( WICKED ARMY SUPREMACY sauf Flex OKLM :rolling_eyes: ), to all my friends Sirwings ( When SCL ? ) Inder ( Ubers Next Goat ) oldcvcv ( PAZ enjoyer ) bynum ( <3 ) BestPeeys1234 ( Ladder Heroat ) Gensil ( reviens bebou ) Shogeki ( Le bro ) Oqo ( même si t'es très con parfois <3 ) Carson Clay ( goat toi aussi ) ( I can't ping everyone so I stop here but I love you all )... , to every members of the BIG CRIT discord server, to every members of the Croq'une Monsieur and of the Unaware Quagsire ( team member or helper etc ) and to the goats BKC and McMeghan.

Credits :

If my english is bad sry =(.

Oh and go watch The Little Murders of Agatha Christie / Agatha Christie's Criminal Games ( Season 1 with Larosière > all ), I personnaly love it as you see :paz:.

Last edited:

Pideous

World Defender
to nitpick, the bronzong set is wasting evs. better to go like
Bronzong
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
for better attack without sacrificing spdef. scarftran is quite underrated imo. very cool team, well executed

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
:blobthumbsup: Hey Man, really interesting and creative Build you got there!
P2 + Scizor is a Goated Combo.

Also why is the Lead Rotom?
ty man
water leads like swampert ( i don't have a correct switch in to it ) empo ( rotom outspeed modest empo ) / gyara ( which is not revenge killed by scarf tran, explosion is not a good way to deal with gyara ), skarm because even if I have a spinner, spinning is hard in DPP ( spikes + ghost ), etc
And overall rotom is a fine lead, tbolt + burn scare a lot of leads

ty man
water leads like swampert ( i don't have a correct switch in to it ) empo ( rotom outspeed modest empo ) / gyara ( which is not revenge killed by scarf tran, explosion is not a good way to deal with gyara ), skarm because even if I have a spinner, spinning is hard in DPP ( spikes + ghost ), etc
And overall rotom is a fine lead, tbolt + burn scare a lot of leads
Alright, makes sense. Good work :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)