Project The Dark Horse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should be fine Leer :)

also tagging Bouffalant because he forgot to edit his post w/ bouff to prove bronze
Reading the rules may have been a better idea, thanks lol

EDIT: Turns out Sandslash isn't even above 2% in the cumulative stats:
| 58 | Sandslash | 1.96528% | 2720 | 1.680% | 2312 | 1.748% |
It was just shy of the cutoff

Last edited:
weird i didnt get tagged v_v

I do think I could probably make Platinum, but school is keeping me busy, so maybe later.

Anyways, SubSD Bouffalant is obscenely underrated. Having an immunity to not just Grass-type moves, but Spore, a move found commonly on Amoonguss, which makes it a really potent sweeper. It has enough bulk to set up on the likes of mons such as Alomomola, Cofagrigus, Tangrowth, Cresselia, and more (although it needs to creep to set up on Mola so it sets up the Sub while Mola goes for Scald). I'd also like to talk about CBouff, which can pretty much break at any point in the game if used correctly, thanks to its decent coverage and Reckless, which boosts its already massive attack by a large portion, which is pretty great considering Bouffalant needs all the power it can get.

I'm kind of in a rush so this post was kinda bad but I'll edit it later.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, sorry for the delay; the OP should be fully updated, but if something's amiss please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM/VM/post in this thread and I'll get to it straightaway.

A Terrakion, can you specify which one of the several alts you mentioned is the one you're using? It just makes it a lot less confusing to record.
Arikado, I'm directly copy-pasting the HoF registrations into quotes in the HoF OP. If you could fill out the HoF registration form in the OP that would be great ^_^
Bouffalant, same goes for you.

Sorry if I didn't catch something or overlooked someone's post, just let me know.

Once again, thanks to all participants for making this worthwhile!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
CyclicCompound

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Genya
Dark Horse Pokemon: Kricketune
Screenshot of Top 50 Ladder Ranking:

Dark Horse Pokemon Complete Set:

Kricketune @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Knock Off

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Bleve's Driving
Dark Horse Pokemon: Bouffalant
Screenshot of Top 50 Ranking:

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

I finally got around to picking a mon that I'd like to use.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: aoemipede
Hall of Fame Standing: none
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Whirlipede

Pokemon Showdown! Username: aoemipede
Dark Horse Pokemon: Whirlipede
Screenshot of Top 50 Ladder Ranking: http://puu.sh/bzfin/5da07938b8.jpg

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Let's play 20 questions:

How did you choose your Dark Horse Pokemon for this project?: I'd been looking into some different less common leads to mix things up as I lead with Cobalion on most of my teams. I tried Lead Archeops to try to trouble Omastar with a quick taunt that was relatively unexpected (at least compared to something like Taunt coming from Cobalion), but I usually got burned from scald the turn after and that didn't accomplish much. So I decided to go a different route. I remember hearing Whirlipede from one of Molk's RMTs, (Pawniard's Wrath,) and while it was on a joke team it actually seemed fairly usable to me. I messed aroun with it a little bit, and decided to see how far it could take me as my dark horse.

How did you go about building a team for your Dark Horse Pokemon?: Well just from Whirlipede's set as a suicide lead spiker I knew I was going to make an offensive team to capitalize on the entry hazards. One of the major focus points were mons that could stop Gligar (the most common defogger in my experience, and in fact the only defogger bar one Shiftry I ran into so far) from defogging via offensive pressure. Of course I also wanted to include a ghost type as the semi-obligatory spin blocker. After figuring those parts I just filled out the rest of my team with things that covered my offensive weak points.

Do you think it is more difficult or less difficult to ladder with a Dark Horse Pokemon? Why?: I didn't particularly notice a huge challenge in laddering with Whirlipede on my team. I have to admit I haven't done too much laddering before, and I often do it with test teams that I decide aren't very good after playing around with them a bit. It might have been a bit easier than usual to ladder since I have to say a fairly large number of people I fought had no idea what Whirlipede does and misplayed against it.

I'm changing my mon again, but I'm dead serious with this one

Pokemon Showdown! Username: LGI SAVIOR PUPPY
Dark Horse Pokemon: Houndour
Hall of Fame Standing: None yet

If anyone cares i'm pretty sure i still havent registered wrath of polly yet lmao

nvm keeping poliwrath, gonna do houndour in my spare time for the hell of it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)