The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard as a falcons fan to be honest, but ive moved on, im more worried about coaches and the like

Anyways... Jaguars are making some nice offseason moves. Doug Marrone has shown he knows how to coach a team (see: 37-18 vs titans) and with Blake training in California now I think they're going to be a real threat (especially because Allen Robinson is still in his prime)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I'm no pats fan, but i would do the same thing Abdul did. If they'll pay me a premium ill consider it, otherwise fuck off. ESPN is an embarrassment to actual sports networks; it's been called CNN with footballs before, and for good reason.

Pats vs Chiefs for the opening night bloodbath

Pretty lame if you ask me, Alex Smith and his -1 yard risk averse passes should never be allowed on national television.

(Of course it is pretty hard to schedule games against the Pats seeing as they have no actual rivals)

Fuck off, Green Bay. Seriously, road game against them is Seattle's opener. Fuck our lives. Better early than in December, I guess. Then a free win from Santa Clara to make it a lukewarm 1-1.

First prime time game is vs Indianapolis. Yay....

Another early bye. No Carolina game, our other out-of-division rival (other is GB) in recent years. Less morning games. Average schedule, for appeal. Only cool thing is that we get to gang-rape some cowgirls on Christmas eve. Now that'll be a fun game.

Pre-season strength of schedule matters so little in the end tbh. The Falcons had the hardest pre-season SOS of 2016 yet ended with the 8th easiest schedule by the end of the season, while the Eagles had supposedly the 7th easiest pre-season SOS and ended with the hardest schedule. Granted that had a lot to do with the 15-1 Panthers falling all the way down to 6-10 while the 4-12 Cowboys rose to 13-3, but I could provide a lot more examples of it not mattering at all.

Either way, it looks like the Broncos have a brutal schedule. Early bye and plays New England after their bye, yay what luck. At least they play most of their toughest competition at home, so better odds in their favor in that regard.

Hey separate post but I met dan Quinn on Saturday. One of the nicest guys ever. He seems mostly past the SB and I can't wait to see what's in store for the future

Last edited:
New thread starts soon. Draft starts tomorrow. Hope you all don't get your draft wishes!

My pick for the Browns is the NYG kicking net. Bills first draft will be given to the Patriots. Someone will draft a punter in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)