The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got middle LBs working the opposite side just as hard as the QBs, so who's to say they aren't as important or working as hard as QBs. Brady or Rodgers is a given, but the NFL list (voted by players, so automatically inaccurate) goes bipolar with rookies or sophomores in the top half or 20, while injured players are still being ranked (AP had #98?) on their legacy. Then some omissions entirely (Jordan Howard). Game's way too team-based and position-specific. And even coaching affects a team's performance and looks.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like they signed some dude from indoor football league instead of kaepernick. That's just rude lol

I think talking about Kaepernick is mostly pointless now seeing as its not really a football issue anymore. There are probably other more serious threads for stuff like this.

Personally don't really care enough to say anything other than "Hey that dude's pretty good, he should be on a team."

Looks like they signed some dude from indoor football league instead of kaepernick. That's just rude lol
Well it depends on what Flacco's injury is really, if it's more of a week to week instead of what was originally given, it makes more sense to invest in a training camp arm over someone that's probably commanding more money.

...that being said they probably should really look into Kaep anyways given how horrible Ryan Mallet is. Assuming Kaep is going to accept backup level amounts of money with no illusion of who the starter is. Jim might've ridden the hot hand, but John most definitely is sticking with Flacco in any event.

Also...Niners hype at all? Yeah probably not, but as this has been a pretty quiet offseason for the most part, that's a plus over the distractions the last few have had. Roll with Hoyer for this year, pick up a few wins, and either grab a top QB in the draft if they still suck that badly or sign up Cousins as a FA with Hoyer moving to backup next year, sounds like a solid enough plan for now.

Since when did Jerry Jones know about love?

*Edit*

Hahaha, they really gonna ask Jerry directly about Zeke's case live during the game.

Last edited:
Tanehill is down, and I really believe Cutler is the best option for the Fins. He posted his best numbers while playing under Adam Gase, and only him and Osweiler know Gase's playbook, and he's more recently. Anyways, football is back (in a way).

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Hey you know who'd really thrive in a situation like Miami? *continues to play this broken record*

Man Miami will never sign him tho cuz they're super touchy about Castro.

Is it wrong that I kind of want Kap starting over Flacco this year?
If you're okay with a disgruntled 25 Million dollar backup who will be on the roster next year with an even higher cap hit
Hey you know who'd really thrive in a situation like Miami? *continues to play this broken record*
I feel like Matt Moore played well enough last year to earn the starting role in Tannehill's stay. Plus hes been in the system for 2 years.

The dolphins weren't gonna win many games on the back of their QB anyway, if they're gonna have any success this season it will be because of their defense+run game.

I also feel like that in terms of wins, the difference between Tannehill/Kaepernick/Moore is negligible at best, can't be worth more than 1 or 2.

According to Gase, Cutler was somewhat interested in un-retiring to become a Dolphin. I think he's the better option, but if an agreement can't be reached, or if he doesn't want to get back to the game, I believe they had better roll with Moore.

Who else thinks Philly will make a playoff run this year? Aside from cornerbacks they have one of the best rosters in the league right now.

Who else thinks Philly will make a playoff run this year? Aside from cornerbacks they have one of the best rosters in the league right now.
I think Dallas will regress if/when Zeke gets suspended and I think the bottom's about to fall out on Eli Manning (think he'd be out of a job by now if the Giants didn't draft Beckham)

I'm also a big fan of Wentz, even though many of the advanced metric people don't like him.

I think they can go 10-6 or 11-5 and win the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)