The Everything NHL Thread

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
What the heck is going on with the Lightning... They were basically unstoppable all season and now they haven't even won one game in the FIRST ROUND against Columbus of all teams. One of the biggest playoff meltdowns so far that I've ever seen... My heart goes out to you Tampa fans, it's almost like they wanted to imitate Buffalo or something.

Momentum is a hell of a thing and losing game 1 after being 3-0 up probably hurt them a lot
What the heck is going on with the Lightning... They were basically unstoppable all season and now they haven't even won one game in the FIRST ROUND against Columbus of all teams. One of the biggest playoff meltdowns so far that I've ever seen... My heart goes out to you Tampa fans, it's almost like they wanted to imitate Buffalo or something.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Well RIP Lightning. That was... All I can say is yikes. Pittsburgh on the edge of elimination as well.

Congratulations to the Blue Jackets on being the first team in NHL history to sweep the President's Trophy winner in the first round!

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
I hate the Pens so I'm glad they got swept even though I had them winning. I feel so bad for Tampa fans after having such a great regular season, it is unbelievable that they got swept and I don't think anyone even predicted Columbus would win the series. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Lightning going forward after this huge choke.

I'm just shocked......greatest upset in NHL history? Feel bad for all the Lightning fan out there especially HoeenHero. Maybe they can pull a Virginia basketball and win the cup next year, just can't believe what happened.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this to happen, but I guess I also did. I never expected the Lightning to be swept in the first round, but I honestly feared they would choke like they have alot. I thought it would be in the later stages of a later round though. I have a feeling its related to the pressure from being expected to win, amplified by having an amazing regular season. Even if its not that, they need to conquor this or there will be no cup for Tampa Bay anytime soon.

Regardless of the outcome of this or future seasons, I'm sticking with the lightning though. I refuse to be a fairweather fan and disappear because of this or any other bad season/outcome. I'll see you next year tampa, and hopefully you'll have the cure to this problem.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Round 2 starts today, and we have all four wild cards teams still in it. The lightning, penguins, and capitals who have dominated the playoffs for the past few years are all eliminated. And my bracket is completely trashed (thanks Lightning :[). Honestly unsure whos going to win, though I'm thinking islanders or sharks. I could easily be wrong based on what I'm seeing going on.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
This year has been a heck of a year, that's for certain... I was not expecting almost any of this to happen. Really not even sure who will win now, with those three strong teams out already. Maybe San Jose or Nashville, but who knows. My bracket is screwed as well...

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Happy that the Blues made the final as they were my favorite team from the East this year and I actually got a prediction right. On the other side, I've never really liked Boston, but they have a solid team and are gonna be tough to beat. Good luck to both teams and hope its a great final.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
This years finals is going to be extra exciting for me. I’ve never really been super into hockey like some of my family have and it’s cool that the Bruins have had some success I never sat down and watched the games intently. But my cousins cousin (cousin in law? [also my uncles godson, so godcousin???]) is Charlie Coyle. My family were practically celebrating in the streets of Weymouth when the Bruins picked him up and I’m super stoked that he’s been doing well for them. Definitely gonna be glued to my tv cheering the team on.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Another great season! Even though my team did pretty poorly which is no surprise, it was still fun to watch. Pretty cool highlight for Sabres when they had first in the league for a day or so and 10 straight wins, of course that didn't lead anywhere... Big congratulations to the Blues on their win, they definitely deserved it. This season's playoffs were weird, so many brackets were ruined. Also the first time where we saw the Presidents' Trophy winner swept in the first round. Definitely a weird year! Excited to see where the next season heads.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
The season has begun! It is the Sabres 50th anniversary and as of this post the Sabres are 2-0-0 and I'm hoping they can keep up the good record. They have new jerseys that I got to see a bit and honestly, I'm not that impressed. The Buffalo was changed from white to gold and sparkly. I much prefer the dark blue and gold jerseys that look much simpler, but also nicer.

That aside, best of luck to everyone's teams this season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)