The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact this entire page I saw, when I opened it, is arguing about Deflategate, SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED 2 1/2 YEARS AGO, irritates me. Can we please move on? -___-
Correcting misinformation is important these days. When it comes to deflategate far too many people still believe the NFL's alternative facts.

If blake bortles can find it within him go back to his almost elite 2015 self then they're going to be a playoff team... too much defensive talent to be forfeiting

I could never accept, and still can't, a 6'7" guy having pass after pass being batted at the line of scrimmage. Come on! Why on earth are you this tall if you're going to release the ball at your shoulder's height?
He had the most batted passes in the league last season if i'm remembering correctly. It's because of his elongated throwing motion which is why all really tall QBs suck so much.

If blake bortles can find it within him go back to his almost elite 2015 self then they're going to be a playoff team... too much defensive talent to be forfeiting
Bottles stats came from garbage time, his 2015 was average at best and he's regressed since then. He can't fix his mechanics and has no confidence in his throwing ability. It's no secret that he's losing the team to Chad fucking Henne, so that right away tells you how lost he is.

Also give me a call when Jacksonvilles defense stops being good on paper and starts being good in real life (which it hasn't in 5+ years)

Bottles stats came from garbage time, his 2015 was average at best and he's regressed since then. He can't fix his mechanics and has no confidence in his throwing ability. It's no secret that he's losing the team to Chad fucking Henne, so that right away tells you how lost he is.

Also give me a call when Jacksonvilles defense stops being good on paper and starts being good in real life (which it hasn't in 5+ years)
What? Dude led the NFL in touchdowns in 2015. Lost all close games except for Texans and Patriots. Also Jacksonville defense finished 6th in the league last season...

His throwing motion went to shit because he stopped training in cali, which is what he did before 2015

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's the answer for the jags. We haven't seen a ton of him in preseason yet either. He could end up being good especially his motion doesn't look like bullshit anymore

What? Dude led the NFL in touchdowns in 2015
Brady did

also the Jags were 25th in points allowed, which while some of that is the terrible offenses fault, is a way more telling stat than total yards.
And they were 31st in points allowed 2015.

I can never understand the hype behind the jaguars, every year people think they'll take next step because of "all their talent" and every year they go 2-14 and sign a bunch of expensive free agents that get cut 2-3 years later.

I definitely can't see them doing much this year with the Doug Marrone and Blake Bortles coach+QB duo.

Last edited:
I also think the Panthers/Cam Newton are being wildly overrated and will suck this season.

Hot take: Cam's just a slightly better than average QB (not top 10) that had an outlier season that he'll never repeat.

Now they want him to run less (lol) and win from the pocket which hes incapable of doing.

I also think the Panthers/Cam Newton are being wildly overrated and will suck this season.

Hot take: Cam's just a slightly better than average QB (not top 10) that had an outlier season that he'll never repeat.

Now they want him to run less (lol) and win from the pocket which hes incapable of doing.
We'll see. I have high hopes (take advantage of this last year of a Gettleman-built roster... that still confuses me btw) for this season. There's a real chance they'll start 3-0, with Ws against the Niners, Bills, and Saints. Pats are the real test.

By the way, I've heard Ealy been sucking, are these reports true? Lol and everyone was talking about how the Panthers got fleeced in that trade (I miss you Gettleman).

Also, when it mattered most, Cam was a wide-eyed child wanting to run for mama every time he saw Von Miller. He probably still has nightmares.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The hot white people takes about Cam Newton are coming in. The crop looks ripe this year.

Cam is fucking amazing and he's in a garbage offense who can't playcall it's way out of a paper bag. You are right that he can't replicate that one season because it required him to be a ridiculous Adonis God of football to achieve that level of production with the tools he had.

The overrated NFC south QB was just league MVP and he's gonna crash to reality this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)